Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Clabo contract details/post-June 1st cap space around $17 million

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    there's no cap hell in 2013...but after that gonna be dicey...better hope these big money additions play like big time players...
    Whats dicey about it? We are in pretty good shape next year too.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    I think Jones is a prime candidate for the Franchise Tag. It also could be expected, one of either Soliai and Starks will not be resigned. The toss up players, who could get resigned are both Grimes and Keller depending on how well they've played and their recoveries from injuries. I think CB, OT and DT will be the top priorities going into the 2014 Off Season and Draft.
    I think we will sign Jones long term, with a tag being an option. DT/NT looks to be our biggest question, especially if Jordan is a JT type (under Saban) as an OLB/Joker.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    A masterful job for this year no doubt. What I am interested to see is 2014 through 2017.
    Quite masterful draft very few guys worth retaining from 2008-2009 since these are the guys in the free agent years and make bad free agent decisions then jettison them paying low money year one to replacements.The main key is just dont draft many guys worth retaining, you will have plenty of cap
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    you got both your starting safeties headed to free agency after this season both your starting dt's your starting solb both your starting corners most likely in grimes and carroll your starting guards in 2012 both free agents your starting right tackle in clabo your starting te in keller headed to free agency...

shoot...you got a lot of critical needs that must be filled...and you don't want to feel like you are ready to contend and be rolling in a bunch of rookies at these critical spots...

and you got massive 2014 cap hits like wallace at $17 mil and ellerbe and wheeler and hartline all paying the piper forward that come due...

great future shape you say???? ehhhh....
    Just to put this into perspective, after using 4 of our top 5 draft picks for defense and bringing in 3 high priced free agents we have the entire spine of our defense except MLB hit free agency at the same time. Notgreat timing.

I've been saying it all offseason, lock down Jones long term and get one of those DT's signed beyond 2014. Odrick can cover one DT spot and we can find a safety to replace Clemons if needed. But we can't afford to rebuild the entire spine of our defense with rookies and cheap free agents.

So what does that mean? We are once again not drafting offense to build around Tannehill in 2014?
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Whats dicey about it? We are in pretty good shape next year too.
    Depending on some of our young guys, cap increase, carry over, and a few contracts being re-negotiated, we could be in a similar cap situation as this year.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    quite masterful draft very few guys worth retaining from 2008-2009 since these are the guys in the free agent years and make bad free agent decisions then jettison them paying low money year one to replacements.the main key is just dont draft many guys worth retaining, you will have plenty of cap
    arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Just to put this into perspective, after using 4 of our top 5 draft picks for defense and bringing in 3 high priced free agents we have the entire spine of our defense except MLB hit free agency at the same time. Notgreat timing.

I've been saying it all offseason, lock down Jones long term and get one of those DT's signed beyond 2014. Odrick can cover one DT spot and we can find a safety to replace Clemons if needed. But we can't afford to rebuild the entire spine of our defense with rookies and cheap free agents.

So what does that mean? We are once again not drafting offense to build around Tannehill in 2014?
    Odrick can slide to DT yes. We may let both Starks and Soliai go and put Martin in the other DT slot. If we keep one IMO it will be Starks as Soliai is more of a NT type player and Starks brings more versatility to the defense. I am interested in Misi becoming our MLB he seems to be a better fit in that role as opposed to OLB. Him with Ellerbe and Wheeler on the outside sounds very good. I would sign Clemons also. He's entering his prime and is a very underrated player for us.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks

probably...although this was an odd draft if you buy into the guys miami had targeted with the top picks of day 1 and day 3 being offensive skill position players but yet we avoided adding any all together til round 4...odd way of going about things to me...

miami has to make some decisions at dt they can't afford to have these lbs that aren't very good at getting off blocks and sifting thru traffic not get clean looks to the ball...dt has to be a major priority either with resigning our own or adding in the draft with a high pick...i'd keep solia personally if i can only choose one...he'll help keep the backers more clean...but you are gonna sacrifice some pass rush on the inside
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17

I think that the SHOCKER in getting Jordan threw a curve into our plans on D. Is Soliai now more important than Starks?

Jones will be kept by contract or tag. The "spine" of our D will depend a lot on Ellerbe.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if any decent amount of henne, Long Langford, davis, white, merling, davis , smith and turner.
    Not to mention Dansby, Burnett,Brandon MArshall.

having this much cap room was a result of the teams failure in the draft and in free agency.
    really good teams dont have 50,000 in cap space because they have to pay their players at some point
    Quote Quote