Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Clabo contract details/post-June 1st cap space around $17 million

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    if any decent amount of henne, Long Langford, davis, white, merling, davis , smith and turner.
    Not to mention Dansby, Burnett,Brandon MArshall.

having this much cap room was a result of the teams failure in the draft and in free agency.
    really good teams dont have 50,000 in cap space because they have to pay their players at some point
    You realize 8 of those 12 will be starting players in the NFL next year?

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm not sure i like the idea of misi at mike cause to me he's not the most instinctual still learning how to play lb and i think it will be harder to hide him in coverage...i'd go with ellerbe at mike wheeler at weak and misi at strong with jenkins backing up and competing with wheeler at weak...we're gonna have to try and hide wheeler at times...and misi as well...

frankly i think we could have found a better weak at #42 than wheeler by plucking arthur brown of k state there who i think would probably be the best lb in our core had we taken him but it is what it is now...that kids very instinctual...more instinctual than any backer we have imo
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    probably...although this was an odd draft if you buy into the guys miami had targeted with the top picks of day 1 and day 3 being offensive skill position players but yet we avoided adding any all together til round 4...odd way of going about things to me...

miami has to make some decisions at dt they can't afford to have these lbs that aren't very good at getting off blocks and sifting thru traffic not get clean looks to the ball...dt has to be a major priority either with resigning our own or adding in the draft with a high pick...i'd keep solia personally if i can only choose one...he'll help keep the backers more clean...but you are gonna sacrifice some pass rush on the inside
    DT/NT is a BIG concern but, we do have the money to resolve it next year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madmic21 View Post
    You realize 8 of those 12 will be starting players in the NFL next year?
    alot of good that will do us lol.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just saying. The way you make it sound is we busted on them all. Whats Merling up to these days?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    DT/NT is a BIG concern but, we do have the money to resolve it next year.
    i disagree with you on the miami has plenty of money in 2014 thing....most the difference making dts won't reach free agency for starters and the ones that do will get paid well...and miami has so many guys up for contracts that play heavy snaps and are not gonna be easy to replace cheap...

guess i'm not so sure the market will be as team friendly after day 1 of free agency as it was this year...especially with anything in it's prime that can help you for the long term
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    E have 2 CB with a combined cap space of $11 I believe so when they are cut this year or next that'll be a huge help.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    if any decent amount of henne, Long Langford, davis, white, merling, davis , smith and turner.
    Not to mention Dansby, Burnett,Brandon MArshall.

having this much cap room was a result of the teams failure in the draft and in free agency.
    really good teams dont have 50,000 in cap space because they have to pay their players at some point
    I would disagree on some but, for me, the past has passed, and I'm in the present while looking into the future. JMO
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Dont mess with Clint

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Cap's going to be a lot thigher after this year. Some people on here think we're totaly fine and I hope we are but maybe they're forgeting that we have some good players that will become free agents after this year so it's not as easy as they think.

Ozzy rules!!
    as of right now we have 98 million in contracts for next year, given the fact we could still save 3 million for cutting carpenter and 4.5 million for patterson, which i hope we keep, we are in excellent shape to sign jones to an extension and roll the dice on starks and soliai or even resign both, i'm not worried
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does the $30 million in cap space in 2014 include the $10M-$12M roll over from 2013?
    Quote Quote