Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Clabo contract details/post-June 1st cap space around $17 million

1. -51
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i disagree with you on the miami has plenty of money in 2014 thing....most the difference making dts won't reach free agency for starters and the ones that do will get paid well...and miami has so many guys up for contracts that play heavy snaps and are not gonna be easy to replace cheap...

guess i'm not so sure the market will be as team friendly after day 1 of free agency as it was this year...especially with anything in it's prime that can help you for the long term
    The numbers are what they are. You can disagree with the NFL and NFLPA for giving them but, not me for posting them. I listed the players, playing heavy snaps, and they are few. Gonna have to give me specific examples.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madmic21 View Post
    Just saying. The way you make it sound is we busted on them all. Whats Merling up to these days?
    well we busted on first pick in draft in relation to being first pick in draft. busted on Henne, busted on merling, buster on turner, busted on white, did good with langford but did not think he was worth starter money, busted on davis because we traded for a second as a first, busted on smith because we didnt think he was worth what we are paying two nickelbacks, busted on Dansby because we made him highest paid mlb and he never was among the best(was a good player though) , busted on Burnett let him go after two years (also was a good player), busted on Marsall made him highest paid wr in game and traded two second round picks even though he had been in trouble, threw his qb under the bus so he could do the same here and then trade him fro even less,

as for Merling he is in Washington after his two tackles and being cut in Green bay. This was a guy we placed a second round tender on last year along with Lydon Murtha
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    Does the $30 million in cap space in 2014 include the $10M-$12M roll over from 2013?
    No, it does not, and as other posters have mentioned, it does not include contracts on a Marshall, a Petterson, etc. or the projected cap increase.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Cap's going to be a lot thigher after this year. Some people on here think we're totaly fine and I hope we are but maybe they're forgeting that we have some good players that will become free agents after this year so it's not as easy as they think.

Ozzy rules!!
    This year and next few drafts are key. Part of these acquisitions were jump starts into getting us seriously competitive now. Not necessarily due to bad drafting before, but to replace old regime players with new regime players.

Philbin and Sherman prefer drafting their own team. But I see some major compromising to jump start this team. And i believe they went out and targeted players to fit their scheme and team chemistry.

We signed a lot of 1 year deals. Some are "prove it" deals and others are stop gaps. The drafts are they key. We don't need to shock the world with every pick, but the vast majority of picks need to produce for at least 3 - 5 years to make the cap stay healthy long term.

It would be nice if we were still able to roll $5M or more into next year's cap from this year.

I think Ireland has hit one out of the park this year. There are times when you have to go big. He did. Now it's up to the staff and players to do their part.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    No, it does not, and as other posters have mentioned, it does not include contracts on a Marshall, a Petterson, etc. or the projected cap increase.
    So the cap space for Miami could be as much as $40M-$45M in 2014? If I'm understanding you correctly.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Al13 View Post
    as of right now we have 98 million in contracts for next year, given the fact we could still save 3 million for cutting carpenter and 4.5 million for patterson, which i hope we keep, we are in excellent shape to sign jones to an extension and roll the dice on starks and soliai or even resign both, i'm not worried
    Carp is a FA after this year, and would not give us any additional cap space. Patterson is a different story. I have no concerns, in any way, shape, or form on next year's cap space.

Anyone having a problem has just not done their homework.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Not if Miami stops now, spends the $7 million to sign the rookies and rolls the rest of it into the 2014 cap when many of these FA contracts spike with guaranteed money.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Carp is a FA after this year, and would not give us any additional cap space. Patterson is a different story. I have no concerns, in any way, shape, or form on next year's cap space.

Anyone having a problem has just not done their homework.
    Hopefully we will never have as much cap space as we had this year, that will mean we have drafted well and made good decisions in free agency
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    So the cap space for Miami could be as much as $40M-$45M in 2014? If I'm understanding you correctly.
    Yes. However, you need to understand that there will be 15 players to sign, as of now, and I defy anyone to dispute that (spent too much time doing homework). :0
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphanB View Post
    Not if Miami stops now, spends the $7 million to sign the rookies and rolls the rest of it into the 2014 cap when many of these FA contracts spike with guaranteed money.
    The numbers I posted included all the spikes and guarantee. We can still add to our team with no cap problems. I expect Ireland will.
    Quote Quote