Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clark: Miami Dolphins NFL's most improved team

1. -41
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I think Harvin is overrated...much like the "experts" were calling Chicago's offense complete when they acquired Brandon Marshall but in reality Chicago's offense got worse. However, I don't think Harvin and Marshall are the same type of players. Harvin is not a good route runner but if you get the ball in his hands he can make things happen. He'll be a slot receiver for them and make things easier for Wilson. Short dump offs, finding soft spots in zone coverage and just sitting...that's what Harvin is good at...plus the return game. Harvin is not a guy who demands the ball be thrown to him on every play like Marshall...he's more of a team player. Still the offense hinges on the running game and Marshawn Lynch.

This is all speculation too. When we get on the field we'll see just how much we've improved. Hopefully Sherman stops babying Tannehill and lets the kid start throwing more in the red zone.
    Trust me, Harvin is not that much of a team player either....
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Hey Ryan, we're still going to come to the ketchup bottle on December 8th and kick your asses! Have a nice day!
    What he said!
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Go Fins!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SoFlo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the dude is smart, but 100% ireland hater..... he doesnt hate the dolphins!
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Their O-line was awful before he got there and Johnny Knox only caught 37 passes the year before. They were 24th before Marshall and they were 28th after Marshall. Not to mention Matt Forte only played in 12 games in 2011 and he played in 15 games in 2012.

Need more proof? In 2009 before we acquired Brandon Marshall we were ranked 17th offensively...after Marshall's arrival we dropped to 21st. Henne started 13 games and played in 14 in 2009 and he started 15 in 2010 so it wasn't his fault.
    SO by your logic Ryan Tannehill made our offense worse since it ranked lower. The previous season MAtt Moore made our offense worse since it ranked lower.

You do have to take into account after MArshall got here that season we had not running game and poor qb play.

As for Knox only having 37 receptions that doesnt tell the whole story he had the second highest average per catch that year and got injured late.
    The previous season he almost had a 1000 yard season. Knox was a very good deep threat that was coming into his own, a great complement to Marshall.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    cmon he would much rather have had 3 straight losing seasons than almost win a super bowl lol
    Dude you need to seriously get over that losing seasons stuff. Parcells and Sparano are gone. We have a young franchise QB. This team is finally on the right track and all you want to do is harp about the long rocky road we had to take to get here. Get over it already. Youre like the whiney kid on vacation with his parents. Youre 30 minutes from arrival to your destination and all you want to do is complain about the lousy trip to get there.

Seriously, when this team starts winning this year, few fans are going to want to share in the fun with you because you have been such a buzzkill the past few months. You cant just clown Ryan Clark for chosing not to sign with us. Instead you just have to be that guy who tries to argue Ryan Clark made the right choice because our team sucks.

Do yourself and all the phins fans who come here a favor man and drop that whole M.O.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    the rest of the league is figuring out miami is coming...they know we have a high end qb in the making...i can't wait for the good times to start rolling...2013 is gonna be fun but 2014 is gonna be we have arrived...

and we are gonna stick this time...that qb is gonna make it happen
    This is the exact opposite of what a Dlockz post would say. Refreshing. And truth.

Yea, we sucked the last few years. But, Im tired of dwelling on that ****. Im looking forward to what is about to go down. What Hoops just said is what Im talking about. The only reason I would bother bringing up the past few years is to clown Sparano, Parcells, Henne, or Jake Wrong.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Dont mess with Clint

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vere76 View Post
    Clark said the most improved, woodsen said Seattle because of Harvin. Harvin is average at best.
    Percy Harvin definately is not "average at best" he is a playmaker
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ppl need to let it go with Ryan Clark. Ireland is a tough negotiator, and Clark got his feelings hurt. He's only human. Obviously he's thought twice about what he said after the offseason haul we just pulled off..

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Ryan Clark Translation: I am an idiot and should have signed with them when I had a chance.

Clark can kiss my ass.
    As can Channing Crowder.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's Dlockz bro! I honestly and whole-heartly believe we could participate and win the next Super Bowl and he would still find something to complain about. Some fans just aren't happy no matter what...That's sports! That's life.

Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Dude you need to seriously get over that losing seasons stuff. Parcells and Sparano are gone. We have a young franchise QB. This team is finally on the right track and all you want to do is harp about the long rocky road we had to take to get here. Get over it already. Youre like the whiney kid on vacation with his parents. Youre 30 minutes from arrival to your destination and all you want to do is complain about the lousy trip to get there.

Seriously, when this team starts winning this year, few fans are going to want to share in the fun with you because you have been such a buzzkill the past few months. You cant just clown Ryan Clark for chosing not to sign with us. Instead you just have to be that guy who tries to argue Ryan Clark made the right choice because our team sucks.

Do yourself and all the phins fans who come here a favor man and drop that whole M.O.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    San Fran -- Do I even need to go into detail? Crabtree. Davis. Loaded at WR... last year Ginn was their NUMBER THREE or FOUR WR... and this after being NUMBER ONE in Miami, lol LD
    I have had the same mindset since we signed Wallace/Gibson to pair with Hartline. We're definitely not elite, nor top 10 in the receiving part of the game. However, comparing Ginn (who was fresh off being selected in the top 10) in Miami, where the verdict was still out there for him, to years later after his sorry potential was realized in SF, is not fair. Ginn was young and had upside in the eyes of everyone in Miami due to his age, he was recognized as a dud after we shipped him off. Under no circumstance would he have been our #1 receiver after realizing his ceiling as a football player.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote