Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rapaport: Ross sale may depend on 2013 season.

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Belair
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow talk about taken out of context. Ross is a huge miami fan before even buying the team, you guys have to be nuts to think he would even think of moving us...They are playing the shell game in hopes of raising money for the renovations from the taxpayers..

If I was in florida i would vote yes to the tax increase which is not much at all by the way.

However I live in New jersey, now they built the giants a new stadium and they use PSL up here: A personal seat license, or PSL, is a paid license that entitles the holder to the right to buy season tickets for a certain seat in a stadium. This holder can sell the seat license to someone else if they no longer wish to purchase season tickets. THEN AFTER GETTING A PSL YOU CAN BUY SEASON TICKETS.

My season tickets in Miami are row one between the goal posts in the upper deck. Each ticket is about 30 something dollars a game. THOSE SAME SEATS AT METLIFE ARE AT LEAST 120 face value. On top of a 8000 thousand dollar PSL..

I would vote yes for the tax increase, Ross has dished a out of money down there and kept a lot of people at work and kept the game experience cheap for the fans...Plus we are have one of the greatest teams on paper since the early 90s with a great coach.

Again, don't read too much into this spin on Dees words...
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Funny how people want to paint doom and gloom about the dolphins and possibly moving to LA. Hmm doesnt California have two teams with much bigger stadium issues than us. In fact the NFL could solve an easy problem by letting Oakland move back to LA esp since its the most popular team in LA. The Raiders are bleeding money in Oakland for some reason
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    Ya know, we needed an off-field distraction like this like a hole in the head. Can Mike Dee keep his ****ing mouth shut for 10 minutes?
    These ass clowns show thee true colors when things don't go their way. Who the **** is a Mike Dee? Our Dolphins have been part of this city since the mid 60's and because they lose public funding for superbowls, now comes the threats. What a ****ing joke. How many people are denied the basic life necessities every day?? Food, Shelter, Jobs, Health. And they are Republicans, the main one's who funded and elected these ideologue in the first place. I guess the taste of their own medicine doesn't taste so good..

What Mike Dee fails to realize, who ever buys the Dolphins will keep the Dolphins here in Miami, because when the team is winning; corporate sponsors are huge down here.

So he can take hes scared tactic and shove it up his candy ass...
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Rapaport: Ross sale may depend on 2013 season.

Ross and Dee really do look like spoiled clowns. There is nothing to stop them from putting together a better bill and put it through the process again, but I guess they would just rather whine. Ross has a penchant for doing that when things don't go his way, which is funny since he just called out Sparano for doing the same thing.

Leave the fire and brimstone speeches for the preachers...
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    These ass clowns show thee true colors when things don't go their way. Who the **** is a Mike Dee? Our Dolphins have been part of this city since the mid 60's and because they lose public funding for superbowls, now comes the threats. What a ****ing joke. How many people are denied the basic life necessities every day?? Food, Shelter, Jobs, Health. And they are Republicans, the main one's who funded and elected these ideologue in the first place. I guess the taste of their own medicine doesn't taste so good..

What Mike Dee fails to realize, who ever buys the Dolphins will keep the Dolphins here in Miami, because when the team is winning; corporate sponsors are huge down here.

So he can take hes scared tactic and shove it up his candy ass...
    Maybe Ross should choose a new person for that position Dee seems to be as clueless to polictics if not more so than Ross somehow
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Funny how people want to paint doom and gloom about the dolphins and possibly moving to LA. Hmm doesnt California have two teams with much bigger stadium issues than us. In fact the NFL could solve an easy problem by letting Oakland move back to LA esp since its the most popular team in LA. The Raiders are bleeding money in Oakland for some reason
    The Raiders are the 3rd least profitable team behind the jags and rams and the worst attendance in the league combined with the fact that the majority of the TV market is taken by the far more popular 49ers. Add in the built-in fanbase and it's a no-brainer. Yet some fear mongers completely disregard facts like that.

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    GO Deep!! F'N DEEP!!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Ross has managed to make this team a 3 ring circus! Sure never ever see this type of crap out of Robert Kraft.
    Actually Kraft did. When the MA Legislature voted not to help him with infrastructure costs he went to Hartford, CT and brokered a deal with them, only after MA got its act together and approved some funding and taking it to vote for six separate measures did Kraft abandon the idea of moving.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

RE: Rapaport: Ross sale may depend on 2013 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcganiel View Post
    Wow talk about taken out of context. Ross is a huge miami fan before even buying the team, you guys have to be nuts to think he would even think of moving us...They are playing the shell game in hopes of raising money for the renovations from the taxpayers..

If I was in florida i would vote yes to the tax increase which is not much at all by the way.

However I live in New jersey, now they built the giants a new stadium and they use PSL up here: A personal seat license, or PSL, is a paid license that entitles the holder to the right to buy season tickets for a certain seat in a stadium. This holder can sell the seat license to someone else if they no longer wish to purchase season tickets. THEN AFTER GETTING A PSL YOU CAN BUY SEASON TICKETS.

My season tickets in Miami are row one between the goal posts in the upper deck. Each ticket is about 30 something dollars a game. THOSE SAME SEATS AT METLIFE ARE AT LEAST 120 face value. On top of a 8000 thousand dollar PSL..

I would vote yes for the tax increase, Ross has dished a out of money down there and kept a lot of people at work and kept the game experience cheap for the fans...Plus we are have one of the greatest teams on paper since the early 90s with a great coach.

Again, don't read too much into this spin on Dees words...
    such a huge fan that Ross tried to buy the jets?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orange County, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO, as someone who lives in the LA area, Farmer's field is dead since Anschutz is not interested in being rooked by the NFL.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar...in-la-20130314
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thevegasphinfan View Post
    Actually Kraft did. When the MA Legislature voted not to help him with infrastructure costs he went to Hartford, CT and brokered a deal with them, only after MA got its act together and approved some funding and taking it to vote for six separate measures did Kraft abandon the idea of moving.
    Kind of a totally different issue. Kraft had no problem paying for stadium, main issue was people not wanting stadium built here and there. He had already agreed to build stadium at his costs.
    He could have taken a stadium on fully public money and lets not act like he was going to move team across country at most it was going to be 100 miles. He still got the deal done in Boston and he paid for stadium through private financing . I think last stadium done that way and he is making very good money off his investment. He spent 325 million and last year made 119 million profit second in NFL. They have sold out every game there .
    Quote Quote