Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mando: Lack of Stadium Election is Galling

1. -31
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I don't know what any of this has to do with my original statement...
    Pretty simple, you bash Ross / Dee saying originally they did not want a vote and then assume that if a vote had taken place and assume that if the public voted it down that they would be whining about that as well. Instead of bashing the franchise, IMHO, it makes more sense to be upset that a vote never took place. It is ironic how governmnet wastes taxpayer money on so many things that we never get a say in - electric cars, solar companies, abortion. But when given a chance on how taxes were to be spent and then having that right taken away should be infuriating. Assuming how someone would react if a vote turned out a certain way is ridiculous and time wasting. It is just so you can slam the Ross and Dee when they are not to blame here.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeoilSeller View Post
    It is a good article. I find it amazing how many other posts on this subject say "the Fins will never leave South Florida." That is just an ignorant statement. As the article points out, that has been said many times before by low informed fans - until it happens to their team. This vote was not about today or tomorrow or next season or maybe not even 5 seasons, but it leaves the door open in the future. The Dolphins would have been obligated to stay in South Florida for another 30 years, now they are not. Plain and simple. Fins management was ok with the people deciding, it was going to be a tax placed on hotel occupancy not on the local residents, and a couple of politicians who put themselves ahead of the people made the final decision. It is a shame and it is a shame that so many posters on here cannot see that or choose not to see it.
    So those who disagree with Mando are "low informed" now? That would be a first.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    So those who disagree with Mando are "low informed" now? That would be a first.
    Hardly - and of course I did not say that. I just find it ironic on how many people want to blame Ross and Dee for everything, when in my opinion they are not to blame. And 5 or 10 years from now when the team is sold, and they move to San Antonio or Oklahoma City or wherever, the politicians that made these decisions will not be blamed because most will forget their names, or forget that their rights were taken away from them. They will be told it's Ross's fault or it is the new owners fault and they will blindly follow the new story.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    I thought we hated Armando.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I post on a dolphins site, an overzealous mod didn't like me questioning his "power" and banned me for the week. been posting there since 2004 and have never been banned. I was wronged and now I don't think I will post there again and it will be their loss. .
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    LTJG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    The whole process seemed rushed and haphazard.
    Yes and no. Depends on if you are talking about rushing the House vote or rushing the process. As far as the process goes, Dee claims that he has been working with Weatherford on this process for what sounds like years. Weatherford has actually been coaching them through the process since before he even became Speaker. Having jumped through his hoops, the Dolphins claim that Weatherford gave them his word (on multiple occasions) that he would ensure that the issue came to a vote, that the process would not kill the bill.

You could say there was a rush because voting in the House got impacted by some time-consuming debates on Medicaid that caused the stadium issue to get pushed to the backburner. This is why the stadium bill was repackaged at the last minute with another bill that had already passed and resubmitted so that Weatherford could re-present it for an immediate vote. He chose not to do that. The reasoning for that has yet to be explained.

This is why the Dolphins felt so burned. The bill came to the House in the manner it did because of their coordination with the Speaker himself. The Speaker furthermore claimed he would ensure it came to a vote. The Dolphins had enough Reps to win the vote. And in the end the Speaker killed it. ....Of course, that is if you believe Mike Dee, who is the only one talking.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why don't we all let Weatherford hear our voice?
    I did!

District Office
    28963 State Road 54
    Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
    Phone: (813) 558-5115
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    hoboken, nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank you Markcalius. Interesting insight.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Markcalius View Post
    Yes and no. Depends on if you are talking about rushing the House vote or rushing the process. As far as the process goes, Dee claims that he has been working with Weatherford on this process for what sounds like years. Weatherford has actually been coaching them through the process since before he even became Speaker. Having jumped through his hoops, the Dolphins claim that Weatherford gave them his word (on multiple occasions) that he would ensure that the issue came to a vote, that the process would not kill the bill.

You could say there was a rush because voting in the House got impacted by some time-consuming debates on Medicaid that caused the stadium issue to get pushed to the backburner. This is why the stadium bill was repackaged at the last minute with another bill that had already passed and resubmitted so that Weatherford could re-present it for an immediate vote. He chose not to do that. The reasoning for that has yet to be explained.

This is why the Dolphins felt so burned. The bill came to the House in the manner it did because of their coordination with the Speaker himself. The Speaker furthermore claimed he would ensure it came to a vote. The Dolphins had enough Reps to win the vote. And in the end the Speaker killed it. ....Of course, that is if you believe Mike Dee, who is the only one talking.

Well Im not one to believe anybody over another when I dont know either person. Info seems to be so nonreliable. Like MArino saying one thing and Weatherford saying another lol.
    They could have talked about this bill sooner that late january. I think Ross felt it would go right though without even having to go through certain processes. Thats just my thinking but most bill take longer than a few months and he knew for a while when the nfl would decide . San Fransico had been laying their framework for years

One thing is not correct and he has not been working with Weatherford on this for years since Weatherford just became the speaker of house last year
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blah blah blah... Millionaires arguing with Billionaires over whether or not WE THE PEOPLE should pony up out of our own pockets to pay for someone else's business. Nonsense. Pay for your own damn business and leave me out of it. We don't owe the City or the Dolphins anything. Taxes are nothing but a huge scam. I say let the whole corrupt coercive system die and just opt out.

But... if i'm Ross I would leave as soon as I get a better offer.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Andre Williams - RB- Boston College
    6. Calvin Barnett - DT- Oklahoma State
    7. Seantrel Henderson - OT- Miami

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Why don't we let Germany and Iceland vote on it as well??
    Figure it out for yourself Einstein.

Im not even sure why any vote is necessary when part of the deal was the NFL garunteeing Miami would host superbowl 50 when that has already been awarded to another city.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat
    Quote Quote