Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinion: Ross Now Owns the Most Valuable Franchise in the Country...

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by insom187 View Post
    Now that there is even the rumor the team could move and the prospect of a team finally relocating into the nations second largest city, LA, the value of the Dolphins must have just doubled. I don't think Ross would ever want to see the Fins move out of Florida but if a deal for over $2 billion comes in from how is he supposed to resist that kind of money? He bought the team for somewhere around $1.1 billion so that'd be quite the return and one can't guarantee a new owner would share the same loyalty to the city Ross has displayed so far.

I think the idea of Ross selling the team is just posturing by the FO but again, this must have stirred up some people to at least consider putting an offer together for the team.
    No deal will come in at $2 billion dollars. Ross already said (through Mike Dee) that he has no intentions of moving the team.

imo, the only thing this failed stadium deal means is that Ross will have to hang on to the team longer than expected. I believe had the deal passed, it would have increased the stadium equity by $400 million, and Ross would have then sold the team. But instead the deal failed and now Ross is stuck with the team.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    All of this talk.

I dont see the team moving at all. And if they do move, I seriously doubt its L.A. The NFL is waiting to expand and L.A will be the first city to get a brand new franchise.
    As Ben Volin said, who would have thought the Cleveland Browns would have moved to Baltimore. Browns had a much stronger fan base than we do and they still moved.

I agree that it won't be L.A. though. I was thinking more San Antonio myself. 7th largest city, football is huge in Texas, Dallas' stadium and Houston's stadium fills up for every game...seems to make sense to me. Only other sport there to compete with is the Spurs.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    No deal will come in at $2 billion dollars. Ross already said (through Mike Dee) that he has no intentions of moving the team.

imo, the only thing this failed stadium deal means is that Ross will have to hang on to the team longer than expected. I believe had the deal passed, it would have increased the stadium equity by $400 million, and Ross would have then sold the team. But instead the deal failed and now Ross is stuck with the team.
    I think your pretty spot on.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SO CAL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insom187 View Post
    Now that there is even the rumor the team could move and the prospect of a team finally relocating into the nations second largest city, LA, the value of the Dolphins must have just doubled. I don't think Ross would ever want to see the Fins move out of Florida but if a deal for over $2 billion comes in from how is he supposed to resist that kind of money? He bought the team for somewhere around $1.1 billion so that'd be quite the return and one can't guarantee a new owner would share the same loyalty to the city Ross has displayed so far.

I think the idea of Ross selling the team is just posturing by the FO but again, this must have stirred up some people to at least consider putting an offer together for the team.
    California has a boat-load of Dolphins fans. If they moved anywhere LA would be the best fit. There are also a ton of fair weathers football fans that would give them some heavy attendance.
    1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON!

All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things.
    Bobby Knight
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    As Ben Volin said, who would have thought the Cleveland Browns would have moved to Baltimore. Browns had a much stronger fan base than we do and they still moved.

I agree that it won't be L.A. though. I was thinking more San Antonio myself. 7th largest city, football is huge in Texas, Dallas' stadium and Houston's stadium fills up for every game...seems to make sense to me. Only other sport there to compete with is the Spurs.

Still as I have said San Antonio would have to renovate stadium to a tune of like 200 million and no guarantee they are going to hand over all profits from stadium to an NFL owner.
    Im sure they would like a team but it all depends on what they are willing to give up.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    the only city I would be ok with the phins moving to is probly Orlando
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DOLFANMIKE View Post
    California has a boat-load of Dolphins fans. If they moved anywhere LA would be the best fit. There are also a ton of fair weathers football fans that would give them some heavy attendance.
    best fit by far is the Raiders
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    No More Excuses

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    If I had 2 billion dollars just laying around, I would be able to buy the Dolphins and do the renovations ... I'd hire some of the guys on this board as scouts and personnel men and we would Rule the NFL for decades to come.

But I'm just a bit shy of 2 billion so ...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NCFINFAN13 View Post
    If I had 2 billion dollars just laying around, I would be able to buy the Dolphins and do the renovations ... I'd hire some of the guys on this board as scouts and personnel men and we would Rule the NFL for decades to come.

But I'm just a bit shy of 2 billion so ...
    Just offer 1.2 million and agree to build a 500 million dollar stadium and save yourself 300 million in process.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    San Antonio
    Quote Quote