Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinion: Ross Now Owns the Most Valuable Franchise in the Country...

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Why would any NFL team want to move to la? This has been tried over and over and each time has failed miserably. La is fair weather fans only, look at the clippers, for years when they were bad the stadium would be empty, now that they are good everyone in la is a clippers fan. It will be the same for football, if the dolphins have a down year no one will show up to the games. La fans have 0 attention span
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Home of the ONE and ONLY PERFECT TEAM!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PERFECTVILLE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMHO if no one shows up this year to Sun Life, Ross should move the Fins if he desires. Everybody down here wants to spend their dime on basketball, that great for right now. The NFL is more popular than NBA in the grand scheme of things.The hot comodity here is basketball and the HEAT bandwagon fans down here will not miss the Fins, until the LeBron show retires or leaves town! Of course the real Dolfans who live for Sundays and the NFL product will be at Sun Life this year and if the Dolphins have a strong start and good showing this season, like challenge and beat the Patriots for the East crown, some of those Heat bandwagon fans might jump on the Fins bandwagon and show up at the stadium,if not, I wouldn't blame Ross for saying adios!
    Draft Aaron Donald Coalition
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Another Wasted Year

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Just offer 1.2 million and agree to build a 500 million dollar stadium and save yourself 300 million in process.
    Great Idea ... But I'm afraid I'm a bit short of that too.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Spartanburg, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I'm Ross, and someone offers me double my teams value, I sell the team. Then I start a new team with my new profit and build my new stadium myself. Suck it, LA.
    Or Check out My Wallpapers Thread
    http://www.finheaven.com/show...e-Good-Ol-Days...
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just hope there's somehow some way to keep the brand name 'Dolphins' and our colors linked with Miami so if the team moves then another owner can come in here in the future and restart the Miami Dolphins.
    In a perfect world, the Dolphins could become a publicly-owned entity, like the Packers but even more democratic (small 'd', not 'D'). I'd love to see sports teams that represent a community actually start to be owned by said communities.
    I have to say that I pretty much hate the ownership of the Dolphins, as I hate the ownership of most pro sports teams. These people are sociopathic vampires that became rich in vacuums of ethics or basic human decency. All but a minuscule few champion Ayn Rand/Milton Friedman class war poorly disguised as an economic theory and revel in the destruction of the commons, yet want public money to further enrich themselves. They should have dates with the guillotine, not the House Speaker.
    Through that particular prism, it's kinda hard to care about these peoples' 'chatel', like Tannehill, Philbin, or anyone, as 3 years from now they could all be playing for the L.A. Sun.
    I would hate this team if it was no longer the Miami Dolphins. HATE. THIS. TEAM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Still as I have said San Antonio would have to renovate stadium to a tune of like 200 million and no guarantee they are going to hand over all profits from stadium to an NFL owner.
    Im sure they would like a team but it all depends on what they are willing to give up.
    Any city looking to lure an NFL team is going to need a stadium or an upgrade to an existing stadium...that includes L.A. If you hear of a city that doesn't have an NFL team building a stadium or making costly renovations then it's time to worry cause they most likely have a deal with an NFL team to move there that no one is aware of.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Any city looking to lure an NFL team is going to need a stadium or an upgrade to an existing stadium...that includes L.A. If you hear of a city that doesn't have an NFL team building a stadium or making costly renovations then it's time to worry cause they most likely have a deal with an NFL team to move there that no one is aware of.
    We are in no danger of moving to San Antonio or elsewhere. And u make my point all these cities have stadium issues so you might as well deal with the place u are at.
    The cities that are willing to lure these teams elsewhere dwindle every year because in reality having a professional sports team is not really a more of a boon to economic development more than just a quality of life issue
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Fin fan in hostile territory

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...y-as-it-sounds

I think this article gives an idea of how possible it is the Dolphins could move. My apologies on not putting the 'opinion' tag on my thread, i did not mean to represent the thread as anything but what I thought of the situation. If the Browns can now go for over 1.1-1.2 billion, with the NFL having the most valuable franchises in sports, and the possible money to be made in LA especially the figure $2 billion comes from. It's not so much their current value but potential value in that market. Also, there hasn't been much talk of many teams in the NFL moving and with this news it's certain to catch the eyes of those that wish to move a team to any city. Are there other teams possibly moving? Honestly it's not something I've heard much about.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insom187 View Post
    Now that there is even the rumor the team could move and the prospect of a team finally relocating into the nations second largest city, LA, the value of the Dolphins must have just doubled. I don't think Ross would ever want to see the Fins move out of Florida but if a deal for over $2 billion comes in from how is he supposed to resist that kind of money? He bought the team for somewhere around $1.1 billion so that'd be quite the return and one can't guarantee a new owner would share the same loyalty to the city Ross has displayed so far.

I think the idea of Ross selling the team is just posturing by the FO but again, this must have stirred up some people to at least consider putting an offer together for the team.
    I have been rolling up quarters as fast as I can since I heard he might sell. Any potential partners out there??
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just offer 1.2 million and agree to build a 500 million dollar stadium and save yourself 300 million in process.
    Nice
    Quote Quote