Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Volin projects Fins to have $13.7 million in cap space after rookie deals

  1. -21
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    34,470
    vCash:
    120722
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by twohype View Post
    Yup.....Trusnik as a LB is pure GARBAGE.....he's awful....cut Trusnik now please :-)
    He doesn't offer much as a linebacker, but he is a pretty big part of special teams. I doubt Trusnik is going anywhere.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    1,680
    vCash:
    3345
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    I'm not a cap expert but can someone explain if we can roll over this cap space to next year for even more financial flexibility?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    foozool13's Avatar
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    4,008
    vCash:
    2579
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    I'm not a cap expert but can someone explain if we can roll over this cap space to next year for even more financial flexibility?
    Yes we can. Whatever we dont spend this year is more cap space for us next year.

    Example:

    Assume we finish this season with $10M left over after the season. Assume next years salary cap is $125M. Theoretically our salary cap would then actually be $125M + $10M = $135M.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    4,721
    vCash:
    3477
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    He doesn't offer much as a linebacker, but he is a pretty big part of special teams. I doubt Trusnik is going anywhere.
    OH I think I will have to disagree with that one. We have some pretty good talent at backup LB this year. I fully expect Clay to make the roster and with Jenkins, Wheeler, Ellerbe, Misi, Kaddu, and even Hinds I think there is too much aggressive young talent that can upgrade the LB core that we are going to see our backups, Spilter, Freeney, and Trusnik gone. We know what their upside is, and I think one of these young guys will be fine on STs.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    fishfanmiami's Avatar
    grip it and rip it

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    6,453
    vCash:
    8969
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Never cared for Spitler or Trusnik even though both were great on special team and not bad filling in for Dansby and Burnett.

    No up side. They give their all on every play but I think youth will be served.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    finfan54's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    23,951
    vCash:
    11717
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    He doesn't offer much as a linebacker, but he is a pretty big part of special teams. I doubt Trusnik is going anywhere.
    actually, trusnik is good in coverage. he makes plays when he gets his chances.

    he is also good at reading the read option. he stuffed it vs. SF. got burned a play later cus they rolled the dice and ran it again to ice the game

    spitler is in greater danger here but if all these LB'S show, then yes, trusnik gone but we just resigned him. doubt he goes anywhere.

    FA: Dmitiri Patterson (Vet min.w/ incentives)
    1. Zach Martin OT
    2. Bishop Sankey RB
    3. Brandon Thomas G/T
    4. Max Bullough ILB
    5. Crockett Gilmore TE
    6. Brandon Linder G/T
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    MDFINFAN's Avatar
    Reach for the Stars

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    21,325
    vCash:
    1082
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    They'll need to roll that money forward to 2014 because a lot of the new contracts they signed artificially lowered the 2013 cap numbers at the direct expense of 2014.
    According to overthecap.com for 2014 we have: TOP 51 --
    Base Salary $83,440,055
    Prorated Bonus $17,881,040
    Roster Bonus $971,682
    Workout Bonus $710,000
    Cap Number $103,002,777
    Dead Money $3,575,000
    For a total of $106, 577,777 committed.. If salary cap stays the same, that's 123-106 = 17mil plus left over from this year...
    We could have 20-25 million going into next offseason..not bad with all the signings we did this year. How we structure contracts next year is the key..
    Hopefully we're not shopping as much next year as we did this FA'cy..
    2015 TOP 51 Tot cap: $68,042,596, so the way the contracts were structure this offseason, only gives us problems for 2 years and then we're back in large sums of
    cap depending on what we do next year. Very good job this year.

    http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Te...hins&Year=2014
    Last edited by MDFINFAN; 05-07-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    foozool13's Avatar
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    4,008
    vCash:
    2579
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN View Post
    According to overthecap.com for 2014 we have: TOP 51 --
    Base Salary $83,440,055
    Prorated Bonus $17,881,040
    Roster Bonus $971,682
    Workout Bonus $710,000
    Cap Number $103,002,777
    Dead Money $3,575,000
    For a total of $106, 577,777 committed.. If salary cap stays the same, that's 123-106 = 17mil plus left over from this year...
    We could have 20-25 million going into next offseason..not bad with all the signings we did this year. How we structure contracts next year is the key..
    Hopefully we're not shopping as much next year as we did this FA'cy..
    2015 TOP 51 Tot cap: $68,042,596, so the way the contracts were structure this offseason, only gives us problems for 2 years and then we're back in large sums of
    cap depending on what we do next year. Very good job this year.

    http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Te...hins&Year=2014
    Dont forget to add Dion Jordan to that...Roughly $8.3M based on last years #12 pick Fletcher Cox. That a solid chunk of $. Brings you up to about $115M committed, with $8.5M left + (2013 rollover).

    At the same time I think we roll over roughly $15M from 2013 when its all said and done (injuires, in season signs, waiver wire, etc).
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Travis34's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    5,194
    vCash:
    5230
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    OH I think I will have to disagree with that one. We have some pretty good talent at backup LB this year. I fully expect Clay to make the roster and with Jenkins, Wheeler, Ellerbe, Misi, Kaddu, and even Hinds I think there is too much aggressive young talent that can upgrade the LB core that we are going to see our backups, Spilter, Freeney, and Trusnik gone. We know what their upside is, and I think one of these young guys will be fine on STs.
    I agree 100%.

    Remember that ungodly TD Kaepernick scored on us last year? I bet Jenkins or Clay would've at least had a chance to catch him from their pure athleticism

    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    nick1's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    10,336
    vCash:
    4438
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I may be wrong but you can only roll over about 5 million there is a maximum I believe

    I guess I'm wrong, last year the Seahawks rolled over about 21 million

    The next Miami RB
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 01:40 PM
  2. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 02:21 PM
  3. Scaife and Edwards 1 year 1 Million Deals
    By Lights_Out in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 05:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •