Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miami dolphins floridas first pro sports team.

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    I understand the OP asking why the Dolphins have to move just because they can't compete to host a Superbowl. That's the dream of every owner to host one, second to winning one. My question is this.

Not even looking into the numbers, would it be more cost effective to renovate the stadium or move to another city and build a new stadium? I would think renovating our current stadium, even paying 100% of it, would be easier and more cost effective.

Ask the taxpayer in Oakland who are still paying to bring Oakland back and its likely they move with the taxpayers still on bill
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Everyone needs to remember in this relocation talk is that Ross himself is not moving the team. The talk of relocation is based on what future owners might do if they inherit a team with no lease and a run down stadium. The first thing the new owner will want is to upgrade the stadium or build a new one. If the new owner can't do that in Miami, then it is possibly they could start looking outside Miami. If Ross eventually sells off a team with a renovated stadium, the team won't move.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=Nublar7;1064691485]Everyone needs to remember in this relocation talk is that Ross himself is not moving the team. The talk of relocation is based on what future owners might do if they inherit a team with no lease and a run down stadium. The first thing the new owner will want is to upgrade the stadium or build a new one. If the new owner can't do that in Miami, then it is possibly they could start looking outside Miami. If Ross eventually sells off a team with a renovated stadium, the team won't move.[/QUOTE

Anything is always possible. One reason the dolphins dont have a lease is because well the stadium is the ownership of the owner of the dolphins. Im sure he can trust himself not to screw himself lol.
    Ross can get the renovation deal done he just needs to realize it didnt go his way this time. Alot of this is posturing and false outrage
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so whould Ross want to sell the team?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Everyone needs to remember in this relocation talk is that Ross himself is not moving the team. The talk of relocation is based on what future owners might do if they inherit a team with no lease and a run down stadium. The first thing the new owner will want is to upgrade the stadium or build a new one. If the new owner can't do that in Miami, then it is possibly they could start looking outside Miami. If Ross eventually sells off a team with a renovated stadium, the team won't move.
    Well this is the heart of my earlier question. I'm asking from a new owner's perspective. Whenever we get a new owner, is it more cost effective to buid a new stadium or renovate the current one opposed to a total relocation and new stadium build? It seems on the surface it would be easier and more cost effective for a new owner to keep the Dolphins in Miami even if he has to flip 100% of the cost to upgrade the facilities.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am still waiting to see how bad the stadium actually is. I said in earlier posts that I left Miami the same year Joe Robbie stadium opened. So I have never been inside.
    From the outside it seems just fine.

Compare the condition of the Orange Bowl to Sun Life? I would think Sun Life minus the great close up seats will win hands down. I do remeber the OB and attended Dolphin and Hurricane games there. It was a dump. But it was the Dolphins I went to see. Not the nasty bathrooms.
    They had plenty National Championship games and I am sure we had super bowls in the OB. Whats so wrong with/bad about Sun Life?

"Posturing and False outrage"?

I can assure you it could be the front office doing this, but the outrage is real and is evident on this forum.

Are you a Tampa Bay fan and just tickling our balls here?

You agree with Weatherford and you live in Tampa is all I got to say on that.

And I like Tampa. My mother was born in Ybor city and I spent my summers there, eating crab croquettes. And eating at the Columbia restaurant.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by El Calebra View Post
    I am still waiting to see how bad the stadium actually is. I said in earlier posts that I left Miami the same year Joe Robbie stadium opened. So I have never been inside.
    From the outside it seems just fine.

Compare the condition of the Orange Bowl to Sun Life? I would think Sun Life minus the great close up seats will win hands down. I do remeber the OB and attended Dolphin and Hurricane games there. It was a dump. But it was the Dolphins I went to see. Not the nasty bathrooms.
    They had plenty National Championship games and I am sure we had super bowls in the OB. Whats so wrong with/bad about Sun Life?

"Posturing and False outrage"?

I can assure you it could be the front office doing this, but the outrage is real and is evident on this forum.

Are you a Tampa Bay fan and just tickling our balls here?

You agree with Weatherford and you live in Tampa is all I got to say on that.

And I like Tampa. My mother was born in Ybor city and I spent my summers there, eating crab croquettes. And eating at the Columbia restaurant.
    The argument is not "how bad of a condition the stadium is in" as in walls are falling apart, roof leaks, etc...

Basically, it's about upgrading the stadium in order to compete with the brand new billion dollar stadiums across the league.

A simple side by side comparison of Cowboys Stadium and Sun Life its easy to see why Sun Life stadium stands 0 chance at hosting a Super Bowl.

Nothing wrong with the stadium, it's just not to the "new generation" standards.

For the record, I miss the OB. It was a piece of ****, but it was our piece of ****.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    There is no superbowl rotation in fact we were the only city to receive more than one superbowl in past 10 years Arizona will be the next one with 7 years between superbowls.
    Thats about the best any city can hope for is a superbowl every 8 years and thats probably pushing it. The superbowl has entered a new era and cities are being leveraged to build new stadiums and such.

Tampa
    phonenix
    Houston
    San Francisco
    Atlanta
    Dallas
    New Orleans
    Indy
    Now NY
    Ford Field
    Possibly Minny when its finished

Other cities are interested and alot is hanging on the NY superbowl. The NFL has started using the superbowl as a reward and these cities want to be paid back.
    There is no rotation for superbowl not sure why that keeps being brought up.
    With revenues of 400+ million for the cities that host the superbowl the NFL is basically offsetting the cost of a renovated stadium/new stadium and doing those cities a favor. Once the northern teams are done they won't be in any "rotation" for future super bowls. It has been pretty much restricted to southern cities like San Fran, San Diego, Dallas, Phoenix, Houston, Tampa Bay, New Orleans and Miami until recently. 27 of the 47 super bowls have been hosted in 3 cities, New Orleans has hosted 10 super bowls, Miami 10 super bowls and Los Angeles 7 super bowls. On average Miami used to host a super bowl every 4 years (1968, 1969, 1971, 1976, 1979 in the Orange Bowl...1989, 1995, 1999, 2007, 2010 at Sun Life). With San Fran getting a new stadium, Houston having a new stadium, Arizona's new stadium and renovations done to the Superdome after Hurricane Katrina it will be a long time before the city of Miami gets another super bowl. It's just to difficult to compete against those stadiums and those locations with what we have in place right now.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    It would make the city and the league look bad to lose this team with its tradition (again, see Cleveland Browns). I doubt they will leave Miami.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is just silly.

No one should be comparing apples to oranges with these new stadiums. Sunlife stadium is perfectly fine.

Even if the stadium is renovated or a new one is built, in five years we'll be back here talking about how it doesn't compare with the brand new stadiums. That's how technology goes. Give it five years, and the big screen in the Cowboys stadium will be replaced for an even bigger, more high definitioner holographicer screen. The city of Dallas will be the first city to owe a trillion American dollars all by itself. This is the nature of technology: you cannot future proof your fancy gizmos.

Want a new stadium, Miami Dolphins? Win. Win it all. Go primetime and even the local politicians will see that you need a new home stadium to play in.

For now, focus resources on keeping your fans in attendance comfortable at the game. Shield them from the sun. Keep them feeling cool. Renovate what matters to us, your loyal customers. Miami has always been one of the worst climates to watch an outdoor sport in. Fix that.
    Quote Quote