Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Miami dolphins floridas first pro sports team.

1. -21
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by FishTank View Post
    This is just silly.

No one should be comparing apples to oranges with these new stadiums. Sunlife stadium is perfectly fine.

Even if the stadium is renovated or a new one is built, in five years we'll be back here talking about how it doesn't compare with the brand new stadiums. That's how technology goes. Give it five years, and the big screen in the Cowboys stadium will be replaced for an even bigger, more high definitioner holographicer screen. The city of Dallas will be the first city to owe a trillion American dollars all by itself. This is the nature of technology: you cannot future proof your fancy gizmos.

Want a new stadium, Miami Dolphins? Win. Win it all. Go primetime and even the local politicians will see that you need a new home stadium to play in.

For now, focus resources on keeping your fans in attendance comfortable at the game. Shield them from the sun. Keep them feeling cool. Renovate what matters to us, your loyal customers. Miami has always been one of the worst climates to watch an outdoor sport in. Fix that.
    Not sure if you have seen the proposed renovations but a "roof" is actually part of the upgrades. Along with seating closer to the field.

It's a pure business move, you have a business that generates millions in tax income and general economy for the city and state and hence they are asking for a little help in upgrading the stadium.

One hand washes the other. Help the Dolphins upgrade the stadium, and we will stay around for another 30 years generating tax money through merch sales, ticket sales, hotel stays, restaurants, etc. for the city.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know no one wants to hear this but the Phins and SunLife are in competition. Competition with other facilities, and most importantly, cities w/o an NLF team. The state of FL has effectively said there will never be any public $$$ appropriated for stadium upgrades. This sends a clear and unmistakable message to a potential new owner ; please feel free to move the team. You have no lease ( Modell had one but broke it moved the Browns anyway) and you wonít be getting a $0.10 from us to stay. If Iím looking to buy an NFL team Miami is #1 on the list. I pay > $1 billion ( based on the Browns sale), there is no lease, and I can move to LA and double my $$$ in under 3 yrs.

Why would any new owner stay in S FL ?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't claim to be an expert on Miami ownership, but I have to think there are some billionaires in South Florida who could buy the team from Ross, upgrade the stadium, and keep the team in town. What about the Heat owner? Arison?
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if a city makes that kind of money to host a Super Bowl i would think every team would need a new stadium not just us
    Quote Quote