Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Dolphins 2014 FA List as of 05/07/2013

1. -1
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player Dolphins 2014 FA List as of 05/07/2013

Here is an early look at our FA next year. I put the players who I believe are starters for us this year in bold. The one name that really sticks out to me is RESHAD JONES. Im sure we will get him back, but at what cost. Another year in this system that revolves around Saftey play, I expect he will get a nice payday.

Chris Clemons S
    Dustin Keller TE
    Armon Binns WR
    Dan Carpenter K
    Nolan Carroll CB
    Tyson Clabo T
    John Denney LS
    Pat Devlin QB
    Jonathan Freeny LB
    Brent Grimes CB
    Richie Incognito G
    John Jerry G
    Reshad Jones S
    Josh Kaddu LB
    Lance Louis G
    Koa Misi LB
    Paul Soliai DT
    Austin Spitler LB
    R.J. Stanford CB
    Randy Starks DT
    Will Yeatman T

To the dismay of most Phins fans, I expect an OT, OG, DT in the first 4 rounds in next years draft.
    Last edited by foozool13; 05-07-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Removed Randy Thomas
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Heheheheheheheh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    whos randy thomas? old guard from redskins?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Birmingham, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How is Kadu one? I thought rookies got 4yr deals
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Go Fins!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SoFlo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow 11 (i included carp just in case) of our potential 22 starters could be free agents next season... kind of scary and kind of exciting
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    Here is an early look at our FA next year. I put the players who I believe are starters for us this year in bold. The one name that really sticks out to me is RESHAD JONES. Im sure we will get him back, but at what cost. Another year in this system that revolves around Saftey play, I expect he will get a nice payday.

Chris Clemons S
    Dustin Keller TE
    Armon Binns WR
    Dan Carpenter K
    Nolan Carroll CB
    Tyson Clabo T
    John Denney LS
    Pat Devlin QB
    Jonathan Freeny LB
    Brent Grimes CB
    Richie Incognito G
    John Jerry G
    Reshad Jones S
    Josh Kaddu LB
    Lance Louis G
    Koa Misi LB
    Paul Soliai DT
    Austin Spitler LB
    R.J. Stanford CB
    Randy Starks DT
    Will Yeatman T
    There are starters on that list, but I don't think we stand to see as much drastic turnover like we did this offseason.

1. Yeatman, Kaddu, Stanford are all restricted free agents that the Dolphins can tender.

2. Freeny, Deviln and Binns are exclusive rights free agents so all they have to do is offer a contract and they will be back in 2014.

3. Dan Carpenter in my opinion will be released during the preseason and Sturgis will take over as the kicker.

4. Free agents like Spitler, Denney and Carroll will likely be pretty easy to re-sign if they want them back.

5. So that leaves Starks, Soliai, Misi, Louis, Jones, Jerry, Incognito, Grimes, Clabo and Keller.

I would have to think the Dolphins will make a multi-year commitment to either Randy Starks or Paul Soliai this summer or right after this season. If they lose one of those defensive tackles, they will probably swing Odrick inside to take over.

Whether or not they re-sign Misi is if he takes the next step this season. I don't know if he would demand a big contract or not next year, but they did draft an insurance policy in Jenkins in case he does leave.

Both Jerry and Louis have a lot to prove this year. Jerry needs to continue to keep his weight under control and continue to play better. While Louis has to be able to recover from his injury. I assume the loser of the RG competition you can scratch off the list of players the team might re-sign next offseason. Either guy should be able to have back at a reasonable price if they want.

I think Incognito is playing his last season in Miami. I truly believe that Dallas Thomas is his 2014 replacement.

Clabo in my opinion is just a one year rental and they will address the tackle situation again in either free agency or the draft.

Grimes depends on how healthy he is this season. If he never fully recovers or struggles, the team might not even want to re-sign him next offseason. If he plays at a Pro Bowl level again, he could be tough to re-sign. Miami though does have two young corners in Taylor and Davis waiting in the wings.

Keller probably wouldn't be real expensive in free agency, but it depends on how he plays and how guys like Sims, Clay and Egnew(yes, Egnew) continue to develop.

Jones will be probably the toughest one of all of them to re-sign. Hopefully they can get him taken care of before the season starts. He could be a franchise tag contender next year.

There are a lot of free agents and there will be less money to spend next year, but I don't think we are in that bad of shape going into next year.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nub you are the Man.
    do you work for the team?
    i love your posts and you have a way with putting words together
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Dolphins 2014 FA List as of 05/07/2013

Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post

Chris Clemons S
    Dustin Keller TE
    Armon Binns WR
    Dan Carpenter K
    Nolan Carroll CB
    Tyson Clabo T
    John Denney LS
    Pat Devlin QB
    Jonathan Freeny LB
    Brent Grimes CB
    Richie Incognito G
    John Jerry G
    Reshad Jones S
    Josh Kaddu LB
    Lance Louis G
    Koa Misi LB
    Paul Soliai DT
    Austin Spitler LB
    R.J. Stanford CB
    Randy Starks DT
    Will Yeatman T

To the dismay of most Phins fans, I expect an OT, OG, DT in the first 4 rounds in next years draft.
    There is nothing wrong with drafting dt's and ot's high.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by allsilverdreams View Post
    Nub you are the Man.
    do you work for the team?
    i love your posts and you have a way with putting words together
    Thanks, and no I don't work for them. I wish, but I doubt they would give me a satellite office up here in Pennsylvania.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    There is nothing wrong with drafting dt's and ot's high.
    Yup...only the ball watcher's did not understand that. There are at least two elite LT's coming out next year. If Martin doesn't step-up hopefully da Phinz can pick one of them :-)
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We hear poster's throwing around terms like "cap hell" regarding next year, and that's really a severe over reaction to our cap situation next year. It really isn't a whole lot different than this year. We'll have a good chunk of money to work with, and a number of players to make decisions on. A little less money than this year, but also fewer hyper expensive players at positions that will be really expensive to either re-sign a guy or pick up somebody on the market. And of course how the players from last years and this years draft develop will greatly effect where we will spend the money. If Martin shows out at LT, taking care of RT long term isn't all that hard. If he struggles you might be having to sign a RT and a LT. The only thing that would really worry me regarding the cap would be a run of injuries or serious underperforming by our cap heavy players, but that's the case every year. See Jake Longs performance vs. investment the last two years for proof.
    Quote Quote