Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Will Ross Pay The Difference To Renovate The Stadium?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

24 27.27%
  • no

64 72.73%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Ross Pay The Difference?

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    As a billionaire he'e already made it so I guess it's not a dream. Maybe a desire.

He OWNS his own team. Dude gets what he wants.

Well maybe not Manning or Harbough but usually
    well he didnt get the vote to go his way lol
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The secret to success is, in my experience, refusing to give up when faced with setbacks. Love him, hate him, or just feel indifferent about him, I think we would agree that to get to where he has in life, Ross has probably been persistent when things didn't go his way at first. And that's why I think a lot of what's being thrown out now is just Steve Ross venting his frustration. I'm sure they will try again next year, or the year after, once the sting has lessened.

It's funny, Ross is worth 4+ billion and yet right now he really reminds me of a small business owner. Most small business guys really wear their hearts on their sleeves and aren't afraid to make a fool of themselves to get a point across or make their feelings known. When he bought the team I had him pegged as the boardroom type. Totally wrong on that count.

Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    The secret to success is, in my experience, refusing to give up when faced with setbacks. Love him, hate him, or just feel indifferent about him, I think we would agree that to get to where he has in life, Ross has probably been persistent when things didn't go his way at first. And that's why I think a lot of what's being thrown out now is just Steve Ross venting his frustration. I'm sure they will try again next year, or the year after, once the sting has lessened.

It's funny, Ross is worth 4+ billion and yet right now he really reminds me of a small business owner. Most small business guys really wear their hearts on their sleeves and aren't afraid to make a fool of themselves to get a point across or make their feelings known. When he bought the team I had him pegged as the boardroom type. Totally wrong on that count.
    I dont know it would just seem he would know the political system better and would choose his words better. Alot of strange things coming out though Weather said Marino mainly talked about Autism
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Nope and I wouldn't in his position either.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgetown, Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So Ross was going to pay 70% and the Miami area was going to pay 30% (when collected thru taxes) to improve the stadium,thus creating jobs, and stabilize the organization ? And they wouldn't bring
    it up for a vote...after being approved by the people ? That is sad.
    "I'll read anything Dolphin, even the crap Omar writes"
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboynemo View Post
    So Ross was going to pay 70% and the Miami area was going to pay 30% (when collected thru taxes) to improve the stadium,thus creating jobs, and stabilize the organization ? And they wouldn't bring
    What got approved by the people. The 30 percent number seems quite shady the more u explore. 7.5 million per year at minimum 30 years and 90 million more in tax rebates
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Perhaps I'm not completely right about this. From what I understand they were going to drop the 3 million a year in tax rebates (from things only bought in sun-life stadium). The only thing going on at this point was the 1 penny increase in the bed tax (which only effects tourists - like me) Despite what some seem to think if there wasn't enough money with the bed tax increase the extra money WOULD NOT have come from tax payers in Miami. If the bed tax was supposed to provide say 8 million a year, but the extra penny (because of slow tourism, ect) only made 7 million, the Dolphins would have to suffer.

While I don't live in Miami, I was totally against the deal at first. Eventually as Miami and Dolphins started haggling it reached a point in which I thought it was an extremely good deal. Considering this really wasn't 'welfare' like people seem to think. The money would have been payed back after 30 years (granted no inflation included) and if the Dolphins didn't get a certain number of super bowls, championship games, soccer games, ect they could have potentially payed 120 million in fines.

I really don't understand why people had a problem with this. The money sun-life stadium would have made the community over the 30 years would have been far greater (with the big events) then 120 million.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    It would be a capitol expense so he could amortize it over the next 10 years

1. A tax deduction for the gradual consumption of the value of an asset, especially an intangible asset. For example, if a company spends $1 million on a patent that expires in 10 years, it amortizes the expense by deducting $100,000 from its taxable income over the course of 10 years. It is often used interchangeably with depreciation, which technically refers to the same thing for tangible assets.

It would end up costing him little. I think he just might do it.
    more or less , a Tax wite off .

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    I don't think he will. I think at this point, fans don't want to pay to paint a pig. Might as well start a movement for a new stadium. at least as far as that is concerned it'll bring real excitement.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboynemo View Post
    None of this was approved by the people this was all in senate then house. the biggest drawback seemed to be about 450 million dolars in state tax money that was being attached to sports franchises over next 30 years
    Quote Quote