Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cool article on position by position upgrade or decline?

1. -11
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jamar Taylor is an upgrade over Nolan Carroll, unless he is a complete bust.
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The article is crap. To be fair, Sean Smith is hated on WAY TOO HARD by this message board. He isn't some elite CB but he is an elite #2 and borderline #1 CB but is looked at as trash by most of the people on this board. This has nothing to do with my opinion on Grimes, but people who think Sean Smith was so bad are doing a pretty bad job at evaluating our talent and defense.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the chick on the right is an upgrade on the chick on the left. And the chick on the left is Pro Bowler!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm a bit of an optimist, so I see the rationale that young players will be better than last season (and we had one of the very youngest lineups in the league last year). But, to call it an upgrade on almost every returning player seems to be overly optimistic. Yes, there is a progression and expected improvements from young players, but it's not really an upgrade. Also, discounting blocking from the TE means you really need to compare them to the WR's, which means Keller isn't fast, he's average speed if he's simply a WR masquerading as a TE. I can't call that an upgrade. Overall we improved, but the pictures isn't quite as rosy as the author paints it.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sun Sentinel Sports Journalism 2013-2014

Upgrade, Even or Decline?

I think we all know the answer to that one (or maybe there is no further decline possible from rock bottom?...)
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Münchweiler, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post
    [...]And he as Jordan as an upgrade over Odrick? I don't care for Odrick, but to say a guy that has never played a down is an upgrade is a load of crap. [...]
    So you did not consider Andrew Luck an upgrade over Curtis Painter this time last year?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    So you did not consider Andrew Luck an upgrade over Curtis Painter this time last year?
    big difference though. we dont even know what position Jordan is going to play
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post
    The article is crap. How can you consider Incognito and upgrade on himself? Really? Same with Pouncey. I guess this guy considers Starks and upgrade over Starks, and Clemons and upgrade over Clemons etc.

This tool considers Grimes to be downgrade from Smith...complete idiot!

He considers Jerry to still be a starter...doubtful.

And he as Jordan as an upgrade over Odrick? I don't care for Odrick, but to say a guy that has never played a down is an upgrade is a load of crap. It may take a year or two for Jordan to do jack ****!

Also, you can't consider Wallace an upgrade over Hartline, and then consider Hartline an upgrade over anyone. If Hartline is still here, you consider Wallace and upgrade over the nobodies...You don't get two upgrades by adding one player. It's nonsense.

This whole article is complete crap. The fact someone gets paid for this is a joke!!!!
    I agree with everything you wrote except the highlighted area. Bringing in Wallace does actually upgrade two WR positions. Hartline was the #1 last year with either Bess, Nanee, Marshall or someone else playering the #2. Now with Wallace who is a definite #1 and upgrade to Hartline, he actally moves Hartline to the full time # 2 receiver which is a definite upgrade of those players previously mentioned. Hell I would definitely even consider Gibson an upgrade over Bess at the #3. He bigger, slightly faster and has shown he can find this endzone. All this while more than likely having to assume the #1 WR role in St. Louis when Amendola got hurt, and more than likely have the opposing D's best corner on him.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    big difference though. we dont even know what position Jordan is going to play
    This question has had me thinking quite alot lately. Do you think with Jordan they could play more 5-2 fronts? A DL of Jordan, Odrick, Solia, Starks, and Wake could be pretty menacing with Ellerbe and Wheeler cleaning up the mess. I think they could come up with some crazy zone/blitz schemes. It would also give Jordan the opportunity to drop into coverage on a TE as well as rush the QB. Heck I could even see Jordan taking Misi's spot as an OLB in the 4-3when they play teams like the Patsies who utilize the TE so frequently. It's gonna be fun to watch his progression.
    Quote Quote