Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Dee not closing door on pursuing tax dollars again for renovations

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archer101 View Post
    In the interview with Omar Kelly, I think State senator Oscar Braynon said that every major league team takes advantage of the sales tax exemption already, and that the Dolphins never applied for themselves - it was the Marlins that applied to get the stadium converted to baseball, although I assume that the ongoing benefit applies to the stadium still. Seems to me that a bed tax for tourists is fairer than Tampa increasing local taxes for everyone, or Jacksonville taking on a large city loan.

All I am saying is that if all the other teams got public money, the Dolphins are going to have to get it sooner or later.
    Actually robbie had baseball in mind when he built stadium which was fairly forward thinking. Actually Huzinega bout control of Joe Robbie Stadium so it wasnt Marlins it was the actual stadium owner who was one in same.
    We will be getting tax rebates for the work done for baseball until 2023.

As for rebates the Bucs get the same tax rebate the dolphisn get for building the new stadium.
    2 million dollars. if Oscar branyon said this he is wrong.

this is a list of teams that gett he rebates

Here are the eight teams in Florida receiving the $2 million annual tax rebate:

Facility name Certified entity Franchise First Payment Final Payment Total payments to date
    Sun Life Stadium Dolphins Stadium/ South Florida Stadium
    Florida (Miami) Marlins 06/94 06/2023 $39,166,745
    Everbank Field City of Jacksonville Jacksonville Jaguars
    06/94 05/2024 $37,333,408
    Tropicana Field City of St. Petersburg Tampa Bay Rays
    06/95 06/2025 $35,166,737
    Tampa Bay Times Forum Tampa Sports Authority
    Tampa Bay Lightning
    09/95 08/2025 $34,833,403
    BB&T Center Broward County Florida Panthers

08/96 07/2026 $33,000,066
    Raymond James Stadium Hillsborough County Tampa Bay Buccaneers

01/97 12/2026 $32,166,731
    American Airlines Arena
    BPL, LTD Miami Heat 03/98 03/2028 $29,666,726
    Amway Center City of Orlando Orlando Magic 02/08 01/2038

well let me rephrase technically because they were playing in Joe robbie it was due to renovation to accomodate MArlins but the dolphins are the recipient of the rebate as owner of the stadium. Huzienga owned the stadium at this time.

Plus, the Miami Dolphins want $3 million a year in tax breaks for the next 30 years for renovations at Sun Life Stadium. The team also gets that $2 million annual tax rebate.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    when south florida doesn't get a superbowl for 3 or 4 years the state will come back to the Dolphins asking for their stadium.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    when south florida doesn't get a superbowl for 3 or 4 years the state will come back to the Dolphins asking for their stadium.
    Maybe but I doubt it. The NFL is going to make sure to punish Miami for not bending over I do believe. I think Ross and Co will clear their heads and resubmit next session .
    The local area is going to have to be the delegation and after the mayor getting recalled I dont see anyone leading the fight without a push from dolphins.
    The bucs will probably get another superbowl soon well after they are told to improve something.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archer101 View Post
    In the interview with Omar Kelly, I think State senator Oscar Braynon said that every major league team takes advantage of the sales tax exemption already, and that the Dolphins never applied for themselves - it was the Marlins that applied to get the stadium converted to baseball, although I assume that the ongoing benefit applies to the stadium still. Seems to me that a bed tax for tourists is fairer than Tampa increasing local taxes for everyone, or Jacksonville taking on a large city loan.

All I am saying is that if all the other teams got public money, the Dolphins are going to have to get it sooner or later.
    As others have pointed out, the Dolphins have already gotten their public money for stadium renovation.

All I am saying is it is very unwise to publically demonize the one person who has the ability to single-handely kill your bill. It would help for them to understand the real rules of the game before they try to play. So far they've been nothing but a bunch of rank amateurs in the way they have approached this.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    As others have pointed out, the Dolphins have already gotten their public money for stadium renovation.

All I am saying is it is very unwise to publically demonize the one person who has the ability to single-handely kill your bill. It would help for them to understand the real rules of the game before they try to play. So far they've been nothing but a bunch of rank amateurs in the way they have approached this.
    well accoriding to weatherford the county reps are the ones quite divided. we have no clue how they feel except for the ones that have spoken out.
    im curious how not one poll was taken recently to see what support the referendum actually had
    Quote Quote