Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: With hindsight, how would you have handled FA & Draft?

1. -11
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    I disagree. I think one year deals makes sense, because if you sign them to a two year deal, it's almost certainly going to have a huge hit on the cap in the second year, next year which we've already got several salaries ballooning in 2014. No you sign them to a prove it deal, and next year they get to try the market or sign a long term deal with a team they believe in. then you got them cheap in 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfinfan1 View Post
    Would have signed Clabo, Grimes and Keller on 2 year deals, think they are all good solid players and would want to keep the around, cap permitting. Very happy with the draft but maybe a receiver in the 4th would have been good. Would have balanced Wallace's contract so there is more of a hit this year, although not sure it actually matters with being able to carry cap space over, does it? Clearly Ireland and Philbin's aim is for all these drafted guys this year and last to eventually start and so provide us with more room against the cap if we don't need the Carpenters, Incogs, Pattersons of this world.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    I like one year deals for older playesr or those coming off injuries. You draft rookies to take their place . If they do that's great . If they don't resign the player for another year or two.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    would have passed on wheeler... that's about it, im okay with Gibson over bess.. same difference.. average player.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would have tried to somehow land Tyler Eifert. I think he will be a great one. Oh well, you can't get everything. I think it's been a great offseason. We'll be alot of fun to watch on both sides of the ball. I'm really looking forward to it!!!!!!!! Epic job by Ireland and staff. Let's not forget Philbins' input along with Coyle and Sherman.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BSQ View Post
    I would have tried to somehow land Tyler Eifert. I think he will be a great one. Oh well, you can't get everything. I think it's been a great offseason. We'll be alot of fun to watch on both sides of the ball. I'm really looking forward to it!!!!!!!! Epic job by Ireland and staff. Let's not forget Philbins' input along with Coyle and Sherman.
    I love the prospects of Dion Jordan, but Tyler Eifert would've been a god in Miami in this offense. Cincy got a bad ass tight end, and now have a formidable offense.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would have prefered drafting another receiver and would have not signed Brandon Gibson. Still think Gibson should have to fight for the #3, 4 or 5 spot.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I disagree. I think one year deals makes sense, because if you sign them to a two year deal, it's almost certainly going to have a huge hit on the cap in the second year, next year which we've already got several salaries ballooning in 2014. No you sign them to a prove it deal, and next year they get to try the market or sign a long term deal with a team they believe in. then you got them cheap in 2014.
    I guess it comes down to the money, I'm thinking/hoping the two year deal would have the same average money per year as a one year deal, with relatively little guaranteed in the 2nd year, just would rather have a bit more continuity given how many contracts we have expiring next year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm delighted with the offseason, just differ from Ireland on one it two things.

Love the upside of Jordan. Guy is a freakish athlete. That sport science vid of him and the fact he only has something like 4% body fat is unbelievable!

I was massive fan of Taylor before draft too. The only knocking can find on him in scoring reports is that he is not the best press corner. In this system he will not be asked to do that.

If Wallace gets near 10 TDS, Martin holds up, Miller gets over 1000 YDS, together with Jordan & Taylor contributing significantly, this will be an outstanding offseason!
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only big head scratcher for me is Phillip Wheeler. Especially considering that Kevin Burnett played pretty damn well last season, all things considered.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kevin Burnet was a big liability in coverage and in space. We must have been watching different games because it seemed to me every opponent picked on Burnett down the middle of the field. You would always see him chasing the TE who caught the ball.
    Quote Quote