Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coaching- ForBetter or Worse?

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Philbin was coaching mostly Sparano players last year, he, Sherman and Coyle struggled to run their systems. now they have the more of guys they want. what's amazing is that they jettisoned so many big-role players from last year yet improved the overall team at the same time.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pocahontas, IA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Loving what the coaches are doing. Yeah, it was a little rough the first year, but all new coaches and a rookie QB. Now we have one of the most promising young quarterbacks in the league, deep at running back, one of the best receiving corps out there. Don't forget about the stacked D-line, linebackers, and young secondary. This team is really looking up and I'm excited for the future.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    After one season cannot make a judgement on the main coaches.
    The offense still a work in progress, defense still a work in progress and head coach same.
    Didnt see anything out of oc or dc that made me stand up and say their principles were better than the guys they replaced.

I would think that Sherman is an upgrade to Daboll whom I never liked and I think we downgraded from Nolan to Coyle because I think Nolan is one of best DC in league.
    Those are just thoughts though with no evidence concluded from last year
    Agreed on making a judgement. That will take two more years. Just looking at how things developed in year #1. I think throwing for around the same, other than TD's, without Marshall, and with a rookie QB was a good thing.

On D, the play of our safeties was also good, compared to the year before.

As to Philbin, I don't know this for fact but, believe he is a big help in making talent decisions on FA's and the draft, along with Ireland. Nothing has been proven but, I do really like what the team has done in the two past off seasons, with last year's FA building to this one. JMO
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    Philbin was coaching mostly Sparano players last year, he, Sherman and Coyle struggled to run their systems. now they have the more of guys they want. what's amazing is that they jettisoned so many big-role players from last year yet improved the overall team at the same time.
    True story. However, we do get to evaluate what our coaches have done in year #1 with adding talent, and developing new and old players. Overall, I believe they have done well. Most thought we would be lucky to win 4 games. Yet we came a couple of plays from winning 9. That is what counts, and the coaches did well.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by KnifeOfTheDead View Post
    Loving what the coaches are doing. Yeah, it was a little rough the first year, but all new coaches and a rookie QB. Now we have one of the most promising young quarterbacks in the league, deep at running back, one of the best receiving corps out there. Don't forget about the stacked D-line, linebackers, and young secondary. This team is really looking up and I'm excited for the future.
    I'm very excited as well but, our WR's have to go a way to be top ten, and I the DL is no longer stacked with much depth.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We did see improvement from guys that had been around for awhile like Hartline, Jerry and Jones. Most of the rookies improved throughout the season as well but you would expect that.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Daboll was very unpopular but he did well IMO. I think in terms of Offense it is close to even. We started a rookie and had new systems in place. Marshall was gone but Hartline had a breakout year

I think Coyle has done better than Nolan for all that he was cracked up to be.

Both years though the fins lost games that were there to be won, games where we were ahead in the 4th quarter. I think the schemes are now better. This year should be exciting. Plus we get the added bonus of watching the jests implode right from the get go.WE won't have to wait until midseason like we've gotten used to the past few years.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    We did see improvement from guys that had been around for awhile like Hartline, Jerry and Jones. Most of the rookies improved throughout the season as well but you would expect that.
    On the other side, Fasano, Bush, and Bess were not as good, and all are gone.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdrover View Post
    Daboll was very unpopular but he did well IMO. I think in terms of Offense it is close to even. We started a rookie and had new systems in place. Marshall was gone but Hartline had a breakout year

I think Coyle has done better than Nolan for all that he was cracked up to be.

Both years though the fins lost games that were there to be won, games where we were ahead in the 4th quarter. I think the schemes are now better. This year should be exciting. Plus we get the added bonus of watching the jests implode right from the get go.WE won't have to wait until midseason like we've gotten used to the past few years.
    Mostly agree but, believe Hartline's breakout out is coming this year. Last season, he did about the same as the other three but, with more targets and catches.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Mostly agree but, believe Hartline's breakout out is coming this year. Last season, he did about the same as the other three but, with more targets and catches.
    I want to see Hartline get at least 5 TD's this year. He is getting paid way to much for another 1,2,3 TD season
    Quote Quote