Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland Passes The Torch To Philbin & Coaches

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

Ireland Passes The Torch To Philbin & Coaches

No matter what you have thought in the past, no one is questioning what Irish has done this off season. The only question I see is if everything he has done is good or great.

This will be up to Philbin & Co. to see what they will do with the acquired talent, and not on Ireland. IF they do well, he may well be the Exec Of The Year. IF not, he cannot be faulted.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    No matter what you have thought in the past, no one is questioning what Irish has done this off season. The only question I see is if everything he has done is good or great.

This will be up to Philbin & Co. to see what they will do with the acquired talent, and not on Ireland. IF they do well, he may well be the Exec Of The Year. IF not, he cannot be faulted.
    So if these guys all turn out to be the second coming of Egnew it's Philbin's fault??? Give me a break. Philbin has proven over time that he can coach. Ireland has yet to prove that he can be a competent GM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Typical Ireland apologist post. I suppose every other failed FA addition is attributed to a bad coaching staff. Consider opening your mind to look at the big picture of why or why not it failed.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Up and Comer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    PS4 ControllerTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    It will be a callaborative win/fail depending on how these guys fit in. It's not just Ireland or Philbin its the whole organization....jeez.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And this will draw the Ireland haters like a moth to a light. The OP is absolutely right. Ireland went out and acquired a ton of speed and the type of personalities that Philbin wanted to work with. It's in the coaching staff now to make their plan happen
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Up and Comer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    PS4 ControllerTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    I think Ireland has done a tremendous job this offseason and I think Philbin has a track record of developing talent. There is no reason we should be having this conversation other than to stir the pot. The future is bright M*&%Fer's lets not find things to debate about.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Come on Sobe..... what you are really trying to say is... finally he actually made some proactive moves instead of playing it safe so we should commend him for actually stepping up to the plate. However "now its all on philbin and the rest of the staff" and Ireland did his job good or great is so flawed I don't even know where to dissect it from.

I, along with many people on the site, like some of his moves, and hate some of them from this offseason.... but we all pretty much agree that at least he attempted to make the moves. It falls in line with the sentiment I had last year before the draft which was, Im not totally sold on Ryan Tannehil (at 8)... but bottom line is we NEED to take a shot on a QB... if he fails, in 2 years we try it again.

So good for Ireland for finally "acting like a competent GM"... but lets wait and see. If we bomb this season, its not all on the coaches, lets wait and see how everything unfolds and then fairly lay the blame where it belongs... OR hopefully give praise to where it belongs
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins_of_Fury View Post
    I think Ireland has done a tremendous job this offseason and I think Philbin has a track record of developing talent. There is no reason we should be having this conversation other than to stir the pot. The future is bright M*&%Fer's lets not find things to debate about.
    Well said man. I congratulate you on throwing water on this self started fire lmao. I don't see the need to bash Ireland or Philbin.
    I do agree with the OP partly though, in the sense that the GM went out and acquired talent, now it's up to the coaches to develop it and win games.
    I think most of us are pretty optimistic at our chances this year anyways, so don't really see why we gotta start the blame game before the games even started.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    St. Patrick fans only get to party once per year.
    Quote Quote