Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 101

Thread: Ireland Passes The Torch To Philbin & Coaches

  1. -21
    SANDBILLY's Avatar
    vinyl junkie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    112
    vCash:
    1233
    Loc:
    canton nc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You have no idea whats going on here. This is special. I've seen this before. 1970 when Shula got here. It's for real.For the fans with an open mind,
    sit back and enjoy the ride. The Debbie downers can wallow in misery. Don't care. Sometimes you don't know what you got till it's got till it's gone.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    4,459
    vCash:
    13402
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tworings View Post
    Why the hate? Ireland did well this off season. Give credit when credit is due. We all trashed him the last few years, this year he did the best he can.
    You can't have it both ways.
    Yes you can have it both ways, look no further than the teams that are contending for superbowls. If we're not contending for superbowls then Ireland didn't do his job. PERIOD.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,137
    vCash:
    31469
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    WOW!!! Absolutely Fascinating replies by some. I put this up as a statement of fact, as something very positive, and something to be excited about going into this year. BUT, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! (as per SNL's John Beluchi). Instead of agreeing on something good happening, which most have already posted, let's BITCH & MOAN and make this a negative thread. LOL

    Let's take a closer look at what posters from this forum wanted coming into this off season, and what Ireland did:

    Need for a #1 WR- Wallace, Done.

    Need for a pass catching TE- Keller, Done.

    Need for a blocking TE- Sims, should be Done.

    Need at OT- Split opinion on Long and Albert, get a top 5 RT in Clabo instead, Done.

    Need for OG options- Lewis and Murply, Done.

    Need for a 3rd WR- Gibson, Done.

    Need to keep the DL together- Starks, Done.

    Need for another pass rusher- Jordan, Done.

    Needs at CB- Grimes and two very talented rookies, Done.

    Need for a kicker- Sturgis, Done.

    Need to keep the salary cap in line- Done.

    What the hell more were some looking for? For the first time I can recall, our team has no Glaring needs at any position, and some talented young guys looking to take over for some high priced others. Ireland hands off this talent to our coaches, which is the what every team does. They have to develop, and fit the talent (which they had say in bringing in). IMO, Ireland deserves some credit for what he has done.

    BUT, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Let's not focus on the present and future. Instead, let's live in the past, and complain. AMAZING!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,137
    vCash:
    31469
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    So if these guys all turn out to be the second coming of Egnew it's Philbin's fault??? Give me a break. Philbin has proven over time that he can coach. Ireland has yet to prove that he can be a competent GM.
    As a 1st year HC, Philbin has proven nothing. I believe he will, and this is his opportunity. If ya wanna use proven as an OC, Cam did a better job before he came here as HC. This is not a knock on Philbin, as I do believe.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,137
    vCash:
    31469
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Typical Ireland apologist post. I suppose every other failed FA addition is attributed to a bad coaching staff. Consider opening your mind to look at the big picture of why or why not it failed.
    Living in the past is a sad thing to do but, enlighten me?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,061
    vCash:
    1994
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Why would there be no questioning whatsoever of what Jeff Ireland has done this off season?

    He gave a $60 million contract to a number one receiver whose production and efficiency has declined since he started being treated like a number one receiver. He gave a $30 million contract to Brian Hartline. He took two linebackers who were performing well and swapped them for two linebackers who are relative unknowns in this system, both of whom it may be argued are weaker in coverage than the guys they replace. He replaced Jake Long with Tyson Clabo which puts the weakest offensive lineman from a year ago on the left side to protect the franchise's blind side. He let an important nickel defensive tackle walk and didn't replace him. He let our best corner from a year ago walk and replaced him with a guy coming off an Achilles tear, who still can't participate in off season activities. He replaced Davone Bess with Brandon Gibson, which is a downgrade. He let the offense's most consistent touchdown- and big play-maker walk and replaced him with a 5th round rookie. Actually between Reggie Bush and Anthony Fasano, he subbed out 13 touchdowns from last year for a 5th round rookie tailback and a guy that scored 2 touchdowns last year (Keller).

    That's not the ONLY side of the coin obviously. He increased our pass rush presence significantly with Dion Jordan. It may come at a heavy price but Wallace's presence increases our wide receiver unit's efficacy quite a bit. The depth at linebacker and corner is better than a year ago, as is the depth on the offensive line. But looming over this is the potential for having downgraded the tailbacks, the tackles, the linebackers and quite possibly the tight ends.

    To pretend that what he's done this off season is "unquestionable" is just plain foolish, IMO. There are no victory flags to wave yet when not a single game has been played. There are no "Mission Accomplished" banners to laughably hang on aircraft carriers.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,055
    vCash:
    7029
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Well I agree with CK.

    Except the Wallace thing, 2011 he was a top 5 WR, that year he was almost unstoppable, and was the #1 on the steelers.



    SAMMY WATKINS IS THE BEST WR IN THE COUNTRY & FUTURE MIAMI DOLPHIN!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,137
    vCash:
    31469
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Why would there be no questioning whatsoever of what Jeff Ireland has done this off season?

    He gave a $60 million contract to a number one receiver whose production and efficiency has declined since he started being treated like a number one receiver. He gave a $30 million contract to Brian Hartline. He took two linebackers who were performing well and swapped them for two linebackers who are relative unknowns in this system, both of whom it may be argued are weaker in coverage than the guys they replace. He replaced Jake Long with Tyson Clabo which puts the weakest offensive lineman from a year ago on the left side to protect the franchise's blind side. He let an important nickel defensive tackle walk and didn't replace him. He let our best corner from a year ago walk and replaced him with a guy coming off an Achilles tear, who still can't participate in off season activities. He replaced Davone Bess with Brandon Gibson, which is a downgrade. He let the offense's most consistent touchdown- and big play-maker walk and replaced him with a 5th round rookie. Actually between Reggie Bush and Anthony Fasano, he subbed out 13 touchdowns from last year for a 5th round rookie tailback and a guy that scored 2 touchdowns last year (Keller).

    That's not the ONLY side of the coin obviously. He increased our pass rush presence significantly with Dion Jordan. It may come at a heavy price but Wallace's presence increases our wide receiver unit's efficacy quite a bit. The depth at linebacker and corner is better than a year ago, as is the depth on the offensive line. But looming over this is the potential for having downgraded the tailbacks, the tackles, the linebackers and quite possibly the tight ends.

    To pretend that what he's done this off season is "unquestionable" is just plain foolish, IMO. There are no victory flags to wave yet when not a single game has been played. There are no "Mission Accomplished" banners to laughably hang on aircraft carriers.
    So,are you saying that Ireland did not do well this off season? What different would you have done?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,137
    vCash:
    31469
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Well I agree with CK.

    Except the Wallace thing, 2011 he was a top 5 WR, that year he was almost unstoppable, and was the #1 on the steelers.
    If you agree, same question. What would you have done differently than Ireland this past off season?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,467
    vCash:
    8126
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Living in the past is a sad thing to do but, enlighten me?
    Sobe, you are normally spot on with your analysis but this is ridiculous. You are already making a built in excuse for Ireland and placing any failure on Philbin. Ireland is just as responsible if the signings dont work out and he should be held accountable, as Philbin should be.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Philbin is a coach amongst coaches
    By JRoX85 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-16-2012, 11:33 PM
  2. ireland and philbin vid
    By sinPHIN in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 12:58 AM
  3. Joe Philbin Passes his First Test as Head Coach
    By Hayden Fox in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 03:14 PM
  4. If we get Joe philbin- what coaches would he bring?
    By felipen123 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 10:09 PM
  5. Beyoncé Passes The Torch To Sister Solange
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 09:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •