Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland Passes The Torch To Philbin & Coaches

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Sobe, you are normally spot on with your analysis but this is ridiculous. You are already making a built in excuse for Ireland and placing any failure on Philbin. Ireland is just as responsible if the signings dont work out and he should be held accountable, as Philbin should be.
    Thanks MD. I thought I was putting up a little feel good thread, where posters would say that Ireland has done well, and Philbin and his coaches will do a VG job in developing, and making these players work to the benefit of all Phans, as this is what I believe.

Boy, was I wrong. I never thought it would bring the negative nonsense it has. IMO, Ireland has done a fine job, and it's now up to Philbin and his coaches to continue it, as things should be.

Ireland, with the help of Philbin and his coaches, brought in the talent, and has nothing to do with where it goes from here. That will come down to coaching. Common sense will dictate that.

I am really at a loss on some of the posts. Does not compute.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trying to FORCE people to agree with an opinion is never going to result in a positive response.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Trying to FORCE people to agree with an opinion is never going to result in a positive response.
    I'm not forcing anything, just asking for what should have been done differently, which has not been posted.

IMO, If you do not agree with something, you have to give another option. Yes?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Works well for Fox News....just saying
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy42jack0 View Post
    Works well for Fox News....just saying
    Fox News is the only News organization that told the truth about Benghazi. And other high crimes -- ongoing, as we speak.

What this Obama administration has done with Benghazi would be enough to impeach any president not named Obama.... What came out in congressional hearings this week is unconscionable. Unimaginable, that a U.S. President would repeatedly lie to an American public about ordering U.S. Forces to stand down in the face of terror, consigning U.S. citizens to death, and then lying to the American people about it being about a crappy Youtube video, lol. If even a fraction of the truth were known by the American people, Obama wouldn't have sniffed reelection.. BUT all major News organizations chose not to report the truth, intentionally covering up what happened, parroting the administration lie. Cheerleaders, not news reporters. Only one organization told the truth: FOXNews.

Benghazi is criminal. Not to mention the billions of taxpayer dollars funneled to cronies. High crimes in office. We need more News organizations to actually fill the role of truth-tellers, speaking TRUTH to power, not deceiving this country...

Of course, people cutting on FoxNews are probably the same people who DON'T WANT to know the truth about Obama or Benghazi or about the hundred of billions of taxpayer dollars slushed off to cronies...

Tell the truth. Free the minds of the American People!

LD
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    Fox News is the only News organization that told the truth about Benghazi. And other high crimes -- ongoing, as we speak.

What this Obama administration has done with Benghazi would be enough to impeach any president not named Obama.... What came out in congressional hearings this week is unconscionable. Unimaginable, that a U.S. President would repeatedly lie to an American public about ordering U.S. Forces to stand down in the face of terror, consigning U.S. citizens to death, and then lying to the American people about it being about a crappy Youtube video, lol. If even a fraction of the truth were known by the American people, Obama wouldn't have sniffed reelection.. BUT all major News organizations chose not to report the truth, intentionally covering up what happened, parroting the administration lie. Cheerleaders, not news reporters. Only one organization told the truth: FOXNews.

Benghazi is criminal. Not to mention the billions of taxpayer dollars funneled to cronies. High crimes in office. We need more News organizations to actually fill the role of truth-tellers, speaking TRUTH to power, not deceiving this country...

Of course, people cutting on FoxNews are probably the same people who DON'T WANT to know the truth about Obama or Benghazi or about the hundred of billions of taxpayer dollars slushed off to cronies...

LD
    GODDAMNIT!!! And here I thought I was the one stirring the pot BUT, I was doing it out of boredom for fun. This is waaaay over the line for any footbal forum. JMO.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    No matter what you have thought in the past, no one is questioning what Irish has done this off season. The only question I see is if everything he has done is good or great.

This will be up to Philbin & Co. to see what they will do with the acquired talent, and not on Ireland. IF they do well, he may well be the Exec Of The Year. IF not, he cannot be faulted.
    I agree for the most part. But If Dion Jordan, Jamar Taylor, Jonathan Martin are horrid...that's on Ireland.

What people fail to see is that SINCE HE HAS BEEN HERE...Ireland has fielded GOOD teams. His problem is he couldn't find a Qb with "it", and you CANNOT lack a QB that has "it" in this new NFL and contend. Now, we think we found one. So we are setting our sights on New England and going for the kill...
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not forcing anything, just asking for what should have been done differently, which has not been posted.

IMO, If you do not agree with something, you have to give another option. Yes?
    This claim is not consistent with your original post. Your original post said the following, as a reminder:

No matter what you have thought in the past, no one is questioning what Irish has done this off season. The only question I see is if everything he has done is good or great.

This will be up to Philbin & Co. to see what they will do with the acquired talent, and not on Ireland. IF they do well, he may well be the Exec Of The Year. IF not, he cannot be faulted.
    The above is not soliciting opinions on whether Jeff Ireland did a good job on the off season. It is not soliciting ways in which he could have done better. It is forcing the opinion on everyone that Jeff Ireland had a successful off season, and the only thing up for debate is (in your own words) whether it was "good" or "great". It was accompanied by a claim that if the Dolphins don't succeed, it will be Joe Philbin's fault.

You can try and disguise all this as innocently as you want. It was what it was, and it's no wonder it was met with such an overwhelmingly negative response.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

I don't think so.
    Coaching doesn't do miracles, it only supplements and refines what's already there.

EDIT:
    I have maintained that if we don't get marginally close to the playoffs, Ireland will NOT be kept, regardless of this offseason's praise. I think Philbin and his staff did the best they could with their talent-depleted roster last year. A roster embarrassingly fielded by the same Jeff Ireland we're now praising.

I'm not tryin to be an Ireland-hater -- I'm just saying, I wouldn't give up the keys willy-nilly to a guy who gets it right 1 time (when his back's against the wall)
    Last edited by whizafriz; 05-11-2013 at 12:22 AM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post

LD
    Fox News is a ****ing joke that every now and then stumbles upon legitimate criticism.

I had pretty much assumed 100% of the populace was well aware of this by now. I guess I was wrong.

Fox News is the worst thing to happen to conservative politics since...

Nope. Can't think of anything. It's the worst thing to ever happen to conservative politics.
    Quote Quote