Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland Passes The Torch To Philbin & Coaches

1. -41
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Fox News is a ****ing joke that every now and then stumbles upon legitimate criticism.

I had pretty much assumed 100% of the populace was well aware of this by now. I guess I was wrong.

Fox News is the worst thing to happen to conservative politics since...

Nope. Can't think of anything. It's the worst thing to ever happen to conservative politics.
    That's an assumption fit for... Fox News.

You wouldn't believe some of the **** gets shoveled in the PoFo. The Fox News bots aren't even the worst ones. The people who post **** from infowars as if it's a legitimate source, on the other hand....
    I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will say this, though. Fox News has been an absolutely brilliant messaging machine. No doubt about it. Brilliant. It's only just now starting to fall apart as the Republican Party has split in half, but their brand anti-elitism victimhood combined with dog whistle racism, paranoia and convenient amnesia has been unbelievable and terrifying to watch, sort of a book bonfire on steroids.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    GODDAMNIT!!! And here I thought I was the one stirring the pot BUT, I was doing it out of boredom for fun. This is waaaay over the line for any footbal forum. JMO.
    It's not over the line on this site. Right wing diatribe is allowed to stand in this forum. Repeatedly. Same handful of posters. Meanwhile, I got warned for a post that wasn't 5% as forceful or opinionated. But it was in the other direction. All I said was voter fraud was a myth compared to voter suppression.

The scary aspect is the administrators don't recognize how imbalanced they are, allowing the post in this thread to sit there hour after hour. There's probably a frenzy among the right wing posters to immediately alert on anything they consider mildly objectionable.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    It's a conspiracy!

I can see them now... diving into their Eisenhower era bomb shelters and hand cranking an old, but still functional air raid siren.

"Remember the Dolphins Stadium Proposal Thread!!" is the rallying cry

I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brent Grimes: I have never been a free agent. I picked Miami because they are building something great here and I want to be a part of it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    Fox News is the only News organization that told the truth about Benghazi. And other high crimes -- ongoing, as we speak.

What this Obama administration has done with Benghazi would be enough to impeach any president not named Obama.... What came out in congressional hearings this week is unconscionable. Unimaginable, that a U.S. President would repeatedly lie to an American public about ordering U.S. Forces to stand down in the face of terror, consigning U.S. citizens to death, and then lying to the American people about it being about a crappy Youtube video, lol. If even a fraction of the truth were known by the American people, Obama wouldn't have sniffed reelection.. BUT all major News organizations chose not to report the truth, intentionally covering up what happened, parroting the administration lie. Cheerleaders, not news reporters. Only one organization told the truth: FOXNews.

Benghazi is criminal. Not to mention the billions of taxpayer dollars funneled to cronies. High crimes in office. We need more News organizations to actually fill the role of truth-tellers, speaking TRUTH to power, not deceiving this country...

Of course, people cutting on FoxNews are probably the same people who DON'T WANT to know the truth about Obama or Benghazi or about the hundred of billions of taxpayer dollars slushed off to cronies...

Tell the truth. Free the minds of the American People!

LD
    Plenty of political boards out there....
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tworings View Post
    Plenty of political boards out there....
    Agreed. At least take it to the Political Forum here.

I don't know what's worse, the guys posting how much they love Fox News out of the blue, or the guys who clearly forgot to switch into their Democratic Underground forum browser tab before posting.

Somewhere on the Daily Kos or Free Republic right now, I guarantee you there is a guy reading a random post about the Miami Dolphins in a 2016 election thread, wondering what the **** is going on
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    Fox News is the only News organization that told the truth about Benghazi. And other high crimes -- ongoing, as we speak.

What this Obama administration has done with Benghazi would be enough to impeach any president not named Obama.... What came out in congressional hearings this week is unconscionable. Unimaginable, that a U.S. President would repeatedly lie to an American public about ordering U.S. Forces to stand down in the face of terror, consigning U.S. citizens to death, and then lying to the American people about it being about a crappy Youtube video, lol. If even a fraction of the truth were known by the American people, Obama wouldn't have sniffed reelection.. BUT all major News organizations chose not to report the truth, intentionally covering up what happened, parroting the administration lie. Cheerleaders, not news reporters. Only one organization told the truth: FOXNews.

Benghazi is criminal. Not to mention the billions of taxpayer dollars funneled to cronies. High crimes in office. We need more News organizations to actually fill the role of truth-tellers, speaking TRUTH to power, not deceiving this country...

Of course, people cutting on FoxNews are probably the same people who DON'T WANT to know the truth about Obama or Benghazi or about the hundred of billions of taxpayer dollars slushed off to cronies...

Tell the truth. Free the minds of the American People!

LD
    Most definitely not. Now if you are talking out of the nbc/abc/mainstream stuff than maybe, I have no idea.
    I want the truth just as much as the next guy, if not more. I wasn't getting it from the mainstream/major news outlets.

One thing I can say about this world in this day and age, if you want to find the truth, the real truth, you won't get it in a passive way....sitting on a chair and ''watching'' tv.
    At least imo. Finding truth requires a certain degree of active work/searching and critical thinking.
    Not the passive absorption of ''facts'' that you hear somebody on tv say, and then mimic those said ''facts'' as your own to the next guy.

If you look behind the words and all the other **** ppl on tv spew, it's not hard to find rays of truth.
    If you forget what you think you know, and use a little critical thinking, it's not difficult at all imho.

All I would say at the end is, just think for yourself. That's all I would advise when it comes to anything. Question everything that comes across your own brain, search for the truth yourself instead of hoping a guy on tv is going to come and dictate the truth to you word for word.
    That will never happen imo.
    Last edited by sirvmac; 05-11-2013 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    This claim is not consistent with your original post. Your original post said the following, as a reminder:

The above is not soliciting opinions on whether Jeff Ireland did a good job on the off season. It is not soliciting ways in which he could have done better. It is forcing the opinion on everyone that Jeff Ireland had a successful off season, and the only thing up for debate is (in your own words) whether it was "good" or "great". It was accompanied by a claim that if the Dolphins don't succeed, it will be Joe Philbin's fault.

You can try and disguise all this as innocently as you want. It was what it was, and it's no wonder it was met with such an overwhelmingly negative response.
    I stop by this forum almost daily, and I would say that around 90% of poster's posts said that Ireland did a good job this off season. It was not just my opinion. My asking for what he should have been done differently was in reply to your post, as IMO the forum had already spoken.

From what I understand, Philbin and his staff have worked closely with Ireland and his staff in getting players they wanted. Perfect example was Ireland having dinner with Philbin and his coaches before the draft. He asked what player they would want above all others. Their answer was Jordan. He said he would take a shot, and it worked. This was quoted in Jackson's BUZZ at the Herald a while back, and also posted here before.

So, IF Jordan does not work out, after all the coaches said they wanted him more than any other player in the draft, should Ireland be at fault for listening to them or, the coaches?

Let's switch it back to Phans. Does anyone here believe that Ireland did a bad job on the MANY moves he has made this off season? IF so, it will be the first time for me reading it here, although I may have missed some posts.

In the NFL, you acquire talent, which I believe Ireland has done. Then, it developing it, which is up to the coaches. It's been that way since the league started. Not saying every player has to be the right choice, that would be foolish but, coaches have to develop more hits than misses.

It's a bit like what you and your guys do on the draft, which is required reading for Phinatics, and a PHANTASTIC job. You guys are gonna miss on some players, but hit on more than you miss. I'm expecting our coaches to do at least as well.
    Quote Quote