Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ireland Passes The Torch To Philbin & Coaches

1. -61
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    As ck pointed out, these moves all have some questions with them. And to answer your question as to what I would do differently, well that's completely irrelevant. If I agreed with every draft pick and they all bust out, does that mean I can't blame him? It's a ridiculous point. If these moves work out he gets credit. If they don't he gets blame.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, if anything is criticized, in any walk of life, and it is done without a alternative and/or better solution, it is completely irrelevant. Kinda like, well that is wrong but, I don't know of anything better. However, it is still wrong. Makes no sense to me.

Right. So I can't blame a doctor for misdiagnosing me cause I didnt offer a better way to examine me. Can't criticize any manufacturer for faulty design since I didn't offer a better way to build a car, computer, airplane or space shuttle. I can't blame the plumber for screwing up my sink since I didn't show him a better way to do his trade.

It all makes sense now
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I post on a dolphins site, an overzealous mod didn't like me questioning his "power" and banned me for the week. been posting there since 2004 and have never been banned. I was wronged and now I don't think I will post there again and it will be their loss. .
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by LandShark13 View Post
    When has Philbin proven he can coach exactly? Answer he he hasn't yet. SB2 hit the nail on the head. Irish made some good moves this offseason and Philbin has been a part of each and every one of those moves. At some point the burden of winning is going to fall squarely on his shoulders.
    Thanks LS. No idea why the negative stuff has been posted here. Coaches have to develop talent, that's what they get paid to do.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    For all the talk that Sparano and company weren't good at developing players, it's not like any of the guys Ireland picked left the Dolphins and went on to be stars somewhere else. Or does someone want to argue that Phillip Merling, Patrick Turner, Chad Henne and Pat White et all were just coached wrong?

Most of the time ****ty players are **** because they don't have a lot of talent. The coaches can push and instruct and do the best they can to put players in the best position to succeed, but blaming it all on them is like saying it's the teacher's fault that a lazy ass dickhole got an "F".
    Walrus, Enjoy reading your posts but, not his one. Perhaps I should have posted en Francais for a better understanding of what I am saying.

My point is very simple. Ireland brought in some VG talent, and he is now depending on coaches to make it work. Does anyone here believe that Ireland is going to come down to the field to coach these players. Obviously not. So, his job is done, and the coaches job now begins.

Coyle had said the same a couple of weeks ago but, what the hell does he know?
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Right. So I can't blame a doctor for misdiagnosing me cause I didnt offer a better way to examine me. Can't criticize any manufacturer for faulty design since I didn't offer a better way to build a car, computer, airplane or space shuttle. I can't blame the plumber for screwing up my sink since I didn't show him a better way to do his trade.

It all makes sense now
    Harry, Hate to pick on ya because you are a VG poster. However, you make it soooo easy.

Are you honestly trying to tell us that you know as little on football, and our team, as you do on being a doctor, or building a car, computer, airplane or space shuttle? I may give ya the plumber. LOL

IF so, why post?
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Harry, Hate to pick on ya because you are a VG poster. However, you make it soooo easy.

Are you honestly trying to tell us that you know as little on football, and our team, as you do on being a doctor, or building a car, computer, airplane or space shuttle? I may give ya the plumber. LOL

IF so, why post?
    I didn't realize you yourself got to arbitrarily decide how much knowledge someone needed to possess in a particular field in order to criticize them with or without offering a suitable alternative. Please enlighten me where the cut off line is and how much more stupid I need to be in regards to knowledge of the game before I'm able to be critical without offering an alternative.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Virgil Caine is the name

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ServedOnThe DanvilleTrain
    Thanks / No Thanks

PATHETIC

Please, they all suck, but don't insult anyone else's intelligence by trying to maintain that Faux News isn';t the Yin to MSNBC's yang! While I refuse to watch Al Sharpton, ditto any big-titted, jingoistic-spouting empty-headed, NBA player-****ing bimbo, who jumped from school to school until she could find one that would give her a degree and quits half way through the job she won with less votes than the comptroller of NYC receives, strictly on the basis of corruption backlash. Two of a kind. Don't know about Benghazi but do know that Joe Wilson who called bull**** to the Bush Cabal's claim of yellow cake uranium threats in Iraq was excoriated as was his CIA outed wife relentlessly on Fox as tens of thousands died as collateral damage in this transparent effort to remove a wild card competitor from their Saudi buttbuddies' marketplace . Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Both networks are dishonest and lack integrity... as do the hardcore extremists of both parties IMO

Fox News Wins Appeal To Falsify and Distort News Link

Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    Fox News is the only News organization that told the truth about Benghazi. And other high crimes -- ongoing, as we speak.

What this Obama administration has done with Benghazi would be enough to impeach any president not named Obama.... What came out in congressional hearings this week is unconscionable. Unimaginable, that a U.S. President would repeatedly lie to an American public about ordering U.S. Forces to stand down in the face of terror, consigning U.S. citizens to death, and then lying to the American people about it being about a crappy Youtube video, lol. If even a fraction of the truth were known by the American people, Obama wouldn't have sniffed reelection.. BUT all major News organizations chose not to report the truth, intentionally covering up what happened, parroting the administration lie. Cheerleaders, not news reporters. Only one organization told the truth: FOXNews.

Benghazi is criminal. Not to mention the billions of taxpayer dollars funneled to cronies. High crimes in office. We need more News organizations to actually fill the role of truth-tellers, speaking TRUTH to power, not deceiving this country...

Of course, people cutting on FoxNews are probably the same people who DON'T WANT to know the truth about Obama or Benghazi or about the hundred of billions of taxpayer dollars slushed off to cronies...

Tell the truth. Free the minds of the American People!

LD

Quote Quote  

7. -67
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    I didn't realize you yourself got to arbitrarily decide how much knowledge someone needed to possess in a particular field in order to criticize them with or without offering a suitable alternative. Please enlighten me where the cut off line is and how much more stupid I need to be in regards to knowledge of the game before I'm able to be critical without offering an alternative.
    C'MON MAN. You brought in doctors and "rocket surgeons" into the discussion, and now picking on me for asking for something on football. Post some football stuff, as you do so well.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Please, they all suck, but don't insult anyone else's intelligence by trying to maintain that Faux News isn';t the Yin to MSNBC's yang! While I refuse to watch Al Sharpton, ditto any big-titted, jingoistic-spouting empty-headed, NBA player-****ing bimbo, who jumped from school to school until she could find one that would give her a degree and quits half way through the job she won with less votes than the comptroller of NYC receives, strictly on the basis of corruption backlash. Two of a kind. Don't know about Benghazi but do know that Joe Wilson who called bull**** to the Bush Cabal's claim of yellow cake uranium threats in Iraq was excoriated as was his CIA outed wife relentlessly on Fox as tens of thousands died as collateral damage in this transparent effort to remove a wild card competitor from their Saudi buttbuddies' marketplace . Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Both networks are dishonest and lack integrity... as do the hardcore extremists of both parties IMO

Fox News Wins Appeal To Falsify and Distort News Link
    If anyone wishes to talk politics , and the like. I would respectfully ask that they start their own thread. I have NO patience for this, and am starting to get PISSED OFF!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What a mad thread! IMO Ireland has brought in exactly the type of players Philbin wants, athletic explosive players who have the potential to be playmakers. Philbin wants players who his staff can coach up and make into pro bowl quality players. Ireland focused on areas of weakness i.e. WR, pass rushers, CB etc. and has done a really good job at it. It is only one off season so clearly you aren't going to perfectly fill every weakness but flip me we had probably the best off season of any team. Yes games aren't won in the off season but Sobe's premise is correct, Ireland has done his job and now it is Philbin and his coaches job to bring the best out of them. It is a great time to be a Fins fan.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfinfan1 View Post
    What a mad thread! IMO Ireland has brought in exactly the type of players Philbin wants, athletic explosive players who have the potential to be playmakers. Philbin wants players who his staff can coach up and make into pro bowl quality players. Ireland focused on areas of weakness i.e. WR, pass rushers, CB etc. and has done a really good job at it. It is only one off season so clearly you aren't going to perfectly fill every weakness but flip me we had probably the best off season of any team. Yes games aren't won in the off season but Sobe's premise is correct, Ireland has done his job and now it is Philbin and his coaches job to bring the best out of them. It is a great time to be a Fins fan.
    Thanks Irish. I thought, and do still believe that my OP premise made perfect sense. Maybe some have some built in hatred to be resolved. For me, I am just looking for our team to finally do something, which I believe they will, and that is gonna fall on the coaches and players alike.
    Quote Quote