Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roger Goodell: We want Dolphins to stay in Miami

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Roger Goodell: We want Dolphins to stay in Miami

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, like
    Miami Dolphinsownership
    , was disappointed that voters in Miami were not able to vote on a proposal concerning renovations to Sun Life Stadium. In a wide-ranging sit-down interview with NFL.com's Steve Wyche on Thursday, Goodell dampened recent talk that relocation could be an option for the Dolphins."We do want to see the
    Dolphins
    stay in Miami," Goodell said. "We want to see them stay in a facility that will allow them to compete, and to bring in other big events, including
    Super Bowl
    s. And that takes work, it takes investment, and Steve Ross was doing the investing and was really the guy who was putting his heart and soul into this and his passion into this. And that's what's frustrating is that it didn't get a chance to get to the voters."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-stay-in-miami
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Full Interview

South Florida stadium: 'We do want to see the Dolphins stay in Miami'
    Wyche: I wanted to ask you quickly about the Miami Dolphins' stadium issue. After the renovation bill was rejected by Florida lawmakers, we saw team owner Stephen Ross and CEO Mike Dee say, Hey, this is a huge blow to having Super Bowls in Miami and the future could look bleak as far as Super Bowls and maybe even the team staying there. What are the league's concerns, if there are any, with the South Florida stadium issue. Is it maybe not getting Super Bowls? Is it Ross possibly selling the team and a potential relocation? Has it gotten that far in the discussion?

Goodell: No, I think the disappointment is that the local officials in the Miami-Dade County region had worked very hard with the Dolphins to come up with a proposal that was very intelligent, very thoughtful. I was there on the day that the Senate passed the (bill) 35 to 4, and we met with members of the House. I think the frustration is it never had the opportunity to go to the voters. This was targeted for a referendum, I believe, yesterday, or next week, excuse me. I think the voters deserved the opportunity to evaluate the proposal, and make the kinds of changes that Steve Ross and the county and city officials had proposed. We think that would be good for the community, we think it would be good for the stadium and we think it would be good for the team.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...tim-tebow-more
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How bout you chip some money in then, Roger.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    How bout you chip some money in then, Roger.
    I don't think the nfl really wants to start that precedent
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Roger Goodell is key to keeping the Dolphins franchise alive. He's the only person right now, that can give us hope. Right now, everyone needs to be kissing his butt, because he possibly can save us. I doubt it, though, he hates Miami. Right now the Miami Dolphins are dead.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Roger Goodell is key to keeping the Dolphins franchise alive. He's the only person right now, that can give us hope. Right now, everyone needs to be kissing his butt, because he possibly can save us. I doubt it, though, he hates Miami. Right now the Miami Dolphins are dead.
    Huh? What?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man some of this Dolphins are dead crap is pretty ridiculous. Its called leveraging people! Its a business tactic. But it pisses me off that some jerk in the panhandle from Philadelphia who could care less about the Miami Dolphins shut this down without us getting to vote on it. This isn't the same deal as the Marlins.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    It's in Roger and the NFL's best interest to have a strong team in the Miami media market.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    I doubt it, though, he hates Miami. Right now the Miami Dolphins are dead.
    With 4 no thanks in 12 post you might want to recheck your statements before you post bro
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mt. Carmel, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Life according to Bryce.... Your only posts have been on this issue and your only purpose is to rile others up. Pathetic. I doubt the dolphins move. As stated 1000 times previously, this is posturing at this point. The renovations will happen it's just a matter of when.
    Quote Quote