Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Roger Goodell: We want Dolphins to stay in Miami

  1. -11
    circumstances's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    1,627
    vCash:
    3266
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the nfl will never allow this market to be without one of their franchises. won't happen. you may disagree, but mark my words.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    MP-Omnis's Avatar
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    3,045
    vCash:
    4065
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Democracy is evil. If the stadium bill passed with 51% of the vote, what about the rest of the 49%? They get their money forcibly taken from them to pay for something they didn't approve.

    If Ross only wants to put up half the money on his own, then make like the Packers and raise the rest of the cash by selling shares in the team and lobbying for tax and fee exemption. Plenty of people would've bought into the Marlins, and even more would support the Dolphins.
    Joe Philbin says, "Jim Turner was a great coach. He made sure shoes were tied at all times and that no gum wrappers touched the field."
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Awsi Dooger's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    6,390
    vCash:
    8906
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Boring. Dee has a better handle on fear.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Hayden Fox's Avatar
    At the end of the day...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    19,962
    vCash:
    37175
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    The commish is right.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    dolpns13's Avatar
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    24,556
    vCash:
    23624
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Roger Goodell: We want Dolphins to stay in Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Roger Goodell is key to keeping the Dolphins franchise alive. He's the only person right now, that can give us hope. Right now, everyone needs to be kissing his butt, because he possibly can save us. I doubt it, though, he hates Miami. Right now the Miami Dolphins are dead.
    Bipolar much?

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2010
    Posts:
    30
    vCash:
    1140
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    It's in Roger and the NFL's best interest to have a strong team in the Miami media market.
    You should tell the Los Angeles people that friend. Media Market doesn't really play as much in the NFL as it does in other sports. Little Green Bay is not a top market and still gets high ratings throughout the country. The NFL is another type of beast.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Third Eye's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    819
    vCash:
    2396
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by circumstances View Post
    the nfl will never allow this market to be without one of their franchises. won't happen. you may disagree, but mark my words.
    Same thing they said in L.A.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    circumstances's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    1,627
    vCash:
    3266
    Thanks / No Thanks
    los angeles has historically had NFL franchises over the history of the league. they will have one again. too large of a market to remain without. it's actually a crime that it has taken this long. i give it three-four more seasons, max, before they get an nfl franchise.

    ---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
    Same thing they said in L.A.
    i'm sure. still won't happen here.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    jlfin's Avatar
    old pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    7,558
    vCash:
    3032
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MP-Omnis View Post
    Democracy is evil. If the stadium bill passed with 51% of the vote, what about the rest of the 49%? They get their money forcibly taken from them to pay for something they didn't approve.

    If Ross only wants to put up half the money on his own, then make like the Packers and raise the rest of the cash by selling shares in the team and lobbying for tax and fee exemption. Plenty of people would've bought into the Marlins, and even more would support the Dolphins.

    Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
    -Ayn Rand
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    2413fanphins's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,604
    vCash:
    2353
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I still dont see how a bed tax comes out of the locals pockets? Ive asked several times for clarification, if i am wrong in thinking the dollars
    will come from hotel taxes and not something like sales tax.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Did anyone else get an E-Mail from Roger Goodell?
    By Zildjianz in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 06:53 AM
  2. Just met Troy Vincent, Roger Goodell and others!
    By Billk78 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 05:40 PM
  3. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 09:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •