Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roger Goodell: We want Dolphins to stay in Miami

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the nfl will never allow this market to be without one of their franchises. won't happen. you may disagree, but mark my words.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Democracy is evil. If the stadium bill passed with 51% of the vote, what about the rest of the 49%? They get their money forcibly taken from them to pay for something they didn't approve.

If Ross only wants to put up half the money on his own, then make like the Packers and raise the rest of the cash by selling shares in the team and lobbying for tax and fee exemption. Plenty of people would've bought into the Marlins, and even more would support the Dolphins.
    Joe Philbin says, "Jim Turner was a great coach. He made sure shoes were tied at all times and that no gum wrappers touched the field."
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Boring. Dee has a better handle on fear.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    The commish is right.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Roger Goodell: We want Dolphins to stay in Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Roger Goodell is key to keeping the Dolphins franchise alive. He's the only person right now, that can give us hope. Right now, everyone needs to be kissing his butt, because he possibly can save us. I doubt it, though, he hates Miami. Right now the Miami Dolphins are dead.
    Bipolar much?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    It's in Roger and the NFL's best interest to have a strong team in the Miami media market.
    You should tell the Los Angeles people that friend. Media Market doesn't really play as much in the NFL as it does in other sports. Little Green Bay is not a top market and still gets high ratings throughout the country. The NFL is another type of beast.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by circumstances View Post
    the nfl will never allow this market to be without one of their franchises. won't happen. you may disagree, but mark my words.
    Same thing they said in L.A.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    los angeles has historically had NFL franchises over the history of the league. they will have one again. too large of a market to remain without. it's actually a crime that it has taken this long. i give it three-four more seasons, max, before they get an nfl franchise.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
    Same thing they said in L.A.
    i'm sure. still won't happen here.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MP-Omnis View Post
    Democracy is evil. If the stadium bill passed with 51% of the vote, what about the rest of the 49%? They get their money forcibly taken from them to pay for something they didn't approve.

If Ross only wants to put up half the money on his own, then make like the Packers and raise the rest of the cash by selling shares in the team and lobbying for tax and fee exemption. Plenty of people would've bought into the Marlins, and even more would support the Dolphins.

Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
    -Ayn Rand
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I still dont see how a bed tax comes out of the locals pockets? Ive asked several times for clarification, if i am wrong in thinking the dollars
    will come from hotel taxes and not something like sales tax.
    Quote Quote