Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Back Due To Popular Demand....

  1. -11
    j0hnny63's Avatar
    bon jon bovi

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    415
    vCash:
    1515
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is a strange topic.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,133
    vCash:
    2098
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnny63 View Post
    This is a strange topic.
    Not strange at all. I rode with CL through most, if not all, of last season. The climate on the board changed so I retired him. Well, the negative attitudes have once again become very prevalent so CL is back! If it doesn't fit you, it's not aimed at you...
    ~~~~~~~

    The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

    -Langston Hughes






    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,392
    vCash:
    17315
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    Not strange at all. I rode with CL through most, if not all, of last season. The climate on the board changed so I retired him. Well, the negative attitudes have once again become very prevalent so CL is back! If it doesn't fit you, it's not aimed at you...
    Not really. The mood has been generally very positive over the offseason and the draft, with an extremely small minority who will never be happy no matter what; but again, they're a very small minority. Now, if you are expecting nothing but pure positive posts, you're in the wrong place. In fact, I'd stay off of message boards in general.

    So really, the chicken little in this scenario is you.





    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,133
    vCash:
    2098
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Not really. The mood has been generally very positive over the offseason and the draft, with an extremely small minority who will never be happy no matter what; but again, they're a very small minority. Now, if you are expecting nothing but pure positive posts, you're in the wrong place. In fact, I'd stay off of message boards in general.

    So really, the chicken little in this scenario is you.
    LOL! Not even remotely Gonzo. Thanks for the laugh! And, I disagree with your assessment that all has been mostly positive. You are exactly right on one thing. If I expected to only see positive things, I should stay stay off forums. Don't think that I have ever implied that anyone should only post positive threads. We should all seek to be a little more middle of the road in my opinion. Not too high with our expectations of success and not resorting to the type of attitudes that it's all going to be a failure. If having that sort of mentality makes me Chicken Little then I think that you need to read the story again...
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,392
    vCash:
    17315
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    LOL! Not even remotely Gonzo. Thanks for the laugh! And, I disagree with your assessment that all has been mostly positive. You are exactly right on one thing. If I expected to only see positive things, I should stay stay off forums. Don't think that I have ever implied that anyone should only post positive threads. We should all seek to be a little more middle of the road in my opinion. Not too high with our expectations of success and not resorting to the type of attitudes that it's all going to be a failure. If having that sort of mentality makes me Chicken Little then I think that you need to read the story again...
    Funny, I was reading a poll today on here in which the vast majority graded the offseason as B+ or higher. Draft grades around the same. ****ing pessimists, amirite? Not to mention tons of excitement about the Wallace, Grimes, LBs, and Clabo signings and finally being rid of Long.

    So, yes, responding to a very small minority of pessimistic posters as if they are the majority makes you the Chicken Little in this scenario. "AHHH! All the pesssimists and negativity! AHH! The morale is falling! The morale is falling!" Derp.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    fishfanmiami's Avatar
    grip it and rip it

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    7,541
    vCash:
    1758
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    i am an eternal optimist and i can honestly say this is the most positive response to an off season since Tuna and the boys showed up 5 years ago. There are two or three habitual na sayers but several that where negative are happy that we have a QB and seem to like Philbin. i could name names but i wont.

    Right not there is some dread over the failure in the legislature and the possible move scenarios but that should pass soon.

    I see your are a VIP member. i don't recall anything negative there what so ever lately. Come to the lounge where everyone is just having fun.

    Just my two cents for what it's worth.

    p.s. I used to ski Breckenridge and Loveland every winter. A good bud lives in Boulder and I love it there.What's the night course there ?
    El Dora or something like that. It's a blast.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,133
    vCash:
    2098
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Funny, I was reading a poll today on here in which the vast majority graded the offseason as B+ or higher. Draft grades around the same. ****ing pessimists, amirite? Not to mention tons of excitement about the Wallace, Grimes, LBs, and Clabo signings and finally being rid of Long.

    So, yes, responding to a very small minority of pessimistic posters as if they are the majority makes you the Chicken Little in this scenario. "AHHH! All the pesssimists and negativity! AHH! The morale is falling! The morale is falling!" Derp.
    Oh wow! There was a poll on Finheaven that gave the Dolphins a B+! That has to mean that most everyone is happy! Polls are one thing but the overall tone of many of the posts/threads has not matched those results in my opinion. Granted, it has been better than previous seasons but still leaves a lot to be desired. So yes, to those individuals.....THE SKY IS FALLING! ****ing pessimists, amirite?

    We can drop this because as we all should know, you are rarely wrong. Let's just agree to disagree. You seem to feel that all is happy and I feel that the board could be a little more positive. Now, I do not advocate that anyone should start packing for the Super Bowl as of yet based on our off season movements. Those moves when combined with the current philosophies & direction of the team do give me reason to believe our chances for success are pretty good for the upcoming season. Once again, CL does not live here....
    Last edited by ebozzz; 05-11-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,133
    vCash:
    2098
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    i am an eternal optimist and i can honestly say this is the most positive response to an off season since Tuna and the boys showed up 5 years ago. There are two or three habitual na sayers but several that where negative are happy that we have a QB and seem to like Philbin. i could name names but i wont.

    Right not there is some dread over the failure in the legislature and the possible move scenarios but that should pass soon.

    I see your are a VIP member. i don't recall anything negative there what so ever lately. Come to the lounge where everyone is just having fun.

    Just my two cents for what it's worth.
    Things in the VIP area do tend to be much more to my liking but unfortunately, the pace is a lot slower. The point of views expressed there tend to be realistic. If someone doesn't like something they usually express it in such a way that it doesn't come off as being whiny. A lots less doom & gloom...

    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    p.s. I used to ski Breckenridge and Loveland every winter. A good bud lives in Boulder and I love it there.What's the night course there ?
    El Dora or something like that. It's a blast.
    Not much of a skier myself. Almost had a pretty bad accident on my first time on a slope. I fault myself for it mostly. Something about drinking and freezing rain just don't seem to mix very well with skiing.

    Eldora is up in Nederland which is near Boulder. The City of Boulder is an awesome place. My efforts to get my family to move there have been ongoing for many years but thus far I have been on the losing end of the vote. It's such a laid back place....

    http://www.eldora.com/
    Last edited by ebozzz; 05-11-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,392
    vCash:
    17315
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    Oh wow! There was a poll on Finheaven that gave the Dolphins a B+! That has to mean that most everyone is happy! Polls are one thing but the overall tone of many of the posts/threads has not matched those results in my opinion. Granted, it has been better than previous seasons but still leaves a lot to be desired. So yes, to those individuals.....THE SKY IS FALLING! ****ing pessimists, amirite?

    We can drop this because as we all should know, you are rarely wrong. Let's just agree to disagree. You seem to feel that all is happy and I feel that the board could be a little more positive. Now, I do not advocate that anyone should start packing for the Super Bowl as of yet based on our off season movements. Those moves when combined with the current philosophies & direction of the team do give me reason to believe our chances for success are pretty good for the upcoming season. Once again, CL does not live here....
    Thank you! You get it!

    As for the overall tone, that's complete bull****. But you go ahead and search out the negativity, as you clearly want to find it. Polls are generally a good judge and negative nancies tend to enjoy responding to them most of all. The problem is, there aren't as many as before because the team is finally heading in the right direction (it absolutely deserved "negativity" over the past few years). And of course you're going to disregard things like polls because they don't jive with your claims.

    Sure, there are unanswered questions about the team and places we can still improve, but that's hardly "negative." That's just fact. We could be competing for a championship and there would still be room for improvement. That's just the way some go through life though, constantly looking for ways to improve and move to the next level (like myself) while others are perfectly happy with their lot in life and have no interest in improving. The mentalities tends to extend to everything, including their favorite teams. There's nothing negative about the former outlook. In fact, I'd say that's the ultimate optimist, thinking there is always a way to become better.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 05-11-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,133
    vCash:
    2098
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Thank you! You get it!

    As for the overall tone, that's complete bull****. But you go ahead and search out the negativity, as you clearly want to find it. Polls are generally a good judge and negative nancies tend to enjoy responding to them most of all. The problem is, there aren't as many as before because the team is finally heading in the right direction (it absolutely deserved "negativity" over the past few years). And of course you're going to disregard things like polls because they don't jive with your claims.

    Sure, there are unanswered questions about the team and places we can still improve, but that's hardly "negative." That's just fact. We could be competing for a championship and there would still be room for improvement. That's just the way some go through life though, constantly looking for ways to improve and move to the next level (like myself) while others are perfectly happy with their lot in life and have no interest in improving. The mentalities tends to extend to everything, including their favorite teams. There's nothing negative about the former outlook. In fact, I'd say that's the ultimate optimist, thinking there is always a way to become better.
    Gonzo,

    On the contrary, I do NOT get it! You are wrong at times and much more frequently that rarely! But of course, you would never admit that. As for your complete bull**** theory, I know what I have been reading. I also know the difference between fact and negativity. How about this. You just do you and I'll do me. Deal? Or, not. Could really care less....
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. I want (no I demand) to become a moderator.
    By kud in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 03:02 AM
  2. DirecTV...ON DEMAND!
    By Sethdaddy8 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 10:35 AM
  3. '84 Dolphins are on On Demand
    By Omaha_Dolfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 02:43 AM
  4. demand a better strategy
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 01:53 PM
  5. Fiedler In Demand! Or so they say
    By LtDan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •