Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

1. -11
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    This guy's mock draft now that I look at it is actually pretty good. Not bad at all. Some calls I don't like, but others I do.

Here are the 32 guys I would consider strong possibilities for 1st round standing:

QB - Teddy Bridgewater, Tajh Boyd
    RB - Lache Seastrunk
    WR - Marqise Lee, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Brandon Coleman
    TE - Eric Ebron, Colt Lyerla, Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    OT - Jake Matthews, Cyrus Kouandjio, David Yankey, Taylor Lewan
    OG - Gabe Jackson
    OC - None
    DT - Timmy Jernigan, Louis Nix, DeAndre Coleman, Stephen Tuitt
    DE - Jadaveon Clowney, Adrian Hubbard, Anthony Barr, Kyle Van Noy
    LB - Ryan Shazier, Shayne Skov
    DB - Jason Verrett, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Bradley Robey, Antone Exum, LeMarcus Joyner, H. Clinton-Dix, Nickoe Whitley

That's not necessarily all of the players I think are worthy, and in fact some of them aren't what I would deem worthy, but I think they're the most likely to actually go in the 1st.
    Surprised by a few guys on your list, Shayne Skov, Antone Exum, & LaMarcus Joyner. Exum needs to go back to safety & Joyner has played out of position his entire college career. Do you not like C.J. Mosley or Loucheiz Purifoy?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think there's any doubt that Exum needs to return to safety. Although he might be a fit for a team like Seattle that prefers extremely large CB's. The main issue facing Exum is the fact that he tore his ACL in January playing basketball, and I'd be fairly surprised if he's ready to go against Alabama to begin the season. It's unlikely that he's completely healthy at any point during the 2013 season.

I think Mosley has an excellent chance to be a 1st rounder if he stays healthy. The NFL is prioritizing linebackers who can cover like safeties, and Mosley fits that role perfectly. He's peerless in coverage, diagnoses plays, and has top end speed for a linebacker. Hes intelligent, a good teammate, and not bad against the run. But hes a bit light for an NFL linebacker, and hes been nicked up several times so far in his Alabama career. I think he's a better prospect than Manti Te'o or Kevin Minter.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29 View Post
    Surprised by a few guys on your list, Shayne Skov, Antone Exum, & LaMarcus Joyner. Exum needs to go back to safety & Joyner has played out of position his entire college career. Do you not like C.J. Mosley or Loucheiz Purifoy?
    I'm not as big a fan of Purifoy. I believe Joyner is moving back to corner this year and I think he's going to have a big year there, enough that he could sneak into 1st round discussions. I recognize that Exum has a big hill to climb with his torn ACL but I think he's capable of doing so. Hell, Jason Allen got into the mid-1st round despite breaking his hip and risking necrosis Bo Jackson-style. This is a copycat league and there will be enough teams that are moving toward the Seattle way of doing things on defense that I think Exum will find buyers at both corner and safety. Shayne Skov is a theory. I recognize others don't have him there. He was in his first year off a big knee injury last year and I think he'll be more impressive in his second year off the surgery.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I'm not as big a fan of Purifoy. I believe Joyner is moving back to corner this year and I think he's going to have a big year there, enough that he could sneak into 1st round discussions. I recognize that Exum has a big hill to climb with his torn ACL but I think he's capable of doing so. Hell, Jason Allen got into the mid-1st round despite breaking his hip and risking necrosis Bo Jackson-style. This is a copycat league and there will be enough teams that are moving toward the Seattle way of doing things on defense that I think Exum will find buyers at both corner and safety. Shayne Skov is a theory. I recognize others don't have him there. He was in his first year off a big knee injury last year and I think he'll be more impressive in his second year off the surgery.
    Funny you mentioned Bo Jackson. He lives by me in Chicago burbs. I met him a couple of nights ago. We were on the sidewalk leaving a Thai restaurant at same time. I was talking to his wife before I knew who they were. i was chatting with the wife about how it was sunny and rainy at same time. I then realized it was Bo and tried to engage him and he was a total douche. It's not like I was bothering him in any way. I was talking to his wife before I even saw him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    any list that doesn't have usc backer dion bailey on it needs a redo...i don't care that the guys light in the pants...that guys as instinctual a backer and explosive as any in the country....he might make a hell of a strong safety...

i think it's highly likely qb teddy bridgewater is the top pick in the 2014 class...

and i'm with the exum needs to go back to safety crowd...he's way too handsy in coverage down the field to get away with all the impeding i see from him in college at corner at the pro level...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    Funny you mentioned Bo Jackson. He lives by me in Chicago burbs. I met him a couple of nights ago. We were on the sidewalk leaving a Thai restaurant at same time. I was talking to his wife before I knew who they were. i was chatting with the wife about how it was sunny and rainy at same time. I then realized it was Bo and tried to engage him and he was a total douche. It's not like I was bothering him in any way. I was talking to his wife before I even saw him.
    In Bulgaria, if it's raining and sunny at the same time, they use an expression that roughly translates to: bears are having a wedding in the forest.

I obviously wasn't there for your encounter with Jackson, and I don't know what he's like irl, but I do know that he's a very private person. Could have just been uncomfortable.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    usc de morgan breslin is interesting...reminds me of a poor mans ryan kerrigan...less explosive imo version

ikpre olomu will go as high as his height dictates...it's all about how tall is he with that kid...serious talent though...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    Perhaps that's the part he didn't appreciate, lol.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jake matthew should make an effortless transition to the left side...his feet and lateral quickness are that good...kid just toyed with people on the right side...best tape in 2012 of any tackle in college football probably...

that cyrus kid for bama struggled with some edge rusher in the bama spring game...kinda eye opening considering how highly i think of that left tackle...struggled with his speed off the edge and gaining the corner
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    USC probably has some underrated defenders, based on how severely the team lagged expectation. These are 4 and 5 star recruits, almost without exception. New coordinator this year. I think he came from Cal.

Skov was impressive in spring ball, from all reports. Regained some explosion. He doesn't strike me as someone who will wow scouts in a combine setting but on the field and in the lockerroom he's an extraordinary team leader, and incredibly savvy. All you had to do was watch Stanford's defense vs. Oregon in 2011 minus Skov, and the difference last year, even when he wasn't close to 100%.

Van Noy may be a bit of a tweener but it's hard for me to believe there are 20 or 30 players in this class superior to him. He made Ansah look all but invisible more often than not.
    Quote Quote