Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

I don't know if he fits our scheme but i would love to get Sammy Watkins in the first round next year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I don't know if he fits our scheme but i would love to get Sammy Watkins in the first round next year.
    I hope we're not picking high enough for Sammy Watkins.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I hope we're not picking high enough for Sammy Watkins.
    True statement, but I would still like to have him. I would definitely sacrifice him for a kick-butt season!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    USC probably has some underrated defenders, based on how severely the team lagged expectation. These are 4 and 5 star recruits, almost without exception. New coordinator this year. I think he came from Cal.

Skov was impressive in spring ball, from all reports. Regained some explosion. He doesn't strike me as someone who will wow scouts in a combine setting but on the field and in the lockerroom he's an extraordinary team leader, and incredibly savvy. All you had to do was watch Stanford's defense vs. Oregon in 2011 minus Skov, and the difference last year, even when he wasn't close to 100%.

Van Noy may be a bit of a tweener but it's hard for me to believe there are 20 or 30 players in this class superior to him. He made Ansah look all but invisible more often than not.
    I agree with this.

I think USC already had an underrated defender or two, one by the name of Nickell Robey who had to go to the Bills as a UDFA. We'll see on him but that's one of my top 10 UDFAs for sure. T.J. McDonald going in the 3rd round wasn't underrated or overrated...just rated. Wes Horton struck me as overrated back when he was being placed near the top of the class by NFL Draft Scout prior to and during the 2012 season. But as a UDFA, he might be a little undervalued. He looked good during All Star practices and game. I was suprised.

I look forward to seeing Skov return to form this year.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As for USC's upcoming guys on defense...I've never really disliked Morgan Breslin, but I haven't been grabbed by him the same way I have a Kyle Van Noy or Anthony Barr. Watching USC, I always come away feeling like I need to pay more attention to Dion Bailey, George Uko and Leonard Williams than Morgan Breslin. Just a feeling.

And speaking of Stanford, when I try and sit down to watch David Yankey, my eyes usually aren't getting past Cameron Fleming. He's a looker. Great frame, great athleticism. good kick slide. Probably another situation like Texas A&M's where the right tackle might be better than the left tackle. But of course Yankey is no Joeckel.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    slight off topic but for all of you draftniks that use Twitter:

Teddy Bridgewater has finally joined Twitter, you can follow him at @teddyb_h2o

As far as I know he doesn't have a Facebook account or at least one that is public.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Loving me some Shayne Skov [and no, not in that way ] think he would fit well in our D, and bring a level of nastiness I don't think we have quite yet. Not sure it will happen what with the recent FA/Draft aquisitions at backer, but he's going to be a player - probably a 2nd rounder though, doubt he goes in the 1st.
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dion Bailey is scheduled to move back to his more natural safety position. He simply doesn't have the size to prevent him from being a liability at linebacker against teams that are going to committ to the running game the way Georgia Tech did in the Sun Bowl, where I felt like Bailey struggled more than the other two LB's (Pullard and Dawson).

I'd look for Pullard and Dawson to start at the 'Mike' and 'Will' positions under the new coordinator's 52-defense.

I don't know where that came from about Kouandjio struggling in Bama's spring game but it's inaccurate.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Dion Bailey is scheduled to move back to his more natural safety position. He simply doesn't have the size to prevent him from being a liability at linebacker against teams that are going to committ to the running game the way Georgia Tech did in the Sun Bowl, where I felt like Bailey struggled more than the other two LB's (Pullard and Dawson).

I'd look for Pullard and Dawson to start at the 'Mike' and 'Will' positions under the new coordinator's 52-defense.

I don't know where that came from about Kouandjio struggling in Bama's spring game but it's inaccurate.
    of course it is...

i watched the spring game...it sure looked to me like the left tackle was having some issues...
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 05-21-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    of course it is...

i watched the spring game...it sure looked to me like the left tackle was having some issues...

Well I was there and I didn't see any issues with Kouandjio. I've probably talked to 50 people since then that all watched our A-day game and they don't see it either.

Fact is, we only ran about 8 different plays.

I think you're probably on to something here, just not necessarily what you think it is. Ryan Anderson is going to be a dominant force. That's what was on display during our A-day game.

As for Kouandjio, he's a proven commodity.
    Quote Quote