Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Benghazi lies finally come to light for everyone to see

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    finomenal's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    2,528
    vCash:
    1639
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Benghazi lies finally come to light for everyone to see

    A few snippets from the Benghazi Hearing:





    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,803
    vCash:
    5767
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    I can't stand that woman. The only thing she cares about is maintaining her political power and she would do anything, and I mean anything to make sure she keeps it. I'm aware this is not unique among politicians but to me she is more manipulative, uncaring, mirthless and conniving than most. Whenever she speaks I just assume its a lie
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    fishfanmiami's Avatar
    grip it and rip it

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    7,217
    vCash:
    2775
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Speaking of lies



    The attacks on our embassies & diplomats are a result of perceived American weakness. Mitt Romney is right to point that out.
    — @RumsfeldOffice via Twitter for iPhone
    Donald Rumsfeld was Secretary of War Defense between 2001 and 2006, so none of this should be news to him:

    June 14, 2002, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
    Suicide bomber kills 12 and injures 51.
    February 20, 2003, international diplomatic compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Truck bomb kills 17.

    February 28, 2003, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
    Gunmen on motorcycles killed two consulate guards.

    July 30, 2004, U.S. embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan
    Suicide bomber kills two.

    December 6, 2004, U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Militants stormed and occupied perimeter wall. Five killed, 10 wounded.

    March 2, 2006, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
    Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomate directly targeted by the assailants.

    September 12, 2006, U.S. embassy in Damascus, Syria
    Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.

    January 12, 2007, U.S. embassy in Athens, Greece
    A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building. No one was injured.

    July 9, 2008, U.S. consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
    Armed men attacked consulate with pistols and shotguns. Three policemen killed.

    March 18, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
    Mortar attack misses embassy, hits nearby girls' school instead.

    September 17, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
    Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured.

    So did those attacks (and the 9/11 ones, for that matter) happen because of "perceived American weakness"? Is that what Rumsfeld wants to argue—that our country's diplomatic missions were targeted because George Bush's America was perceived as weak?
    As for Obama, the attacks in Cairo and Benghazi are the first two attacks on a U.S. diplomatic mission in an ostensibly peaceful country during his entire presidency The embassy in Afghanistan was targeted by the Taliban last Sept. 13, but that's a country at war.

    If you buy Rumsfeld's nonsense, you can tally the numbers to determine which administration was "perceived weaker."

    FOX and the croonies only get outraged when the other guys are in power.
    No hearings AT ALL over all these many diplomatic deaths but the 4 in bengazi are grounds for treason ?????????

    get real.
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 05-13-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    1,809
    vCash:
    4077
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    Speaking of lies


    An idiot speaks:
    The attacks on our embassies & diplomats are a result of perceived American weakness. Mitt Romney is right to point that out.
    — @RumsfeldOffice via Twitter for iPhone
    Donald Rumsfeld was Secretary of War Defense between 2001 and 2006, so none of this should be news to him:

    June 14, 2002, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
    Suicide bomber kills 12 and injures 51.
    February 20, 2003, international diplomatic compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Truck bomb kills 17.

    February 28, 2003, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
    Gunmen on motorcycles killed two consulate guards.

    July 30, 2004, U.S. embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan
    Suicide bomber kills two.

    December 6, 2004, U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Militants stormed and occupied perimeter wall. Five killed, 10 wounded.

    March 2, 2006, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
    Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomate directly targeted by the assailants.

    September 12, 2006, U.S. embassy in Damascus, Syria
    Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.

    January 12, 2007, U.S. embassy in Athens, Greece
    A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building. No one was injured.

    July 9, 2008, U.S. consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
    Armed men attacked consulate with pistols and shotguns. Three policemen killed.

    March 18, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
    Mortar attack misses embassy, hits nearby girls' school instead.

    September 17, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
    Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured.

    So did those attacks (and the 9/11 ones, for that matter) happen because of "perceived American weakness"? Is that what Rumsfeld wants to argue—that our country's diplomatic missions were targeted because George Bush's America was perceived as weak?
    As for Obama, the attacks in Cairo and Benghazi are the first two attacks on a U.S. diplomatic mission in an ostensibly peaceful country during his entire presidency—and they were sparked by that idiot wingnut Islamophobe Terri Jones. The embassy in Afghanistan was targeted by the Taliban last Sept. 13, but that's a country at war.

    If you buy Rumsfeld's nonsense, you can tally the numbers to determine which administration was "perceived weaker."

    FOX and the croonies only get outraged when the other guys are in power.
    No hearings AT ALL over all these many diplomatic deaths but the 4 in bengazi are grounds for treason ?????????

    get real.
    Did you watch the videos or do any research whatsoever on the incident before you typed Terry Jones is to blame for Benghazi? You made some strong points before blowing it all up with that one line
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    finomenal's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    2,528
    vCash:
    1639
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    i copied the article and that is the authors point of view not mine.

    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/12/1130950/-If-diplomatic-attacks-are-a-sign-of-weakness-Bush-was-the-weakest-of-all


    This is a left leaning rag but the point is well taken to me.

    My intent was to say that NUMBEROUS diplomats have been killed in the last ten years and ONLY NOW are the Republicans interested in hearings.

    The Obama administration oviously made mistakes but other such incidences drew little attention from the media and none from congress. Why is that ?
    Don't believe the hype. It's not about right or left.

    tumblr_mcg94xOCDv1rdkq2ro1_400.jpg
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    1,809
    vCash:
    4077
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    i copied the article and that is the authors point of view not mine.
    My intent was to say that NUMBEROUS diplomats have been killed in the last ten years and ONLY NOW are the Republicans interested in hearings.

    The Obama administration oviously made mistakes but other such incidences drew little attention from the media and none from congress. Why is that ?
    There are several incidents about the night that are still in question, for instance who gave the stand down order to the troops in Tripoli.

    The new reports that are coming out states that the CIA original talking points stated that terrorist groups including Al Qaeda, and Al An Shareef (spelling) were responsible for the attacks and there was no evidence of a spontaneous protest because of the video. However, once the talking points circulated through the white house and the state department all mentions of these were removed and the blame was placed primarily on the video which as it is well documented Susan Rice went out on the sunday shows and blamed the video. Mistakes were obviously made, as you pointed out this isn't the first time a diplomatic embassy had been targetted.

    Here is the issue, we were in the midst of a presidential election at the time, the election was only a few weeks after the attacks. Obama on his campaign trail had been claiming that Al Qaeda was decimated and had lost all the ability to launch an attack. This quickly proved to be false, as evidenced by the Benghazi attacks. The conspiracy theorists are arguing that the white house or state department deliberately changed these talking points to blame the video so President Obama wouldn't look bad and would be able to be re-elected.

    In reality the incident wasn't his fault at all, and frankly it wasn't Hilary's either, as Americans we are all too aware the capability terrorists have to inflict damage and chaos on the world. The supposed "cover up" is the problem, did the white house and state department deliberately mislead the American people in order to win re-election. As of now I am unsure, the more information that is coming out, now especially with the testimony last week (if you haven't watch Hick's testimony it was very moving the first hand account of what actually happened on the ground) and the recently exposed talking point edits. It shows that many people did know and blame it on terrorism from the groups I mentioned earlier, but it was removed. Why is the question. That is why these hearings are going on, to find out if the American public was intentionally mislead because it was an election.

    Edit: I do feel the need to say this because this shouldn't be a partisan debate. I can't stand Obama, I will full on say that. However, I am a Hilary supporter, and would have voted for her in 2008 if she had been the Democrat nominee.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    The new reports that are coming out states that the CIA original talking points stated that terrorist groups including Al Qaeda, and Al An Shareef (spelling) were responsible for the attacks and there was no evidence of a spontaneous protest because of the video. However, once the talking points circulated through the white house and the state department all mentions of these were removed and the blame was placed primarily on the video which as it is well documented Susan Rice went out on the sunday shows and blamed the video. Mistakes were obviously made, as you pointed out this isn't the first time a diplomatic embassy had been targetted.
    When the "other" administration is wrong "he lied". When "your" guy's administration omits/changes facts it's a mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    In reality the incident wasn't his fault at all...
    Is anyone making claims to the contrary?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    The supposed "cover up" is the problem, did the white house and state department deliberately mislead the American people in order to win re-election.
    Exactly.
    Nixon helping cover up Watergate.
    Clinton perjuring himself regarding Monica.

    It's always the cover up.

    The mistakes in Benghazi were: ignoring warnings, denying extra security, telling response teams to stand down. Knowingly telling a lie is not a mistake.


    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    ... this shouldn't be a partisan debate...
    Agreed. All Americans should demand better from all politicians.
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."


    - Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    i copied the article and that is the authors point of view not mine.
    I don't think anyone buys that. Look at the title of the article.

    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    This is a left leaning rag but the point is well taken to me.
    Or course it is. You found a piece that selectively listed problems to support your point of view hoping that no one would actually read it.

    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    My intent was to say that NUMBEROUS diplomats have been killed in the last ten years...
    Fail.

    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    and ONLY NOW are the Republicans interested in hearings.
    Your hyper-partisan views are preventing you from comprehending what happened in Benghazi. Name the other examples in which other agencies warned of threats, requests for more security were denied, and response teams were told to stand down when the attacks took place.

    Let's look at your partisan list ...
    June 14, 2002, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
    Suicide bomber kills 12 and injures 51.
    Tragic but no US diplomats killed. Any accusations of threats being ignored, requests for increased security being denied, response teams told to stand down?

    February 20, 2003, international diplomatic compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Truck bomb kills 17.
    ???
    2/20/03, Robert Dent assassinated in Riyadh.
    3/18/03 Saudi killed while making a bomb
    5/12/03 Riyadh residential compound bombing killed 9 US citizens: George W. Bush called it a "ruthless murder", no video blamed
    11/8/03 Riyadh al-Mohaya residential compound killed 9 US citizens but no government officials

    February 28, 2003, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
    Gunmen on motorcycles killed two consulate guards.
    "None of the staff inside the compound at the time were injured in the attack, an interior ministry official told CNN."
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapc...ing/index.html

    July 30, 2004, U.S. embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan
    Suicide bomber kills two
    two Uzbek security guards, not US diplomats.

    December 6, 2004, U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Militants stormed and occupied perimeter wall. Five killed, 10 wounded.
    "We have five confirmed dead among our locally engaged staff and one of them is a contract [security] guard," the US embassy spokeswoman Carol Kalin said. She said no Americans had been killed and a "handful of other employees" had been taken to hospital. Security sources told Reuters the dead were Arabs and Asians."
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004...audiarabia.usa

    March 2, 2006, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
    Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomate directly targeted by the assailants.
    Hooray! You kept swinging blindly and eventually hit something! American Diplomat David Foy was killed along with three Pakistanis.

    If you are opposed to all terrorism regardless of the nationality of the victims then you're not going to get a lot of disagreement. However, that's not the case you made.

    We couldn't help but notice that your source stopped in late 2008. Any reason for that? Here are some attacks on actual diplomatic missions that your source omitted:
    2011 Taliban attack on the U.S. Embassy, Kabul, Afghanistan
    2011 U.S.n Embassy in Bosnia
    2012 U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt
    2012 U.S. Consulate attack in Benghazi kills FOUR AMERICANS
    2012: U.S.n Embassy in Sanaa, Yemen
    2013: U.S. Embassy in Ankara, Turkey, killing a security guard
    2013: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...ince-benghazi/
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.pakalertpress.com/2013/05...-leave-office/

    Benghazi buzz: Obama predicted to leave office

    To this day, it is not known what role President Richard Nixon played in the break-in at the Watergate Hotel, but the tape recordings from the White House confirm he and Chief of Staff H.R. Haldeman discussed using the CIA to slow down the FBI investigation.

    It was the cover-up, as history records, that eventually brought about Nixon’s resignation in disgrace.

    Now, Congress is investigating an alleged cover-up of the terrorist attack Sept. 11, 2012, on the U.S. foreign service facility in Benghazi, Libya, amid predictions from prominent voices that the scandal will bring down the Obama administration.

    Former Arkansas governor and onetime presidential candidate Mike Huckabee made the bold prediction this week, ahead of a House hearing Wednesday that will feature witnesses of the attack.

    “I believe that before it’s all over, this president will not fill out his full term,” he said. “I know that puts me on a limb. But this is not minor. It wasn’t minor when Richard Nixon lied to the American people and worked with those in his administration to cover up what really happened in Watergate.

    “But, I remind you – as bad as Watergate was, because it broke the trust between the president and the people, no one died. This is more serious because four Americans did in fact die.”

    Meanwhile, John Bolton, former U.N. ambassador and now a senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, has also declared the Benghazi scandal could lead to Obama’s removal from office.

    “This could be the hinge point,” he told Newsmax. “It’s that serious for them.”

    Frank Gaffney, the president of the Center for Security Policy, wrote in a Washington Times column that “the dam seems to be breaking on the nearly eight-month-long cover-up concerning the deadly jihadist attack on Americans and their facilities in Benghazi, Libya.”

    After the foreign service facility in Benghazi was attacked, the Obama administration initially claimed Muslims spontaneously rioted over a little-known online video that defamed Islam’s founder.

    But now there is evidence that the administration knew from the beginning that it was a terrorist attack and altered its talking points.

    The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform is digging into the truth, holding a hearing that calls on those who were in Benghazi to explain what happened.

    The questions will probe who created the story that was delivered to America and why
    I think there's a better chance that several Finheaven users simultaneously win the lottery than Obama leaving office. I don't see any honor in politicians on either side. If this comes to that point the methods used to retain power will know no bounds.

    As "An idiot speaks" demonstrated above, about 50% of us cannot look at the present without justifying it based on the past. We're so busy fighting each other and trying to convince each other that the present guy is or isn't as bad as the last guy that we fail to unify our voices to stop all the BS regardless of party. We seem content on "our guy" getting even for the perceived sins of "their" guy.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,803
    vCash:
    5767
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    http://www.pakalertpress.com/2013/05...-leave-office/

    I think there's a better chance that several Finheaven users simultaneously win the lottery than Obama leaving office. I don't see any honor in politicians on either side. If this comes to that point the methods used to retain power will know no bounds.

    As "An idiot speaks" demonstrated above, about 50% of us cannot look at the present without justifying it based on the past. We're so busy fighting each other and trying to convince each other that the present guy is or isn't as bad as the last guy that we fail to unify our voices to stop all the BS regardless of party. We seem content on "our guy" getting even for the perceived sins of "their" guy.
    It's one of the main reasons I usually avoid political discussions on message boards. If someone criticizes "their guy" it usually results in "yeah, well your guy did....." It's rarely a defense of who they support or an acknowledgment of the criticism. They just assume you support the other guy and attack him. This goes for both sides too. Regarding many people, there isn't much difference between the blind support they give a particular politician as the blind support sports fans give whoever is on there favorite team.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Feedback on BENGHAZI
    By cuzinvinny in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-17-2012, 06:43 PM
  2. Video of F-15 ruins in Libya after US fighter jet crashes near Benghazi
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 02:35 PM
  3. Lies, Damned Lies, and Convention Speeches
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 01:44 AM
  4. Is Wannstedt finally seeing the light?
    By Noodle Arm in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 12:50 AM
  5. Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics: Miami v Chargers Revisited
    By xiidaen in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-29-2003, 01:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •