Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Benghazi lies finally come to light for everyone to see

1. -21
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cdz12250 View Post
    If the entire precept behind this whole Benghazi debate were that the American people wouldn't have re-elected Obama had they known from the start that what happened was a terrorist attack, the Republicans would be stroking themselves. Enough pictures of Obama bowing to a man in Arab robes were plastered on billboards all over America to make the point that Obama was supposedly weak on terrorism. That whole argument failed. Besides, the State Department admitted that it was a terrorist attack way before the election. It didn't make a difference in the election results.

This whole to-do about Benghazi is not the same kind of whining that the Democrats did when Gore lost the 2000 election to Bush. The election would have gone differently if all the Florida votes had been recounted; boo hoo. That can't be the strategic object of this exercise. The Republicans accept that they lost the 2012 election because they came across to minorities, women and young people as retrograde elitists, and because the demographics now dictate that you can't win a Presidential election with middle aged conservative white, rural and religious-centric votes if you alienate all those constituencies. The purpose of this whole exercise is to save up something with which to damage Hillary's campaign in 2016.

All politicians lie. Bush lied through his teeth to justify the Iraq war. The difference is that after these hearings are done, Bush won't be running, and the Republican candidate will be able to say Hillary lied personally. To boot, it will keep the Tea Party bunch outraged, angry and active. Obama isn't going anywhere. He's not the target. Hillary is, in a race against Rubio. But the Republicans will not change who they are by running Rubio against Hillary. They will simply change their front man to throw the Hispanics a bone and try to avert the same result as in 2012.
    Great post. You're spot on. Obama isn't going anywhere and everyone knows it. This is done solely to hurt Hillary, who seems to be the early front runner for the Democrats in 2016. And they are right to start campaigning against her even this early; she is ridiculously popular with women. She is going to be tough to beat. The Republicans better hope they have something more up their sleeve than a Latino candidate. They are woefully ignorant of Latinos if they think that will swing the vote their way. I can't speak for other parts of the country, but the Latinos here in the Southwest couldn't care less about someone being Cuban. We'll see how this shakes out, but it's obvious this is an early move against Hillary...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Benghazi lies finally come to light for everyone to see

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Great post. You're spot on. Obama isn't going anywhere and everyone knows it. This is done solely to hurt Hillary, who seems to be the early front runner for the Democrats in 2016. And they are right to start campaigning against her even this early; she is ridiculously popular with women. She is going to be tough to beat. The Republicans better hope they have something more up their sleeve than a Latino candidate. They are woefully ignorant of Latinos if they think that will swing the vote their way. I can't speak for other parts of the country, but the Latinos here in the Southwest couldn't care less about someone being Cuban. We'll see how this shakes out, but it's obvious this is an early move against Hillary...
    The fact of the matter is that everyone knew that Obama had far more Muslim roots than most of us conservatives would like before he was ever elected the first time...and he was elected anyway. Everyone knew that Bill Clinton would screw anything with a hole and a pulse (the pulse was actually just preferred but not required), and they elected him anyway. Why the Republicans insist in beating this tired drum rather than focusing on crap that matters, I have no idea. What I do know is that the country is sliding off into the abyss with the dismal leadership that we have been heaved with for the past 20 years or so. The Presidents, the Congress, and the courts have gone to crap. Every time we elect someone, it is a decision of whose special interest evils are the least instead of who can make us stronger.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    The fact of the matter is that everyone knew that Obama had far more Muslim roots than most of us conservatives would like before he was ever elected the first time...and he was elected anyway. Everyone knew that Bill Clinton would screw anything with a hole and a pulse (the pulse was actually just preferred but not required), and they elected him anyway. Why the Republicans insist in beating this tired drum rather than focusing on crap that matters, I have no idea. What I do know is that the country is sliding off into the abyss with the dismal leadership that we have been heaved with for the past 20 years or so. The Presidents, the Congress, and the courts have gone to crap. Every time we elect someone, it is a decision of whose special interest evils are the least instead of who can make us stronger.
    This country among others are controlled by international bankers, regardless of who is elected. They are all puppets.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Benghazi lies finally come to light for everyone to see

Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    This country among others are controlled by international bankers, regardless of who is elected. They are all puppets.
    Unfortunately, you are correct. It is time to take our nation back but first we need to accept that it will mean disrupting the status quo.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Latinos in Florida do care. The southwest isn't the prize, Florida is. I admit the republicans have a long way to go, but the Latino vote isn't bought and paid for like other minority groups are (que the "Jared is a racist" because he tells the truth comments). Benghazi isn't about Obama or even Hillary. 2014 is right around the corner and its safe the safe the democrats build a lot of traction after November. Since then, then administration misled the country about how severe the sequester wouldn't be, misled us on Benghazi, and now the whole IRS debacle. They are proving to be incompetent (which people like me knew all along). All this does is help the republicans in the midterm. they will hold on to the house, maybe gain a seat in the senateand continue to own the majority of state governments.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is done solely to hurt Hillary ... but it's obvious this is an early move against Hillary...
    This has nothing to do with ignoring warnings, security denials and stand down orders that resulted in four dead Americans?
    Im somewhat disappointed that more African Americans dont think for themselves and just go with whatever theyre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cdz12250 View Post
    ... the State Department admitted that it was a terrorist attack way before the election.
    Lying is okay as long as you eventually fess up?

You seem to be equating being wrong with knowingly lying and that doesn't fly in the adult world.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Latinos in Florida do care. The southwest isn't the prize, Florida is. I admit the republicans have a long way to go, but the Latino vote isn't bought and paid for like other minority groups are (que the "Jared is a racist" because he tells the truth comments). Benghazi isn't about Obama or even Hillary. 2014 is right around the corner and its safe the safe the democrats build a lot of traction after November. Since then, then administration misled the country about how severe the sequester wouldn't be, misled us on Benghazi, and now the whole IRS debacle. They are proving to be incompetent (which people like me knew all along). All this does is help the republicans in the midterm. they will hold on to the house, maybe gain a seat in the senateand continue to own the majority of state governments.
    The southwest isn't the prize? I hope that's not what the actual Republican party thinks. They lost Nevada, which has been a solid red state up until 2012. Colorado had been a swing state, but was never really in danger of going Red, despite the largest population of Evangelical Christians in the country in the state. New Mexico went red in 2004, and hasn't even sniffed close to red again since then. Polls show Arizona and Texas creeping further and further towards swing state territory. If the Republicans ever lose Texas as a red stronghold, they are in serious trouble. Florida might be the prize for 2016, but if they sleep on the growing Latino population in the west they are going to lose again in 2016...
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The southwest isn't the prize? I hope that's not what the actual Republican party thinks. They lost Nevada, which has been a solid red state up until 2012. Colorado had been a swing state, but was never really in danger of going Red, despite the largest population of Evangelical Christians in the country in the state. New Mexico went red in 2004, and hasn't even sniffed close to red again since then. Polls show Arizona and Texas creeping further and further towards swing state territory. If the Republicans ever lose Texas as a red stronghold, they are in serious trouble. Florida might be the prize for 2016, but if they sleep on the growing Latino population in the west they are going to lose again in 2016...
    the latino vote isnt in a dire state as you would hope. i was reading the final vote report the other day regarding demographics and latinos came to the poll the least of the 3 major racial voting blocks. blacks came in at the highest percentage. its safe to say, you wont have that same percentage next election for the black vote. both parties have a long way to go with hispanics. i cant speak for the SW. but here in florida, the hispanics are largely conservative minded individuals. if republicans stop acting like idiots (which seems to be difficult), this should be their vote. latino arent owned by any party, unlike the white (repub) and black (democrat) vote.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    the latino vote isnt in a dire state as you would hope. i was reading the final vote report the other day regarding demographics and latinos came to the poll the least of the 3 major racial voting blocks. blacks came in at the highest percentage. its safe to say, you wont have that same percentage next election for the black vote. both parties have a long way to go with hispanics. i cant speak for the SW. but here in florida, the hispanics are largely conservative minded individuals. if republicans stop acting like idiots (which seems to be difficult), this should be their vote. latino arent owned by any party, unlike the white (repub) and black (democrat) vote.
    I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment. Latinos over here tend to vote democrat, with something like a 70/30 or so split. But that's mainly because Republicans run their mouth ad nauseum about illegal immigrants, Mexicans, etc. If that stopped, it's tough to predict what would happen...
    Quote Quote