Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hartline: 'Fins have AFC East's Best WR Core

1. -1
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo

Hartline: 'Fins have AFC East's Best WR Core

The Miami Dolphins' new receiving corps has Ryan Tannehill oozing praise. Wide receiver Brian Hartline, who re-signed with the Dolphins earlier this offseason, concurs.

Hartline told "NFL AM" on Monday morning that the additions of Mike Wallace and tight end Dustin Keller give the Dolphins the best receivers in the AFC East.

"Absolutely, I think we are," Hartline said, mentioning Wallace, Keller and running backs Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas. "The whole passing game is an advantage of ours."

At first blush, it sounds like a bold statement from Hartline. Then you dissect the other options: The New York Jets' best receiver -- by far -- played four games last year; the New England Patriots downgraded from Wes Welker and their tight end duo has health concerns; and the Buffalo Bills are Stevie Johnson and the question-mark gang.

Hartline said Tannehill's improvement in his sophomore season will dictate how well the Dolphins do in 2013. The receiver believes the marriage between quarterback and a coaching staff, also in its second season, is playing a key role in the team's growth.

"A lot of (Tannehill's growth) has been the communication and the development between player and coach," Hartline said. "You can see coach (Joe) Philbin coming into his own as well, Mike Sherman feeling just more comfortable as coaching staff. Being able to use all different parts ... we have a lot of new parts. Although very important that we got them, it's also very important that we mesh and work together ... and that is something that we are working on now."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ns-top-wrs

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he really needs to stop talking. appreciate the confidence, however, he's got to let this thing sit a while. instead, he should be excited about the players, and maybe talkj about what they can do this year to improve - in other words, goals. maybe 8-10 TD's by himself, or running better routes in the redzone, or working on YAC. It is way too early to make these statements
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    I think that's kinda like saying "In The Valley Of The Blind, The Man With One Eye Is King." I think we are better than that.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Money is Power

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is right. He said nothing wrong. He was asked the question if he thinks that the dolphins have the best WR core in the AFC East. For you who says he needs to stop talking. What do you want him to say? No we are the worst in the AFC. (COME ON MAN).

If all of these pieces click, we will be a dangerous team to mess with. Adding alot of talent like we did does not always work out but hopefully it will for us.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with Hartline. We have the best WR class in the AFC East. Tell me what other teams in the AFC East have a better core of WR's? Did you even watch the video? He was asked a question and he answered it. What's he going to say? No, we have the worst and need to work to get there. So, why should he stop talking. It was an interview.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like the confidence but let's play a game first.
    2013 season highlights!!!!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/185466...ights/84988396
    Kel Barnes #23
    Yr:Jr
    Weight:190
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannchise View Post
    he really needs to stop talking. appreciate the confidence, however, he's got to let this thing sit a while. instead, he should be excited about the players, and maybe talkj about what they can do this year to improve - in other words, goals. maybe 8-10 TD's by himself, or running better routes in the redzone, or working on YAC. It is way too early to make these statements
    I agree he should learn to SHUT UP!!! Not a fan of players who run their mouths!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Being the best in the AFC East is no great accomplishment, would rather be the best in the conference or league
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    True!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is what I ABSOLUTELY HATE the most about how the media operate...

Someone ASKED him a question & that was his reply...

Without knowing the question asked, using it as a quote means that it will ALWAYS be out of context.

He didn't make a 'STATEMENT' about anything, he gave an interview & the dregs in the press did what they do...
    Quote Quote