Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Our players need to shut up right now.

1. -31
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    It doesn't impact it in any way, especially the completely harmless stuff Hartline has been saying.

#ThisIsn'tTwitter
    You know who I am afraid of? In a sport/fight/what have you? Not the people talking a wild game, I'm afraid of the people who say nothing at all.
    "Coach Sparano assured us at the beginning of the week, they win the turnover battle, they win the game," guard Richie Incognito said. "And we went out there, turned the ball over."
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

t now.

Quote Originally Posted by defiant View Post
    You know who I am afraid of? In a sport/fight/what have you? Not the people talking a wild game, I'm afraid of the people who say nothing at all.
    You really are straight from the 40s arent you?
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    bite my ..
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In this thread:
    1) OP Over-Reacting to players' remarks
    2) Members Over-Reacting to OP's remarks

You think what they say in these interviews is gonna change how teams prep for us?
    You think what they say in these interviews is gonna change how we produce week in and week out?

Probably not. Just more off-season fodder.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox Logo
Gift received at 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM from CallMeDaddyChevy Logo
Gift received at 06-24-2014, 08:43 PM from D0lphan72
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM from CalDolFan1014
Message: Checking to see if this really works.2013 Dolphins Logo
    lol what?! So you are saying you want the dolphins to be quiet, to help "fly under the radar". But now you are saying you are afraid of the quiet ones? how does this make any sense?! So perhaps the dolphins should talk big game, and no one will be afraid of them, and them BAM, win on sundays! yay!!!! We are going to win the SB this year! spread the word!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Our players need to shut up right now.

Hey defiant... Wallace just said it wont take Tannehill long to become a top QB and that he may throw the ball deeper than Big Ben.

Should we cut Wallace now? Or just try for a trade?
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Off the top of my head:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-to-be-great/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nship-offense/

What are we gaining from this? I understand our players have confidence, and I understand everyone is excited that Ireland went all-in, but there is something to be said for staying humble. This is a team that hasn't had a winning record in 5 years. The offense has been very below average all of those years. There is significant advantage to flying under the radar and being sneaky good. If you sit here, all offseason, with one player saying how great the team is going to be, you are not humble and you are getting the wrong kind of attention. Pouncey sitting up there, talking about how we are targetting the Patriots in a David vs. Goliath showdown. Once again, by all means we SHOULD be targeting the Patriots. BUT SHUT UP ABOUT IT. We, just like the Jets previous years, have not earned the right to say a word. The Patriots have ruled this division for a very long time and that can only change on the field, not by talking about it.

Sneak up on the giant and cut it's achilles tendon after the match has begun instead of throwing rocks at it while it is sleeping.
    We don't have a bunch of little bitches playing for us, these are grown ass men. And when we face other grown ass men, they need to know what the **** time it is.. "We Ready"
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lawrence Taylor, Deion Sanders, Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Floyd Mayweather.... pretty sure talent is the most important thing when it comes to winning.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Hey defiant... Wallace just said it wont take Tannehill long to become a top QB and that he may throw the ball deeper than Big Ben.

Should we cut Wallace now? Or just try for a trade?
    Yeah because that's not the most insane straw man argument ever made. I never said anyone should be cut, just that they should shut up and fly under the radar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by truedolfan57 View Post
    lol what?! So you are saying you want the dolphins to be quiet, to help "fly under the radar". But now you are saying you are afraid of the quiet ones? how does this make any sense?! So perhaps the dolphins should talk big game, and no one will be afraid of them, and them BAM, win on sundays! yay!!!! We are going to win the SB this year! spread the word!!!!!
    One is talking about my point of view. The other is talking about others' point of view. Naturally, they're not the same thing. Figure it out.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our players need to shut up right now.
    It's ironic that you started a thread endorsing "think more speak less" that IMO,actually more closely embodies that philosophy.

Congratulations: you're a frontrunner:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo...5/70l3xs-1.jpg

Dr Norman Vincent Peale, one of the founders in "The Power of Positive Thinking" would endorse our players' mindsets, as you've gotta "believe it to conceive it" always being the mental launching pad towards success. Beyond that as most everyone pointed out, these guys responded proudly to questions...they didn't blurt anything out unsolicitedly, nor with undue bravado. .

Quote Quote