Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official GTA V Thread

1. -1
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo

Official GTA V Thread

I know the game doesn't release for a few months, but still surprised that not a single topic has been discussing the best videogame franchise ever made. GTA San Andreas is my favorite game of all time, and will probably never change due to the fact that it was my first real game I played...and had hundreds of hours of fun with. I like freedom in videogames, which is why I enjoy GTA so much. GTA IV was great during the first few months to a year, but after that it just grew extremely dull. No other GTA (III, Vice City and San Andreas) ever had the dull effect on me like IV did. The reason why I am so pumped for V to release is because of the location...by far the most important aspect of this series. I missed flying around the countryside, mountains and deserts...maybe a reason why IV grew old so quick. So what are your thoughts on all the new info of GTA V? Instead of blabbering my ass off, I'll just hit you up with a link here on all the latest info: http://www.gtav.net/ (I won't give a direct link to all new info, you can just use this site on your own free will...it always has the latest info on the game.)
    Last edited by AFCMiamiEast; 05-19-2013 at 03:07 PM.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Official GTA V Thread

Well to be fair any GTA based in NYC doesn't have all that mountain and open area stuff. If you're really into that check out Red Dead Redemption. I used to ride around on the horse shooting bandits and animals for hours. What generation did you start playing video games if GTA SA was your first real game? Don't get me wrong its a hell of a game I just never beat it because at the end Sweet kept dying during the gang war. I wished he would hide somewhere and let me do all the work. I love GTA and its in my top 5 game series of all time and I will no life the **** out of GTA V. Any word on the exact date?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Disagree. I think GTA is horrible. Absolutely a terrible franchise...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Come on now... Thanks for trolling tho.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    Come on now... Thanks for trolling tho.
    I'm not trolling at all. And this is coming from someone who enjoys most of Rockstar's other games. Max Payne remains one of the better shooters released on this generation of consoles in my opinion. I just don't like GTA. At all. And I also hate the culture it's cultivated...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

I'm not trolling at all. And this is coming from someone who enjoys most of Rockstar's other games. Max Payne remains one of the better shooters released on this generation of consoles in my opinion. I just don't like GTA. At all. And I also hate the culture it's cultivated...
    Well I don't think GTA has anything to do with problems in our society but to each their own. I'm trying to catch up on Max Payne as we speak actually but I don't want to turn the GTA thread into a Max Payne one.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well to be fair any GTA based in NYC doesn't have all that mountain and open area stuff. If you're really into that check out Red Dead Redemption. I used to ride around on the horse shooting bandits and animals for hours. What generation did you start playing video games if GTA SA was your first real game? Don't get me wrong its a hell of a game I just never beat it because at the end Sweet kept dying during the gang war. I wished he would hide somewhere and let me do all the work. I love GTA and its in my top 5 game series of all time and I will no life the **** out of GTA V. Any word on the exact date?
    Yeah, I have beaten and gotten the 100% achievement for Red Dead. Great game, and my first generation of video games was the sega dreamcast lol, I just never really got into it before GTA III, VC, and SA (primarily SA). The release is set for September 17th of this year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good input, even better backing.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    Good input, even better backing.
    I could get into it more, but you GTA fanboys are worse that those little girls who masturbate with their hardback first edition Twilight books. No point in wasting my time with it. Very generic engine on the games, and their claim to fame is your ability to bang hookers and beat them up to get your money back. Ridiculous games...

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Well I don't think GTA has anything to do with problems in our society but to each their own. I'm trying to catch up on Max Payne as we speak actually but I don't want to turn the GTA thread into a Max Payne one.
    Good game, great story, and one of the more difficult games I've ever played. It was a welcome reprieve from most of the cookie-cutter shooters that are released these days...
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Name 1 more open world engine for PS2/Xbox era than the GTA triliogy. What's more open on the current generation than RDR which is based off the GTA engine? If anything I read complaints about your game Max Payne 3 being "Rockstarred" AKA plays like GTA. Sorry I'm just not seeing anything more than anti GTA masturbation in your post. If I called anyone a fanboy that masturbates like a girl with some book I would have an infraction in 2 seconds. I know this because I've gotten a few in my time here. I don't know how the political forum works but this isn't GameFAQs where we troll and crap in threads. Ridiculous.
    Never been on the gamefaqs forums, so can't comment on that. My comment was directed towards the poster who was being patronizing, not you. There is a difference between someone who enjoys a game, and a fanboy. Hopefully that was cleared up in the PM. My "Anti-GTA" is not an agenda, it's more of a personal preference. I find the games vanilla, bland, and only unique in that you get to do things our society considers taboo; which I believe is people's main attraction towards the franchise. Had the other poster been more respectful, I would have gladly expanded on why. Instead I got his usual patronizing and belligerent post, so I responded as such...
    Quote Quote