Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Circus Continues in JETS Land

1. -91
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: Circus Continues in JETS Land

Never mind. Rage post.

Remember. Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    guys like Dilfer and Simms have been very complimentary in the past, Namath came out and supported him the other day but all of that doesn't matter. I use my EYES, I don't need others to tell me how to think. I suggest you try it.

It wasn't a catch, sorry I know the rule and you don't.
    Lmao...

Dilfer? He's a Cali native and someone that works with Sanchez. Of course he isn't going to bad mouth him. And when he does compliment he always ends with, "well he's gotta get it done on the field", which he consistently struggles to do. Namath? are you kidding?

I don't need other people to tell me that Sanchez sucks, even though most people in the sports world do, I just used that as an example since you don't listen to anyone opinion on here. So I just worked a different angle to try to show you that your arguments are simply laughable...

We're trying to help you here Junc, don't you see? It'll be OK big guy...
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    It was proven, I quoted the official NFL rulebook. I have seen similar plays called incomplete a thousand times. Like I said at the time I think it should be a catch, it's a bad rule but it is a rule and based on the rulebook it should have been incomplete.
    You quoted the official NFL rulebook, but interpreted it incorrectly. Your interpretation was proven wrong with quotes from the official NFL rulebook, examples of other plays like it, and quotes from the former NFL Vice President of Officiating. The "I'm sorry I know the rule and you don't", doesn't work when you are saying that to the guy who spent 2 years as an NFL official enforcing those rules and 9 years as the Vice President of Officiating.
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfanaz View Post
    Lmao...

Dilfer? He's a Cali native and someone that works with Sanchez. Of course he isn't going to bad mouth him. And when he does compliment he always ends with, "well he's gotta get it done on the field", which he consistently struggles to do. Namath? are you kidding?

I don't need other people to tell me that Sanchez sucks, even though most people in the sports world do, I just used that as an example since you don't listen to anyone opinion on here. So I just worked a different angle to try to show you that your arguments are simply laughable...

We're trying to help you here Junc, don't you see? It'll be OK big guy...
    you asked, I told you and when did Dilfer work w/ Sanchez? You might be confusing him w/ Jeff Garcia.

I don't need validation, we have all seen he can succeed in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    You quoted the official NFL rulebook, but interpreted it incorrectly. Your interpretation was proven wrong with quotes from the official NFL rulebook, examples of other plays like it, and quotes from the former NFL Vice President of Officiating. The "I'm sorry I know the rule and you don't", doesn't work when you are saying that to the guy who spent 2 years as an NFL official enforcing those rules and 9 years as the Vice President of Officiating.
    No it wasn't, I interpreted it correctly. we went over it a million times last year.

Perreira has been wrong before, he usually tries to stick up for the officials. I have seen that call made a ton of times, the rulebook backed it up. Either way, who cares? I don't want to discuss the giants winning the SB again.
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    People can disagree all they want, I don't bash those that know the game. I may disagree but they bring up valid points, the ones I bash(the ones that bash me) are the ones that spew nonsense and have no idea what they are talking about.
    All you're saying is that if someone doesn't agree with you, they don't know the game. That is the definition of ignorance.

The sad thing is if you actually read my posts you'll find I am right much more often than I am wrong and I rarely post anything that can incite folks. I will give an example, I praise Zach Thomas as a really good player but b/c I don't slobber all over him and call him a HOFer(which I don't think he is) it means to you guys that I am bashing him. I post honest, educated opinions. if people can't handle it that is their problem. These discussions are supposed to be fun but they always turn b/c of whiny posters who can't deal w/a Jet fan who knows what he is talking about.
    I read your bull**** and you're already wrong about the Manningham catch so what now? Saying Zach Thomas isn't a HOF is not bashing him. Granted when it's your opinion vs. 1,000 others on here obviously the opinions are going to sway one way.

Quote Quote  

6. -96
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No it wasn't, I interpreted it correctly. we went over it a million times last year.

Perreira has been wrong before, he usually tries to stick up for the officials. I have seen that call made a ton of times, the rulebook backed it up. Either way, who cares? I don't want to discuss the giants winning the SB again.
    A million times...a ton of times....

Show us 10 plays that were similar to Manningham's catch
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not going over it, I don't have links to those plays but it has happened both for and against my team numerous times in the past decade. Most notably a would be catch by Wayne Chrebet at NE 2003 and a Coles TD that was wiped out vs. NO in 2005. Ask my stalker to look it up, I got into a big argument(as crazy as that sounds) w/ my Jets board over that one as they were all convinced we got screwed when in actuality they made the right call.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not going over it, I don't have links to those plays but it has happened both for and against my team numerous times in the past decade. Most notably a would be catch by Wayne Chrebet at NE 2003 and a Coles TD that was wiped out vs. NO in 2005. Ask my stalker to look it up, I got into a big argument(as crazy as that sounds) w/ my Jets board over that one as they were all convinced we got screwed when in actuality they made the right call.
    Of course it was the Jets that got screwed over twice...

We show you a clip that you negate and ask for clips in return that you don't have. Typically a jury would vote one way in an argument like that but then again there's no point in any of this since you'll never budge in your views.

Oh well.
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Of course it was the Jets that got screwed over twice...

We show you a clip that you negate and ask for clips in return that you don't have. Typically a jury would vote one way in an argument like that but then again there's no point in any of this since you'll never budge in your views.

Oh well.
    a similar one that went in our favor was against you guys w. Chris Chambers in 2002 at home.

what clip did you show me? I may have posted clips in the past, I don't recall. One game was a SUPER BOWL where there are a million clips online, the others were regular games. Stop being silly. Go back to the old thread, I posted the RULE from the OFFICIAL NFL rulebook. The ball moved slightly when he hit the ground, that is not deemed continuous possession. It should have been ruled incomplete, it wasn't.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One anonymous Jets player told Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com that “80 to 90 percent” of the locker room does not want quarterback Mark Sanchez under center. That's a strong statement, especially considering Sanchez is in a four-way quarterback competition.

"Everyone on the team likes Mark personally,” the Jets player said. “But there's a general feeling among some of the players that maybe it's time to give someone else a chance."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...biting-already

Apparently Jets players hate franchise quarterbacks. I mean, thats whats happening here, isnt it?

"I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote