Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One: New Microsoft console

1. -1
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

360 Xbox One: New Microsoft console

Xbox One reveal trailer: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/21...e-reveal-event
    Hardware demo: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/21...box-one-reveal
    Xbox dashboard demo: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/21...box-one-reveal

Controller:

Controller demo video: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/21...box-one-reveal

New Kinect:

Kinect demo: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/21...box-one-reveal

UPDATE:
    Side by side PS4/Xbox1 comparison chart:
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS...mparison_Chart
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

Not sure about anyone else, but so far this is much more impressive that the Playstation reveal. There is some stuff in here I don't totally buy yet, like switching between games and TV as fast as they show, but we shall see.
    Last edited by DisturbedShifty; 05-21-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Was there any information on using your current 360 hard drive on the new console? I'd HATE to lose all my data from 5+ years, and I am guessing your xbox live profile would transfer over?

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Xbox One: New Microsoft console

Xbox One is the death of Gamefly! I am getting it anyway I get all the major consoles. I like the controller and new kinect. To me kinect is the GOAT motion gaming. No wires no controllers simply awesome. Best thing is party chats its nice to not hear 10 year olds cussing by just joining my own party and making it private.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    Was there any information on using your current 360 hard drive on the new console? I'd HATE to lose all my data from 5+ years, and I am guessing your xbox live profile would transfer over?
    Didn't hear anything about that. But they are now counting down to E3. And it sounds like there is going to be a lot more information then. But I too hope everything can be transferred.

EDIT: Just found out gamer scores and achievements will port over to the XB1.
    Last edited by DisturbedShifty; 05-21-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Didn't hear anything about that. But they are now counting down to E3. And it sounds like there is going to be a lot more information then. But I too hope everything can be transferred.

EDIT: Just found out gamer scores and achievements will port over to the XB1.
    I saw that there was a 2 hour recap of the unveiling of the new console, but there is no way I'm listening in that long. Hopefully more info will be widely released within the next few weeks. I also heard that we will not be able to play 360 games on the new console which I think is a TOTAL buzz kill. GTA V will keep me occupied on the 360 for a long time, I'm definitely not going to be in a rush to get the console. Thanks for the post though man.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    I saw that there was a 2 hour recap of the unveiling of the new console, but there is no way I'm listening in that long. Hopefully more info will be widely released within the next few weeks. I also heard that we will not be able to play 360 games on the new console which I think is a TOTAL buzz kill. GTA V will keep me occupied on the 360 for a long time, I'm definitely not going to be in a rush to get the console. Thanks for the post though man.
    I have been hearing the same. Which is just stupid. On Sony's and Microsoft's part. Having backwards compatible systems goes a LONG way in driving people to buy the new console.

And I too will wait to get the new system until Halo 5 is announced. Just like I waited to get a 360 until Halo 3 was announced.

Remember. Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Not impressed, the ps4 seems much more games focused.

I understand why they dont do backwards compatibilty though... That stuff is expensive and pushes up the price at stores, when they took backwards compatiblity out of the ps3 the price was significantly cheaper.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer

The reason that the new Xbox and ps4 aren't backwards compatible is that they moved on from the powerpc chip to a more PC based x86. Wii is the only one sticking with PowerPC and it is why game devs are walking away from it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    The reason that the new Xbox and ps4 aren't backwards compatible is that they moved on from the powerpc chip to a more PC based x86. Wii is the only one sticking with PowerPC and it is why game devs are walking away from it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    That makes sense if they want to bring in the PC crowd.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    That makes sense if they want to bring in the PC crowd.
    I think it is more than that.
    PowerPC had been the way to go for dedicated systems(gaming rigs) for a long time.

Now with these gaming consoles behaving more like PC's and streamlining programming to the robust PC game market, the switch made perfect sense. I suspect they probably would have both done it during the last console wave, but neither had the balls to do it. Now any game designed for PC can be easily ported to your game console or vice versa.

Look at Nintendo. They are in DEEP doodoo. EA has walked out because it is not worth their time to try to make their games from the ground up just for Wii U.
    Who cares if your system is backwards compatible, if you can't any good new games.

I have always had the Xbox. Not for any particular reason just the one I picked.
    I love the move that Xbox will focus more on being the entertainment hub of the house. I already watch Netflix, Amazon, ESPN3,HBOGo through my xbox360. If they can continue to expand on these features it will only get better. I have I wife and kids now so my solo-gaming days are over. I am more of a casual gamer now so I am glad that the XBox has marketed itself as a household appliance and not just a gaming system. It is easier to justify.
    Quote Quote