Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One: New Microsoft console

1. -21
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan5000 View Post
    You wouldn't have responded so condescendingly if you weren't slightly riled up by what I said.
    LOL what in the world? This is why reading text is harder to comprehend (not taking a shot at you) than actually hearing someone's voice and tone. There was absolutely nothing that I said, or was intended that was "condescending"...whatever vibe you received from my reply, was wrong lol.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Can I play my friend's games on my console?

NO, not unless you're signed in as them. Otherwise you will have to pay, full-price, to access that game. The clearest stance on this comes from Eurogamer's†interview with Harrison: "I can come to your house and I can put the disc into your machine and I can sign in as me and we can play the game. The bits are on your hard drive. At the end of the play session, when I take my disc home - or even if I leave it with you - if you want to continue to play that game [on your profile] then you have to pay for it. The bits are already on your hard drive, so it's just a question of going to our [online] store and buying the game, and then it's instantly available to play. The bits that are on the disc, I can give to anybody else, but if we both want to play it at the same time, we both have to own it. That's no different to how discs operate today."
    Microsoft's Major Nelson (Larry Hyrb) put it this way: "Should you choose to play your game at your friendís house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile." But then if you go home and leave the disc with your friend, they will have to pay for that game if they want to play it on their own profile.
    There is something that I am not comprehending here...how does the console know that you didn't buy the disc yourself? Or is it all downloaded and this is why? Pardon my blabbering right now...I didn't have a single second of sleep last night and am running off 30+ straight hours without rest lol. And does not having backwards compatible on the new console mean that we can't play 360 games on the Xbox One?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: Xbox One: New Microsoft console

Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    There is something that I am not comprehending here...how does the console know that you didn't buy the disc yourself? Or is it all downloaded and this is why? Pardon my blabbering right now...I didn't have a single second of sleep last night and am running off 30+ straight hours without rest lol. And does not having backwards compatible on the new console mean that we can't play 360 games on the Xbox One?
    Yes to both. I'm sure they are going to include a code that you will have to enter once you put the game in the console. And so long as that code is attached to your gamertag, via cloud I'm sure, you can play it at a buddies house.

As for 360 games. NONE of the 360 will work on the XB1. Which really sucks. I don't care what the reason. I hate that there is no backwards compatibility.

Remember. Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Yes to both. I'm sure they are going to include a code that you will have to enter once you put the game in the console. And so long as that code is attached to your gamertag, via cloud I'm sure, you can play it at a buddies house.

As for 360 games. NONE of the 360 will work on the XB1. Which really sucks. I don't care what the reason. I hate that there is no backwards compatibility.

They want your extra money. I love how slim PS3s couldn't be backwards compatible but I can rebuy Firepro Wrestling Returns which worked perfect on my old PS3 fat before it YLOD on me. So now if I want to play this game I can fork over another $10 to play it. I have a PS2 but this game in particular uses a lot of save sharing which is easier on a current gen console vs buying Action Replay and fooling around with that. I'm a sucker and will eventually hand Sony $10 for a game I bought in 2008 just so I don't have to buy an Action Replay. Now multiply my story by millions and cha-ching!
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Mark my words, I'll get mine

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anyway E3 will tell us more, hopefully Microsoft has some tricks up their sleeves (for their sake) and Sony listens to people's thoughts on the details of the XB1 and counters that. Either way, should be cool to see what both companies have in store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    Writing good things about Zach Thomas is like writing good things about Jesus. I could write, but really every one knows.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Guaranteed Sony is considering something similar. Microsoft would be killing their own market by giving Sony a distinct advantage like that. If Sony wasn't doing it, Microsoft wouldn't be. This is capitalism 101...
    There seems to be some contention within Sony about that. I remember last year the head of Sony America (or something like that) said that banning used games would be a mistake.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    There seems to be some contention within Sony about that. I remember last year the head of Sony America (or something like that) said that banning used games would be a mistake.
    Sony may think so. But the game developers think otherwise. They are losing out on a ton of money because of the used game market. It is the developers that are pushing Sony and Microsoft to do something about it.

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Sony have specifcally said they are not banning used games on the PS4. They said publishers may be given the choice on a case to case basis through tech (much like the codes already in use for pc games and online console titles) but sony will not prevent used games running on the system
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Sony have specifcally said they are not banning used games on the PS4. They said publishers may be given the choice on a case to case basis through tech (much like the codes already in use for pc games and online console titles) but sony will not prevent used games running on the system
    I'd like to see a link to that. Because everything I've heard up to this point is that both companies were looking into it.

I'm not saying I doubt you, because if true, I agree with Sony. I think it would be a big mistake to cut out the used game market.

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

I'd like to see a link to that. Because everything I've heard up to this point is that both companies were looking into it.

I'm not saying I doubt you, because if true, I agree with Sony. I think it would be a big mistake to cut out the used game market.

It was in a press release a day or two after the annoucenent conference.. Im on my phone but il look for it at some point when im home. But the PS4 will be compatible, though like I said Sony have said they wouldnt stop individual devs and publishers putting systems into place.

It was certainly considered by both but I would highly doubt either company would outright bar preowned on these systems.... Its a smart and easily justified decision but the market isnt ready for it yet.

In the ps5 generation pre owned will be dead, much like the current PC system most console games will be digital downlods bound to accounts. Consoles are finally starting to slowly shift towards this..and its about time!

Sony have spent masses of money on streaming tech for the PS4 for back catelogue and ps4 games and this is just the start of a gradual shift... Which imo is for the best. I am mainly a pc gamer these days and I honestly dont know when I last put a cd in my pc nevermind bought a game on disc.
    Quote Quote