Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some photos I took at Sun Life Stadium team store

1. -31
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua and Orange View Post
    Great to know the mini helmet I got will be accurate. I was actually considering getting a full size helmet because I am such a fan of the new scheme.

I too am a long suffering fan who manages to always get the jersey of the player who sucks for the team or gets waived. Its almost a skill of mine. Only reason I got a Jordan jersey is that my name is Jordan, so even if the player sucks I will have a jersey with my name on it.
    Here is a photo of my mini helmet.

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 72 silky View Post
    Is it just me? The dolphin on the helmet is more flat where as the dolphin on the truck is more angled up
    They are different. The logo on the truck was the original intention. The Dolphins' brass never contemplated that the reverse C posture of the dolphin didn't work well on the helmet, violating common sense by running opposite of the natural curvature, leaving a motion sickness effect. Subsequently they have quietly tinkered with the angle of the logo itself, and the slant of the tail, as it applies to the helmet. I've seen at least three different versions. The version in the store may be the latest evolution, soon to replace anything that appeared during OTAs.

All you have to do is check the background of that picture with Griese, Marino and Tannehill to unveil the new uniforms. There's a helmet with the new logo between Griese and Tannehill. It's the truck version, with the severe upward slant and curved tail. That's certainly not what we are seeing today on the helmets.

I give them credit for partially salvaging a bad situation.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Middletown, Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great pics. One day ... :sigh:

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    They are different. The logo on the truck was the original intention. The Dolphins' brass never contemplated that the reverse C posture of the dolphin didn't work well on the helmet, violating common sense by running opposite of the natural curvature, leaving a motion sickness effect. Subsequently they have quietly tinkered with the angle of the logo itself, and the slant of the tail, as it applies to the helmet. I've seen at least three different versions. The version in the store may be the latest evolution, soon to replace anything that appeared during OTAs.

All you have to do is check the background of that picture with Griese, Marino and Tannehill to unveil the new uniforms. There's a helmet with the new logo between Griese and Tannehill. It's the truck version, with the severe upward slant and curved tail. That's certainly not what we are seeing today on the helmets.

You are wrong, they are the same. The photo I took doesn't give the helmet justice. Once you see the helmet in person, as I have, you will see that they are the same.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

The upward angle is a good change along with the non-helmet on the dolphin.

Maybe some fans need to buy a helmet and get a heat gun to level the logo to their liking.Heck one could also buy the car door sticker and put it any angle they want.
    Last edited by Phindog; 05-25-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i wonder how much that truck would cost
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Can we get the New Era aqua hats out already!

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Finfansince75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks Nubs

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks

Still not impressed? I understand
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    A very famous spit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They nailed the colors.

I was very fearful of what Mike Dee and co. would do the beloved logo, but all in all it's very exciting.

Now if they can do something about that dump of a stadium....
    Quote Quote