Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: who was better Zach or Jason?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION who was better Zach or Jason?

I grew up watching these guys and owned both of there jerseys.they made me proud of being a phins fan.had a late night and keep trying to figure out just who was the better player of the two.Zach was just a monster some of his hits were just sick.i remember the year we drafted him we brought in some big name FA to play where he was set to play.but Zach beat him out in training camp and he never looked back.Jason was just a freek of nature under sized but had a motor that just would not quit.it was nice to see them both play every sunday for this team.so my vote goes to ZACH TAYLOR
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    Whoa, that's like asking a parent to pick which kid they love the best. I can't do it- to me im glad they both were a part of our team's legacy.

Every time I see a stupid post I remind myself we don't have this guy as a fan
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    We are well into the offseason now lol I m really going to miss hard knocks
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jason Taylor was better!!!
    2014 stats!!!
    Wk#1. 12 carries 172yds 3tds. (48-50-5)
    Wk#2. 24 carries 56yds 2tds. (4) 93yd kick return td
    Wk#3. 14 carries 94yds 1 td (51)
    Wk#4. 14 Carries 95 yds 2 tds (1-19)2 rec 47yds (39)td
    Wk#5. 30 carries 163yds 1td (9) 1 rec 20yds.
    2013 season highlights!!!!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/185466...ights/84988396
    Kel Barnes #23
    Yr:Jr
    Weight:190
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have to go with JT. As much as I liked Thomas (and I will likely take some backlash from this), Thomas just didn't make enough game changing plays. JT did. However, that doesn't take away from ZT being a hustler and a perennial over achiever. The guy played with more heart than almost anyone I have ever watched.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As a player you have to go with JT.Now, if you mean the better overall "Dolphin" no doubt it would be Zach. The fact that he refused to player for a Division rival and JT played for one, the worst one of the bunch, elevated Zach in my eyes and diminish JT. I personally will ALWAYS remember that decision.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Jason Taylor. One of favorite plays in watching football was Taylor picking up a fumble or getting a pick and running the other way. One of the most exciting plays in Fins' history.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Loserville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    JT had more talent, but Zach had more heart. I enjoyed watching Zack play as he was always around the ball. Zach also attended more pro bowls.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Up and Comer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PS4 ControllerTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    JT, one of the best Dolphin's defenders of all time. Although, ZT was BEAST! I have his bobblehead on my desk!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As far as play styles they were the polar opposites. Zach Thomas lacked size, lacked speed, lacked quickness, lacked athleticism, and even after a stellar career in college never really generated much interest because his measurables were uniformly poor. But, he played a position where knowledge, intelligence and anticipation give players a profound edge. Thomas' instinct was second to none. Thomas produced takeaways like nobody's business for a MLB. He forced fumbles, recovered them, and put him self in the right place at the right time to make interceptions. He marshaled the defense and got the best out of his teammates by consistently putting them in position to win. We were very fortunate to have Zach Thomas, who was an exceptional player.

That being said, Jason Taylor was even more special IMHO. Blessed with one of the best bursts by a big man I've ever seen on a football field--possibly only guy in the same league as a young Jevon Kearse--he also had insane length at 6'6 with long wiry arms. The mind-blowing thing about Jason Taylor that was always underestimated was that his strength at the point of attack was exceptional despite always giving up 30 or so pounds to stronger and more leveraged guys on the edge. His arm strength was phenomenal, as he effortlessly disengaged from blocks and used his excellent wingspan to cover a lot of ground. Sure, we all know about his insane first step and his jaw-dropping lateral agility that made him a nightmare as a pass rusher, but he was also a stronger version of Raider's great Ted Hendricks against the run.

If forced to choose, I'd say that the home-schooled complete under-the-radar do-it-all Akron Zip who dominated every level of competition (including the collegiate all-star games) became the greater pro. IMHO, Jason Taylor is a 1st ballot HOF'er.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote