Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: who was better Zach or Jason?

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    ZT was a better player imo, jt was a play maker. zt was consistent.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Zach was the better player, Taylor the flashier player
    I agree, both could/should be in the HOF when it's all over.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry....being a fan since 1970...I would only pick the one that wasn't on a defense that ALWAYS got punked out in the playoffs.
    I loved Zack and JT,but I think we overate them,as Dolphin fans.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    Sorry....being a fan since 1970...I would only pick the one that wasn't on a defense that ALWAYS got punked out in the playoffs.
    I loved Zack and JT,but I think we overate them,as Dolphin fans.
    I think this is a good point, and one I've pondered a lot recently given all of these ZT/JT Hall of Fame threads. If both ZT/JT are first ballot Hall of Famers, and they played along with multiple Pro Bowlers on the defensive line and in the secondary, then why did they come up short when it counted every time? Why couldn't they win one of the last 2 games in 2002 against non-playoff teams instead of giving up 4th quarter leads? Why couldn't they ever carry the team further than the second round of the playoffs?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

who was better Zach or Jason?

Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    zach thomas...as instinctual a mike backer as you'll find...size and physical tools only thing that kept him from being one of the all time greats...

jason taylor went ghost in every big game that mattered...you could set your watch to a jason taylor no show when you needed him most...
    Uhhhh do you remember Kevin Mawee dominating Zack Thomas every time we played the Jets?

BUT, I kind of agree with what you are saying. JT had a load of garbage time sacks and both players came up short when it mattered the most.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    Uhhhh do you remember Kevin Mawee dominating Zack Thomas every time we played the Jets?

BUT, I kind of agree with what you are saying. JT had a load of garbage time sacks and both players came up short when it mattered the most.
    fair point about mawae he did eat zachs lunch...but again that was as much about zachs small size than anything..zach was a guy that needed to be clean...so some of that imo goes directly to the dts in front of hims inability to keep mawae from getting to him or maybe some flaws in the scheme exposed by the jets and mawaes movement skills...and and i said his size set him back from what he could have been...mawae was a monster though too for a good while there...more dominant than mangold has been over a longer period of time...

and yeah jt had all kind of stats against also rans...

honestly neither of these guys deserve any first ballot hall of fame stuff...jason taylor isn't bruce smith and zachs no ray lewis...and yeah the d always sucked the big one when it mattered most...like they just fell off the table...i blame a lot of that though on jason taylor not making any plays to get us off the field on the edge...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    how did we go from who was the better player to they both were garbage in crunch time
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allsilverdreams View Post
    how did we go from who was the better player to they both were garbage in crunch time
    Most of us older,Phin fans,...well, we've seen better middle linebackers and defensive ends play for our team.One's that not only WON playoff games,but
    Super Bowls....not get HUMILIATED in the playoffs.Like I said..I loved Zack and JT...but we have had better.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think JT had more of an impact on games than Zach. As much as I loved Zach Thomas he also had the benefit of guys like Tim Bowens and Daryl Gardner eating up offensive linemen freeing him up to rack up tackles. That D did get beat in a lot of games but at least it carried a bad offense and got us to meaningful late season games consistently. Grew up on that team and miss those days.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Have to go with Taylor, though both were good players who impacted the game in their own way.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote