Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Miami Dolphins Wide Receiver Armon Binns has Coaching Staff Excited !

1. -51
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I've not heard this.
    maybe I did imagine it

But I just spotted this

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley now
    Mike Wallace missed practice today to attend to a family emergency, the Miami Herald has learned. He is fine.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah that just came out. Hope everything's ok.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Binns does have a knack for getting open. Even the small amount of film from a year ago showed that much. He just wasn't finishing plays as much as you'd want.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The other guy I think who is probably an underrated red zone threat by people is Michael Egnew. Now, I didn't like him at Missouri, didn't like the pick, but lost in the "he's soft" narrative is the fact that he's always been very good in 50/50 jump ball type situations. Always showed a lot of want to there. Look at his big highlight from the preseason, making a contested effort catch. That's really his bread and butter, not the seam threat stuff or showing a knack for getting open, despite his size/speed combo. Didn't see that at Missouri and don't expect to, though I'm always ready to be proved wrong and have a player turn out to be good.

Anyway, if Egnew is legitimate enough to put on the field at all one of the first packages I'd have him in on is split wide on 10 yard line and in type of situations (including goal line), just like the way the Saints use Jimmy Graham in that area of the field. Match him up man for man on a linebacker and safety and throw the fade or slant, depending on the defender and the pre-snap leverage. He could be very effective in that role, imo. He's an absolutely tremendous leaper for his size... having a 37 inch vert and 11+ foot broad jump at 6'5, 250 puts you in Calvin Johnson's class, though he's a bit awkward and lacks nuance. But I think if you throw it up there and let his physical ability take over good things will happen.

The other guy I'm intrigued to see in the red zone is Rishard Matthews. He showed in preseason last year the lower body strength to break tackles and out muscle people that few of our receivers have. I don't know what his arm length measurements are but he seems to have long ones for his size. That's big in the red zone. Anyway, physical players and physically talented players are the ones that score touchdowns, imo. And we sort of lack both, especially at WR.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    It's interesting you said this since today at OTAs with Mike Wallace out for unexplained reasons it was Armon Binns who took his place as the starter opposite Brian Hartline.
    yeah, but we all know its shaking out this way. It just falls into the "everyone plays everywhere" mode so why not throw him in their and see how he does?

whatever the case, I am pulling for Binns. and matthews, and Gibson. I like them all. from crap to complete depth and star power.

head and shoulders above last year at this time.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dion Simms could be the red zone threat we need, he's huge, has great hands and he was recruited as a basketball player by Michigan. If he's smart enough to grasp the playbook and has the work ethic he could pick up right where Fasano left off with the red zone production.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Binns is making plays but also dropping some. He needs to make more plays.
    Quote Quote