Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Scary Schedule?

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

Dolphins Scary Schedule?

I've read a number of posts saying how Miami has a very tuff schedule to deal with this year. I don't see it that way.

The Pats are still VG but, I think they lost more than they gained. Then there is Atlanta and NO, both VG but, not scary good. Baltimore lost a lot, and Pitt is not as good as well. So, where is this year's schedule scary?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    3rd Year QB Proving my Worth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PS4 ControllerTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    I think just based off of the opposing QB's our defense will face is where most of the uneasiness comes from. We just have to hope the secondary holds up and we get to the QB early and often.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's mainly the QBs that scare me, but if we start out pretty well, we can make a run for the playoffs.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Luck , john beck , Brees and Flacco. That's quite a test for our new secondary and linebackers.

I do like the way the schedule ends with the Jets twice , New England and the BIlls plus Pittsburg.
    Win those 4 division games and we are playoff bound.

cool sig SMF
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 05-28-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You make the playoffs with this schedule and you better be talking Super Bowl. This is one of those rare years where there is really no medium, it is either going to get really ugly or end up on cloud nine.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I've read a number of posts saying how Miami has a very tuff schedule to deal with this year. I don't see it that way.

The Pats are still VG but, I think they lost more than they gained. Then there is Atlanta and NO, both VG but, not scary good. Baltimore lost a lot, and Pitt is not as good as well. So, where is this year's schedule scary?
    I look at it as Brady, Ryan, Brees, Flacco and Big Ben. Thats a tall order. You can knock their offseason moves and say they've lost more than they gained but they still have studs at the most important position
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just like every year we will win a game we should lose and lose a game we should win. We play a ELITE QBs (Big Ben, Brady, Brees) 4 times, GREAT QBs (Ryan, Flacco) 2 times, and inconsistently very good to great QBs (Dalton, Newton) 2 times and throw in Luck also in there 1 game. That's 9 games vs QBs who are either better for the most part or on par with Tannehill and a few have ELITE WRs (White and Jones, AJ Green, Steve Smtih) coming to town. That's no easy schedule.

The Browns game is a MUST win and then we need to upset/steal 1 out of the next four. If we go into the bye week 2-3, I think the playoffs are very realistic at that point.
    ______________ ________________
    *********Here's what happened the last time we traded for a Coach ******************* Lets do it again!! *************
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    It's mainly the QBs that scare me, but if we start out pretty well, we can make a run for the playoffs.
    LOL

Epic sig...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Having a tough schedule is a good thing, it means when you go out there and lose by 3 or win by 3 you know next team thats on their level is capable of being beat especially by you.

I never ever enjoyed playing easy teams during my time, NEVER. 1) its boring even for hte players 2) you lack interest because you know they arne't hte best 3) you always want to beat hte best becasue it shows where you stand as a team.

The problem comes when you don't have players on your team wiht the same mindset thats when you get crushed but the difference this year is we got a lot of ELITE talent or VERY GOOD talent that view the game in teh same light so Miami has a shot. Grimes is top 3 in the NFL when healthy, than you added Davis and Taylor to what we had last year and thats a major improvement not only talent wise but MENTALITY and STANDARDS. Then you view our pass rush with Jordan now, you view the LBers and most importantly on offense they all feel great now because of Keller Gibson and Wallace. You can't say this organization has felt this good about itself the past 10 years. Especially with 1 key factor in all this, TANNEHILL.

I haven't been this excited in years. I remember they always say the team with the tough road to the SB has it hard, well no **** but guess what? most of the times they did the best becasue they are AMPED UP EVERY WEEK. When you play a ****ty team than a good team its REALLY hard as a player to go from playing hard at 70% to hard at 100% for 60 minutes. As much as you want to say you should go hard at 100% every game no matter the opponent taht doesn't happen. If you played in any organization whether it be basketball or football or anything at any level you would know that it is very common for that to happen. Thats why they say the easiest games are the hardest games to win because.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    I look at it as Brady, Ryan, Brees, Flacco and Big Ben. Thats a tall order. You can knock their offseason moves and say they've lost more than they gained but they still have studs at the most important position
    I dont disagree with your post, but just wanted to point out some of the other quarterbacks we face that have been overlooked.

Cam Newton: while he certainly had a sophmore slump, people forget he overcame it late in the season. In his last 6 games, he won 5 of them while throwing 10 tds and 2 interceptions. He also added 4 rushing tds. I dont think he will be able to carry the team this season, as he lost his offensive coordinator and the team didnt add any weapons, but i wouldnt sleep on him.

Andy Dalton: 2 consecutive playoff trips and now is surrounded by a ton of weapons. The Bengals believe the lack of experience from their receivers has held Dalton back in the playoffs. It makes sense, as his most experienced weapon was Gresham who is only 24. More experience and more talent will help them.

Phillip Rivers: the guy is only 2 seasons removed from arguably his best year. If McCoy can make Tebow looked half competent, then he should do alright with Rivers.

Josh Freeman: the only person their franchise who isnt sold on Freeman is their coach. The front office still loves the guy. Hes dealt with alot the last few years(inconsistent coaching, constant changes), but is only a few months older then Tannehill. Experience and another year in his system/weapons should help him.

Brandon Weeden: no doubt this mention will rile people up, but he wasnt as terrible as people make him out to be last season. He wasnt a total bust. He wasnt Blaine Gabbert. He showed some flashes. Norv Turner might be a horrible head coach but hes proven to be a top tier assistant. They should be implementing a system that is better suited to Weeden. Im not willing to write him off.

Andrew Luck: Fishfan already mentioned him. It should be obvious why hes considered a top quarterback despite his youth.

Excepting perhaps Weeden, i could see any of those quarterbacks having a big game against us. And that doesnt include the "elite" qbs JTes listed. As well, im not sold that the Saints, Steelers, and Ravens should be written off as "lost a lot". The Steelers will have players returning from injury and younger guys stepping up. Over the years theyve drafted players who have sat on the bench waiting for a chance, now they should be rotating in. They might not be their Superbowl teams, but i cant see them not making the playoffs(barring injuries of course). As long as they have their quarterback and head coach they should be fine. The last 2 sentences can describe the Saints as well.

As for the Ravens, losing Boldin was huge. Their offense will struggle as it relies on Torrey Smith and their tight ends more. That said, their defense should be fine. Ray Lewis was almost a liability last season and Kruger was invisible until the playoffs(granted, a great time to step up). The addition of Elvis Dumervil will be huge, it will make their pass rush alot more consistent. For years theyve been searching for someone to play across from Suggs and they finally have him. Both Arthur Brown and Matt Elam should be competent enough to replace Reed and Ellerbe. Their defense will be different, relying more on pass rush then in previous years, but "different" doesnt always mean "inferior".

6 games against quarterbacks who can be considered elite and a handful of games against quarterbacks who have shown promise. And thats only mostly talking about the quarterbacks, not their teams. Thats a damn tough schedule.

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 2
    Quote Quote