Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Scary Schedule?

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    Having a tough schedule is a good thing, it means when you go out there and lose by 3 or win by 3 you know next team thats on their level is capable of being beat especially by you.

I never ever enjoyed playing easy teams during my time, NEVER. 1) its boring even for hte players 2) you lack interest because you know they arne't hte best 3) you always want to beat hte best becasue it shows where you stand as a team.

The problem comes when you don't have players on your team wiht the same mindset thats when you get crushed but the difference this year is we got a lot of ELITE talent or VERY GOOD talent that view the game in teh same light so Miami has a shot. Grimes is top 3 in the NFL when healthy, than you added Davis and Taylor to what we had last year and thats a major improvement not only talent wise but MENTALITY and STANDARDS. Then you view our pass rush with Jordan now, you view the LBers and most importantly on offense they all feel great now because of Keller Gibson and Wallace. You can't say this organization has felt this good about itself the past 10 years. Especially with 1 key factor in all this, TANNEHILL.

I haven't been this excited in years. I remember they always say the team with the tough road to the SB has it hard, well no **** but guess what? most of the times they did the best becasue they are AMPED UP EVERY WEEK. When you play a ****ty team than a good team its REALLY hard as a player to go from playing hard at 70% to hard at 100% for 60 minutes. As much as you want to say you should go hard at 100% every game no matter the opponent taht doesn't happen. If you played in any organization whether it be basketball or football or anything at any level you would know that it is very common for that to happen. Thats why they say the easiest games are the hardest games to win because.
    That all sounds great in theory, but when we get to the big picture (playoff/Super Bowl chances) I highly doubt all of that adds up to a tough schedule being preferable to an easy schedule.

You can get into all of the psychological mumbo jumbo you want, but the fact of the matter is that winning games > losing games. If an easier schedule gives us a better chance to make the playoffs (it does), I want an easier schedule.

I'd also like to see one source that ever claimed Brent Grimes was top 3 at his position. I've never heard anyone say that.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To me, the 1st game is vital. We must get a win in Cleveland. It is a winnable game and a must win for this team. Lose it and we are in for a rough next 4. Win it and then go find a way to win in Indy and the season begins to unfold in our favor. Got to get the win in the Dog Pound!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The NFL has alot of good QBs right now. If you cannot go .500 against quality teams the playoffs are not for you.....I don't want another Pennington year against the crap teams of the leaguse and get blown out in the wildcard round. We either belong or hopefully we show improvement where we almost belong.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Scary? No. Tough? Yes.

We'll quickly find out the identity of the this team in the first game against the Browns. While the Browns haven't been very good at all, like us they are underrated and a team on the rise. Defending Jabaal Sheard, Paul Kruger, and rookie Barkevious Mingo at DE/OLB spots along with Ahtyba Rubin and Phil Taylor (underrated DTs) will be interesting for our O-Line. They don't have much at LB besides D'Qwell Jackson so there should be some success on the ground. While their pass D was off in 2012 with an injured Joe Haden, ranked 23rd, they were 10th with a healthy Haden in 2011. He'll most likely give Wallace fits with his physicality while rookie Leon McFadden will most likely start opposite of him. Our receivers should also bewarof TJ Ward going across the middle at safety. Their offense could click after the acquisition of Norv Turner as their OC. Trent Richardson at RB will be priority #1 for the defense to stop as he runs behind a pretty good O-Line with Pro-Bowler Joe Thomas leading the way. Josh Gordon would then be next. Ironic that the best rookie WR last year wasn't even drafted LOL. This guy is no joke and can take the top off of a secondary like it's nothing. His big build, 6'3 225 lbs, should pose a problem for our corners although that Brent Grimes' forte is handling bigger receivers. After him is an old friend by the name of Davone Bess. No need for a summary. Greg Little is another big WR who could pose a problem, but he is inconsistent and has a case of the "dropsies." They have basically nothing at TE so that's a plus. Finally there's Brandon Weeden, one of the rookie QBs of 2012 although he's 5+ years older than everyone else. While he isn't one of the greats he could improve just like Tannehill should in their second season.

If we can win that game I feel that 3-2 before the bye (@Clev, @Ind, vs Bal) is very reasonable. The rest of the schedule isn't difficult though we deal with Tom Brady twice, Andy Dalton, Cam Newton, Phillip Rivers, Big Ben, and Josh Freeman. AJ Green, Steve Smith, Antonio Brown, Vincent Jackson, and Mike Williams will be difficult matchups also. 6-7 wins isn't out of the question down the stretch.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    The sked is tough early. We could fall out early. I am looking at being 2-3 going into the bye. If the Fins do that, I would be pumped and maybe go to the playoffs. Just have to survive the early tide.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Right now it is ranked #7 in SOS. We play 6 different playoff teams, the Super Bowl Champs and at the Jets, Bills and Steelers. Those will be three tough road games. As easily as you can say a specific team has lost a lot, I'll counter with the Dolphins have a lot of new bodies and no chemistry. Instead of trying to minimize it, why do you see it as not being so tough?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami's home field advantage is hot weather games in the early season summer month of September. We only have 1 home game in our first 4 or 5 games. No home field advantage. On the flip side, we play at 4 cold weather teams late in the season. That's not an even tradeoff.

We will be hard pressed to even go 2-3 in our first 5 games. Most of the season we could be playing catch up for a playoff spot. It may give us a real gut check early.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't have any stats for you. I don't have any numbers either.
    I do know we have a solid opportunity.
    We have a chance.
    We can succeed in 2013.
    We need full attendance at home games.
    The team needs us to have their backs for a change.
    Only time will tell.
    I feel good about all of it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    4 game losing streak to Browns who we face in week 1, we last beat the Browns in 2004
    4 game losing streak to Colts who we face in week 2, we last beat the colts in 2002
    2 game losing streak to Falcons who we face in week 3, we last beat the falcons in 2001
    1 game losing streak to Saints who we face in week4, we last beat the Saints in 2005
    3 game losing streak to Ravens who we face in week 5, we last beat the ravens in 2007

0-14 streak vs the 1st 5 teams we face this year and we havent beat any of them in a long time.

History says it is a tuff schedule.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dolphins Scary Schedule?

Joe Philbin eats tough schedules for lunch. If we want to be one of the big boys then this is the way to do it.

Marino.... Huard, Feidler, Lucas, Griese, Rosenfels, Feeley, Frerrote, Green, Culpepper, Harrington, Lemon, Beck, Thigpen, Pennington, Henne, Moore... Tannehill.

'Bout damn time!
    Quote Quote