Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: NFL officially moves NFL Draft to May

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    Roman529's Avatar
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    34,215
    vCash:
    10727
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks

    NFL officially moves NFL Draft to May



    Roger Goodell is ruining things and has way too much power. I used to like the two day draft that was done over the weekend. Now we have to wait another month for the draft.

    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/n...,6195944.story
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    SMadison29's Avatar
    What Sherman aspires to be

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2001
    Posts:
    8,486
    vCash:
    2158
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the three day draft, I just wish it was the 1st & 2nd rounds on the first night, 3rd & 4th on the second night, & the rest on the last day.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Roman529's Avatar
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    34,215
    vCash:
    10727
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29 View Post
    I like the three day draft, I just wish it was the 1st & 2nd rounds on the first night, 3rd & 4th on the second night, & the rest on the last day.
    Yeah the first two rounds on Opening Night would be great....but it would probably last 5-6 hours if they did this. Nobody would probably tune in for Day Two to watch the third round and later? I guess waiting 3-4 more weeks will be ok, but it just seems like forever from when the Superbowl ends until the draft starts. They should maybe have an NFL developmental league from February through August to give rookies, free agents and undrafted guys a chance to become NFL ready, and give us fans something to watch besides baseball, basketball and hockey.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    AquaInferno's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    2,412
    vCash:
    2882
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: NFL officially moves NFL Draft to May

    I agree the old Saturday/Sunday drafts were the best. The prime time move was just a move for advertising money. I'm not a fan of moving it back 2 weeks. Why?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,255
    vCash:
    3752
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    The draft needs to head the other direction. I don't know why they're trying to make the coverage compete with the NBA Playoffs. Seems silly.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    12,309
    vCash:
    10458
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is already a long enough stretch in the NFL with no news to speak of. Now you drag out that period between free agency and the draft even more. NASCAR ****ed around with its venue to the point that I can barely watch it anymore. Parity ruined NASACAR and parity and revenue stream are ruining the NFL.

    The NHL, NBA, NASCAR and MLB all need to shorten the season, it seems like there is one continual season anymore and the NFL seems to want to follow that path of endlessness. Soon there will be 18 games and 2 pre-season games, then 4 pres-season games and 18 regular games plus one bye week, then two bye weeks again. If they expand the divisions by one team each (4 new teams) you now end up with one extra week of playoffs and on and on and on.

    Before we know it the Super Bowl will be in late February. I'm not so sure moving this draft back isn't part of a bigger road-map already laid our by the NFL and owners for more revenue by expanding the market time by increasing the overall length of the season.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    AquaInferno's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    2,412
    vCash:
    2882
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: NFL officially moves NFL Draft to May

    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    There is already a long enough stretch in the NFL with no news to speak of. Now you drag out that period between free agency and the draft even more. NASCAR ****ed around with its venue to the point that I can barely watch it anymore. Parity ruined NASACAR and parity and revenue stream are ruining the NFL.

    The NHL, NBA, NASCAR and MLB all need to shorten the season, it seems like there is one continual season anymore and the NFL seems to want to follow that path of endlessness. Soon there will be 18 games and 2 pre-season games, then 4 pres-season games and 18 regular games plus one bye week, then two bye weeks again. If they expand the divisions by one team each (4 new teams) you now end up with one extra week of playoffs and on and on and on.

    Before we know it the Super Bowl will be in late February. I'm not so sure moving this draft back isn't part of a bigger road-map already laid our by the NFL and owners for more revenue by expanding the market time by increasing the overall length of the season.
    Not to nitpick but 4 only accounts for one conference. It would be 8 teams overall. I agree with what you said tho it's getting a little ridiculous now. I really don't think I need the extra 2 weeks even if I feel like I can't wait for football. The anticipation is part of the overall enjoyment. If you have something too much you appreciate it a lot less.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,452
    vCash:
    10601
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post


    Roger Goodell is ruining things and has way too much power. I used to like the two day draft that was done over the weekend. Now we have to wait another month for the draft.

    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/n...,6195944.story
    Technically it's 2 weeks later...



    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Patrick_Bateman's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2006
    Posts:
    1,406
    vCash:
    1046
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post


    Roger Goodell is ruining things and has way too much power. I used to like the two day draft that was done over the weekend. Now we have to wait another month for the draft.

    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/n...,6195944.story
    The least they could've done was return to the two day format
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    allsilverdreams's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,536
    vCash:
    3078
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow not a fan of this in any way.what do we gain by waiting 2 more weeks.or should the real question be what does the league gain

    ---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

    don't the owners get a say .or are they in on it as well?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Rolando McClain officially declares for NFL Draft
    By PerfectFinz72 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 09:59 PM
  2. Berry officially declares for Draft
    By COphinphan89 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 08:01 AM
  3. FA/Draft moves
    By CC Coach in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 01:42 PM
  4. Draft Moves
    By jguig in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 12:16 AM
  5. Draft moves
    By Hellion in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2002, 06:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •