Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL officially moves NFL Draft to May

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks

NFL officially moves NFL Draft to May

Roger Goodell is ruining things and has way too much power. I used to like the two day draft that was done over the weekend. Now we have to wait another month for the draft.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/n...,6195944.story
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the three day draft, I just wish it was the 1st & 2nd rounds on the first night, 3rd & 4th on the second night, & the rest on the last day.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29 View Post
    I like the three day draft, I just wish it was the 1st & 2nd rounds on the first night, 3rd & 4th on the second night, & the rest on the last day.
    Yeah the first two rounds on Opening Night would be great....but it would probably last 5-6 hours if they did this. Nobody would probably tune in for Day Two to watch the third round and later? I guess waiting 3-4 more weeks will be ok, but it just seems like forever from when the Superbowl ends until the draft starts. They should maybe have an NFL developmental league from February through August to give rookies, free agents and undrafted guys a chance to become NFL ready, and give us fans something to watch besides baseball, basketball and hockey.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: NFL officially moves NFL Draft to May

I agree the old Saturday/Sunday drafts were the best. The prime time move was just a move for advertising money. I'm not a fan of moving it back 2 weeks. Why?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The draft needs to head the other direction. I don't know why they're trying to make the coverage compete with the NBA Playoffs. Seems silly.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is already a long enough stretch in the NFL with no news to speak of. Now you drag out that period between free agency and the draft even more. NASCAR ****ed around with its venue to the point that I can barely watch it anymore. Parity ruined NASACAR and parity and revenue stream are ruining the NFL.

The NHL, NBA, NASCAR and MLB all need to shorten the season, it seems like there is one continual season anymore and the NFL seems to want to follow that path of endlessness. Soon there will be 18 games and 2 pre-season games, then 4 pres-season games and 18 regular games plus one bye week, then two bye weeks again. If they expand the divisions by one team each (4 new teams) you now end up with one extra week of playoffs and on and on and on.

Before we know it the Super Bowl will be in late February. I'm not so sure moving this draft back isn't part of a bigger road-map already laid our by the NFL and owners for more revenue by expanding the market time by increasing the overall length of the season.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: NFL officially moves NFL Draft to May

Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    There is already a long enough stretch in the NFL with no news to speak of. Now you drag out that period between free agency and the draft even more. NASCAR ****ed around with its venue to the point that I can barely watch it anymore. Parity ruined NASACAR and parity and revenue stream are ruining the NFL.

The NHL, NBA, NASCAR and MLB all need to shorten the season, it seems like there is one continual season anymore and the NFL seems to want to follow that path of endlessness. Soon there will be 18 games and 2 pre-season games, then 4 pres-season games and 18 regular games plus one bye week, then two bye weeks again. If they expand the divisions by one team each (4 new teams) you now end up with one extra week of playoffs and on and on and on.

Before we know it the Super Bowl will be in late February. I'm not so sure moving this draft back isn't part of a bigger road-map already laid our by the NFL and owners for more revenue by expanding the market time by increasing the overall length of the season.
    Not to nitpick but 4 only accounts for one conference. It would be 8 teams overall. I agree with what you said tho it's getting a little ridiculous now. I really don't think I need the extra 2 weeks even if I feel like I can't wait for football. The anticipation is part of the overall enjoyment. If you have something too much you appreciate it a lot less.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post

Roger Goodell is ruining things and has way too much power. I used to like the two day draft that was done over the weekend. Now we have to wait another month for the draft.

Technically it's 2 weeks later...

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post

The least they could've done was return to the two day format
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow not a fan of this in any way.what do we gain by waiting 2 more weeks.or should the real question be what does the league gain

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

don't the owners get a say .or are they in on it as well?
    Quote Quote