Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins sign WR Courtney Gardner

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDevil28 View Post
    Well this is certainly interesting for me. Even though he originally gave Oklahoma his verbal, there was a LOT of talk...to the point of some insiders saying it was imminent...that he would go to LSU. We all wanted him very badly. But couldn't finish his classes.

This could be REALLY interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPYfjUFdtVs
    You sure those arnt Cordelle Patterson junior college highlights? lol.. He is Great After the Catch
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I will say one thing after watching that 13 minute video, he is a very willing and violent blocker. His skills as a WR look horrible, but maybe he has been working with someone. Very athletic but it doesn't translate to the field. No separation, and does a Salsa every time he touches the ball before he decides to head up field.

This is a hard to understand move IMO. Trouble off the field, can't keep his word, can't keep his grades up to make a D1 school, then changes his mind after agreeing with SD ?? Seems like EXACTLY the kind of person we were NOT allowing on the team.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen305 View Post
    You sure those arnt Cordelle Patterson junior college highlights? lol.. He is Great After the Catch
    I know, right!!! I think he ran backwards and lost yards on every single pass he caught. A few times he would even wait for a player to come to him so he could try to make him miss, but never could. And that was against basically HS players. Those were some horrible highlights.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Dolphins sign WR Courtney Gardner

His balance, vision, and acceleration seen to be fantastic. However, the competition is not great so it remains to be seen whether he can do the same in the NFL. Great acorn though and definitely worth a shot.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Well I will say one thing after watching that 13 minute video, he is a very willing and violent blocker. His skills as a WR look horrible, but maybe he has been working with someone. Very athletic but it doesn't translate to the field. No separation, and does a Salsa every time he touches the ball before he decides to head up field.

This is a hard to understand move IMO. Trouble off the field, can't keep his word, can't keep his grades up to make a D1 school, then changes his mind after agreeing with SD ?? Seems like EXACTLY the kind of person we were NOT allowing on the team.

Yup, couldn't agree more. He's a big tough guy but is extremely unpolished. His route running looked non-existent from that video and he just seemed to be bigger and stronger than everyone else on the field in junior-college. That doesn't work out so well in the NFL. Maybe he has been working hard to translate those raw talents and physical gifts into on-the-field play, but he certainly has a lot of work to do. Either way, I don't mind adding some competition to the WR department; if he turns out to be a good player then I'm all for it, but we'll see.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I cant see him making the 53 man.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    Maybe he is a "poor man's (some good WR)" that coaches want to have around to evaluate how a guy actually going to make the 53 does against him. Only thing I can think of
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just another body for camp...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A little extra info....doesn't sound like a bright guy.

Gardner was a highly recruited junior college player in 2012, coming out of Sierra College, committing to Oklahoma. However, he was never academically eligible to play for the Sooners, and he ultimately decided to declare for the draft. Out of high school, he was originally to play for Nevada, but academic issues forced him to the junior college route.

In 2011, Gardner, 6'3", 215-pounds, caught 61 passes for 1,099 yards and 13 touchdowns for Sierra College.
    http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/5/2...rell-sinkfield
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The video wasn't horrible. What he did, he did very well. He can block extremely well. He reminds me of Anquan Boldin with how tough he is. That mentality will most likely transfer wherever he goes. He can catch and has some versatility. He didn't get behind the defense once in that video though. Maybe he did. I did fast forward twice but, not much. I can't see him making this team. Sinkfield must be nothing but, speed if we cut him for Gardner. Gardner didn't look like he was asked to run many routes. He looks like a candidate for the practice squad.
    Quote Quote