Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins sign WR Courtney Gardner

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Along w. reports of Gibson "playing slow," this continually looking for WRs is not good.

An early sign that CK and others were right on Gibson.

Gibson and Hartline as the number 2 and 3 WRs is very unsettling, imo. I'd be looking for WRs round the clock... we need PLAYMAKERS not mediocre ceiling WRs who struggle to make difference plays on their own talents -- have to scheme to get open or do double or triple moves and come back to LOS. Not a good WR imo.

A difference-making WR makes the play against man coverage, all day.

LD
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Well I will say one thing after watching that 13 minute video, he is a very willing and violent blocker. His skills as a WR look horrible, but maybe he has been working with someone. Very athletic but it doesn't translate to the field. No separation, and does a Salsa every time he touches the ball before he decides to head up field.

This is a hard to understand move IMO. Trouble off the field, can't keep his word, can't keep his grades up to make a D1 school, then changes his mind after agreeing with SD ?? Seems like EXACTLY the kind of person we were NOT allowing on the team.
    Maybe I was looking at a different video.........because that video shows that Courtney Gardner has got skills IMHO but he's super RAW. His WR route running looks pretty good (but RAW) at one point in the video he showed the ability to setup routes via tempo pretty well, he clearly has outstanding shake and bake moves since he looks like a YAC machine and displays good hands, (based off the video). da Phinz may have just found something here. Obviously one of the BIG questions is he smart enough to learn an NFL playbook.....and based off his college history....he may not be very bright :-( http://www.dandydon.com/Courtney_Gar...ight_Video.php
    Last edited by twohype; 05-28-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    My head's on Fire!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Panhandle, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    Along w. reports of Gibson "playing slow," this continually looking for WRs is not good.

Gibson and Hartline as the number 2 and 3 WRs is very unsettling, imo. I'd be looking for WRs round the clock... we need PLAYMAKERS not mediocre ceiling WRs who struggle to make difference plays on their own talents -- have to scheme to get open or do double or triple moves and come back to LOS. Not a good WR imo.

LD
    This part makes no sense whatsoever. Apparently we start playing games next week. People on here expect the worst in every situation.
    Last edited by Show Me Your TDs; 05-28-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    Dick Butkus: "I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important like a league game or something."
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow!! This is awesome, when i read the title of the thread i was wondering if it was the same courtney gardner i played with at Sierra College. From my close up observation of watching and playing with Courtney this could be a good pick up. He's a freak athletically, catches with his hands, runs pretty good routes and can take one to the house at any given time. Although that was at a JUCO, i still believe if he gets his head on straight he can be a decent NFL receiver.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twohype View Post
    Maybe I was looking at a different video.........because that video shows that Courtney Gardner has got skills IMHO but he's super RAW. His WR route running looks pretty good (but RAW) at one point in the video he showed the ability to setup routes via tempo pretty well, he clearly has outstanding shake and bake moves since he looks like a YAC machine and displays good hands, (based off the video). da Phinz may have just found something here. Obviously one of the BIG questions is he smart enough to learn an NFL playbook.....and based off his college history....he may not be very bright :-( http://www.dandydon.com/Courtney_Gar...ight_Video.php
    I played with Courtney at Sierra and i can tell you that you are right on the money with everything you said here. There's no question about his football abilities, but we'll find out if he's been able to get his head on straight. Last i heard he lost out on going to Oklahoma because he failed his English class and had to retake it in the spring
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

LD
    Gibson, a bust in May? LOL. In May? Hart line had a good season last year, as our #1 WR. Him sliding back to #2 will be fine dude. And remember, this is only May. Take a breathe.....calm down.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reading the pre-draft interview, Gardner needs to work on building his self esteem. ;-)
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

LD
    2+2=17

Methinks you are reading too much into the Gardner signing. Watch the OJ McDuffie interview of Gibson. OJ studied Gibson's stats. Practically every catch resulted in a first down or Touchdown. OJ really, really liked his signing.
    And he knows a helluva lot more about playing the WR position, than I will ever know.
    Last edited by spiketex; 05-29-2013 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Where are these "reports" that he's struggling and playing slow?

link?
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Another Wasted Year

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    I just think Ireland owed his agent a favor.
    Quote Quote