Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN to show games outside of market area?

1. -11
    Ride The White Pony

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Anything would be better than dierdorf calling our games. Just have to sync the tv and radio broadcasts up.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have Sirius, so I listen to the games if I can't watch. Radio isn't the same as TV for sure, but atleast you get to hear your game. I still question why NFL doesn't do what MLB, NHL do with NHL Gamecenter and MLB.TV. I know it would dig into the DirecTV, but hell, they give away Sunday Ticket for free to new subscribers. I would like that option to be available as well as the Sunday Ticket.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: ESPN to show games outside of market area?

directv still has exclusive rights...but be on the lookout...directv may not keep that right within the next few years...seems that they spend alot of money on it and may want to go away from it..lets hope this happens and more carriers have the option to carry sunday ticket.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: ESPN to show games outside of market area?

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    directv still has exclusive rights...but be on the lookout...directv may not keep that right within the next few years...seems that they spend alot of money on it and may want to go away from it..lets hope this happens and more carriers have the option to carry sunday ticket.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
    I think the whole thing should be revamped. To me an all inclusive Sunday Ticket should be an option but why not a pay per team option too? So someone in another state can pay for their teams games at a lesser rate than the whole ticket and can only view out of market games for that team online. Sunday Ticket on DirecTV exclusively as it is right now is obsolete. Internet is where it's at.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does Espn radio cost anything? Hopefully we can listen for free...
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
    I have Sirius, so I listen to the games if I can't watch. Radio isn't the same as TV for sure, but atleast you get to hear your game. I still question why NFL doesn't do what MLB, NHL do with NHL Gamecenter and MLB.TV. I know it would dig into the DirecTV, but hell, they give away Sunday Ticket for free to new subscribers. I would like that option to be available as well as the Sunday Ticket.
    Red Zone is nice, better than nothing. But internet is definitely the way to go.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It seems like the bigwigs at Directv only offer the Sunday Ticket for all games to justify the high price. They know we want to just follow our teams, but they don't offer it. Like someone said, the internet will continue to be used more often until Directv feels it's losing too much money. Then they'll offer single team season tickets.

Haha, lighten up Francis!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    GoFishGo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Slingerlands, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    Anything would be better than dierdorf calling our games. Just have to sync the tv and radio broadcasts up.
    How is this guy still on TV? Someone please explain!
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DirecTV has paid billions to have the exclusive rights. The NFL is going to want billions more to renew at the end of this season. The numbers don't support that kind of an investment anymore. If you wanted Sunday Ticket, chances are you already have it. And if you do (or did in my case), you've had it with the consant price increases.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by templarwd View Post
    DirecTV has paid billions to have the exclusive rights. The NFL is going to want billions more to renew at the end of this season. The numbers don't support that kind of an investment anymore. If you wanted Sunday Ticket, chances are you already have it. And if you do (or did in my case), you've had it with the consant price increases.
    EXACTLY. DirecTV paid $4 billion to renew their exclusive rights through 2014, basically DirecTV pays that enormous amount of money because it keeps them in business, or it has since the inception of the Sunday Ticket.

That said, recently they have mentioned that after the 2014 season they may consider a non-exclusive deal, OR drop the package altogether. Of course that doesn't mean you'll be able to get it via your cable provider, as there are a bunch of issues/conflicts that would arise with the local broadcast networks.

So basically, DirecTV is your only option for the next two seasons, and I'm willing to bet they'll renew.
    Quote Quote