Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miami Dolphins' Practice Report

1. -21
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Phindog View Post
    Sounds like the defense won today.
    Seems like they're better than the offense year in and year out during OTAs/training camp. For once I want the offense to just completely smoke them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Grimes looking good is very encouraging. I believe he will make some BIG plays this year if healthy....
    2014 stats!!!
    Wk#1. 12 carries 172yds 3tds. (48-50-5)
    Wk#2. 24 carries 56yds 2tds. (4) 93yd kick return td
    Wk#3. 14 carries 94yds 1 td (51)
    2013 season highlights!!!!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/185466...ights/84988396
    Kel Barnes #23
    Yr:Jr
    Weight:190
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Miami Dolphins' Practice Report

Tannehill said the D had plays today that the offense had never even talked about in meetings. New plays are being implemented everyday and the offense wasnt ready today. Remember the media only get glimse into what is a multiday process.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port st. lucie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's nice to finally see Redzone TDs from our offense. This is very encouraging considering our Defense was #1 in the Redzone!!! This roster is very talented now and we should make some noise if we can stay healthy.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    from espn:

DAVIE, Fla. -- The new-look Miami Dolphins held another practice this week that was open to the media. The AFC East blog was live in attendance to catch all of the action.

Here are some notes and observations from Wednesday's practice:
    It was a dominant day for the defense. Miami’s defense came out on top across the board on the first- and second-team during drills. The biggest play of the day came during 11-on-11 practice when outside linebacker Koa Misi recorded a pick-six off starting quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Just a couple plays earlier, Miami linebacker Philip Wheeler nearly picked off Tannehill. Backup quarterback Matt Moore also threw an interception to safety Kelcie McCray in the two-minute drill. "It looked like the defense had the upper hand. ... I saw Ryan before I came down as I stepped off the elevator and he said, ‘Well, it wasn’t one of our better days,'" coach Joe Philbin said.
    Last week it was receiver Armon Binns. This week, the star receiver was Rishard Matthews. The 2012 seventh-round draft pick had three touchdowns in team drills, including two nice catches in the red zone. Matthews is trying to make a crowded roster at wide receiver. He caught just 11 passes for 151 yards last season but made a good impression on Wednesday.
    Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes said his Achilles feels fine and he doesn’t have any mental hurdles with his return. Grimes’ season ended early last year due to injury, and he’s returning to the field for the first time during OTAs. Miami is counting on Grimes to stay healthy and be the team’s No. 1 corner. “I’m doing well and building strength every day,” Grimes said. “I’m getting stronger and I got plenty of time before the start of the season.”
    The notable absences from practice Wednesday were defensive tackle Randy Starks (contract) and No. 1 receiver Mike Wallace (undisclosed). Starks is upset over the franchise tag, and Philbin did not explain why Wallace wasn’t present when asked.
    Projected starting running back Lamar Miller believes he’s ready to handle the load. Miller shined last year with just 51 carries and led the Dolphins with 4.9 yards per carry. But injuries and durability have been concerns for Miller dating back to college. Being Miami’s starting running back could require 200 carries or more. “I think I can be that [type of player],” Miller said. “It’s all about being in better condition and just staying healthy and treating your body well."
    Former Dolphins and New York Jets quarterback Chad Pennington was in attendance. Pennington played three seasons in Miami and was the last quarterback to lead the Dolphins to the playoffs (2008). Philbin said it was good to have another voice stop by and work with the quarterback group.
    Receiver Brandon Gibson remains a work in progress playing in the slot. He mostly played outside at receiver with the St. Louis Rams, but the Dolphins need him inside following the departure of Davone Bess. Gibson is projected to be the No. 3 receiver with Wallace and Brian Hartline on the outside. “He’s a good player,” Tannehill said of Gibson. “I think he’s still learning, still adjusting to all the nuances of the offense. It’s one thing to sit in a meeting room and learn it on paper. But all the adjustments and hot throws and stuff that you pick up over time we’re still getting adjusted to.”

Im still not a fan of Gibson in the slot, think he should be played on the outside.
    Why are you not a fan of Gibson in the slot? He is only a 6'0" wr, seems he would be perfect there.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Im still not a fan of Gibson in the slot, think he should be played on the outside.
    I understand your concern; however, if I am not mistaking we are teaching all of our WR's to play the X, Y, and Z. This could explain why we traded Bess. He could play the slot, but when they moved him outside it was a disaster.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love the competition! That's the we you beat the Cheatriots
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder what this McCray kid is all about. Sounds like Clemons may have some real comp, and may explain why he only got a 1 year deal.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We are starting to look solid at almost every position. I think the only weak spot unproven is Martin LT and Jerry RG. We need to make those positions play well to make playoffs. Solid everywhere else.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Head Dolphin In This Pod

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dodge LogoPlaystation LogoTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Good to hear RT had some TDs down in the Red Zone. When we get down there this year we should have more options to score than last year.
    Quote Quote