Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 82

Thread: Rishard Matthews

  1. -11
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,255
    vCash:
    3752
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    So does that mean some more people are starting to see why I questioned the wisdom of handing Brandon Gibson $3 million of signing bonus?
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    LordPicklewagon's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    5,423
    vCash:
    12256
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    So does that mean some more people are starting to see why I questioned the wisdom of handing Brandon Gibson $3 million of signing bonus?
    Didnt understand it from the beginning either. The guy isn't a slot and we paid big $$$ to hartline and Wallace who will be our outside receivers. This past draft was wr rich and we neglected it. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see chad bumphis out perform Gibson in the slot from the get go. I see all the money we are giving hartline, Gibson, Patterson and Marshall and I can't keep wondering why that couldn't be worked to get Jennings. Wallace and Jennings on the outside supplemented with bailey, bess, Matthews and/or swope seems real nice to me
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    929
    vCash:
    3385
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not 'starting' to see... I was always curious about the signing in as far as development, but I always considering it a 'system upgrade' over Bess.

    I viewed it as a safe move to deepen the WR corps with some Vet presence, due to not knowing what would come from the draft and other undrafted FA's.

    What I do like, and taking your GB analogy... is that the 4th spot is for a youngster who has athletic ability to a level where they want to take a shot. Additionally, I would not be surprised at them giving strong consideration to carrying 6 WR's. A lot depends on this potentially interesting development at FB. I'd much prefer going the route of H/Back / TE combos than pure FB's.

    If you're right and Gibson starts sliding [and again, it's early days], then I think that speaks to not only Matthew's development but the others.
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,255
    vCash:
    3752
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-London View Post
    Not 'starting' to see... I was always curious about the signing in as far as development, but I always considering it a 'system upgrade' over Bess.

    I viewed it as a safe move to deepen the WR corps with some Vet presence, due to not knowing what would come from the draft and other undrafted FA's.

    What I do like, and taking your GB analogy... is that the 4th spot is for a youngster who has athletic ability to a level where they want to take a shot. Additionally, I would not be surprised at them giving strong consideration to carrying 6 WR's. A lot depends on this potentially interesting development at FB. I'd much prefer going the route of H/Back / TE combos than pure FB's.

    If you're right and Gibson starts sliding [and again, it's early days], then I think that speaks to not only Matthew's development but the others.
    Only if they get into the games and actually perform well.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    929
    vCash:
    3385
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Only if they get into the games and actually perform well.
    Always have to produce to stick around!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,255
    vCash:
    3752
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-London View Post
    Always have to produce to stick around!
    Well what I mean is let's say your former 7th round pick DOES beat the guy to whom you just gave $3.3 million a year. Yes it's a positive for your 7th round pick, but it's also a negative for the guy to whom you gave a $9.8 million contract ($3 million of which is guaranteed). The only way to tell if you did more positive than negative is if the guy that ends up playing is actually any good.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    finomenal's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    3,056
    vCash:
    5463
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    So does that mean some more people are starting to see why I questioned the wisdom of handing Brandon Gibson $3 million of signing bonus?
    That was my thinking all along also. You don't sign a guy who projects to be your #4 WR when he has limited upside even if your WR group is stacked. Contracts expire and guys will want a big contract. It always helps to have a young ascending player to give you leverage.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    25,129
    vCash:
    6621
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Well what I mean is let's say your former 7th round pick DOES beat the guy to whom you just gave $3.3 million a year. Yes it's a positive for your 7th round pick, but it's also a negative for the guy to whom you gave a $9.8 million contract ($3 million of which is guaranteed). The only way to tell if you did more positive than negative is if the guy that ends up playing is actually any good.
    Regardless of that situation, (a 7th guy beating out a modestly paid FA WR) I think it was prudent by Ireland not to pin any of his hopes on any of our young WRs stepping it up and contributing. This is a direct reaction to the score of bodies we had in camp and later brought in and none of them really amounted to anything.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    FanMarino's Avatar
    HOF Pass Master

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    4,646
    vCash:
    1072
    Loc:
    Narnia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    So does that mean some more people are starting to see why I questioned the wisdom of handing Brandon Gibson $3 million of signing bonus?
    This is still off season training with no pads yes? Just saying ;-)
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    allsilverdreams's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,536
    vCash:
    3078
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we shall see who is up for the task.i don't care what the persons last name is just as long as he puts his best on the field n wins the #3 or #4 spot
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Rishard Matthews
    By dolpns13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 10:48 AM
  2. rishard matthews
    By CaSh in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-13-2013, 10:02 AM
  3. Rishard Matthews
    By Fins_of_Fury in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 04:53 PM
  4. Just Met Rishard Matthews
    By Vaark in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 09:40 PM
  5. Rishard Matthews
    By Pat-London in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 05:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •