Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Brent Grimes Lookin Good So Far

1. -1
    Bleed Aqua

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo

Player Brent Grimes Lookin Good So Far

If Brent Grimes is as talented as I think he is, if he has recovered from an Achilles injury the way it seems he has, then the Miami Dolphins have the shut down cornerback they so badly need.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ar...e-bc8089e7d00e

We ll the finz were up, but then they let me down... again
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hope so
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Strange watching a few Atlanta games a few years ago I kept on wondering who's #20? In a good way!
    If he holds up is he clearly an upgrade over Sean Smith/Vontae Davis folks?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I haven't been this hyped for our secondary since Pat and Sam! Say what you want but I'm anxious to see Will Davis, he'ss is already a hawk and now he has Grimes teaching him, outstanding. And Taylor was a 1st rnd talent so if his kidneys are good then this could get dirty.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I also like will Davis alot of ppl dogged the pick but I think he's a hardworker and will fit in well
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TNfinfan84 View Post
    I also like will Davis alot of ppl dogged the pick but I think he's a hardworker and will fit in well
    Where do you get hard worker?? Will Davis has good ball skills, above average instincts in coverage, and aggressive, play making mentallity, but the big problem I had with him is he was the worst DB drafted against the run, PERIOD!!!! And 90% of that was lack of effort. I can't see Davis being more than a nickle for several years, if ever. You have to remember when watching clips of him, that was against much lower level talent than what most other drafted players were playing against.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Am I the only person concerned he may be rushing his recovery and putting too much pressure on his Achilles too soon, therefore increasing his chances of getting injured again?

I'm seriously on heightened alert and feel as if he should rest till at least training camp starts before playing at full speed.

However, I am confident that Brent knows his body and the medical staff and coaching personnel are monitoring his condition daily in practice and that, my paranoia aside, this is basically the best thing for him by working out early and often and building tendon strength so that he'll be as close to 100% as he can get come September. I guess I just don't want him going too hard when the live bullets aren't flying. Let us all hope everything goes smooth sailing from here on out because he's pivotal to the Dolphins success this season.

Got my fingers crossed.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea he was awful against the run so I think its great that he starts at nickel. Comes in for pass protection and learns how to defend the run in the NFL
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Bleed Aqua

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by number1fin View Post
    Am I the only person concerned he may be rushing his recovery and putting too much pressure on his Achilles too soon, therefore increasing his chances of getting injured again?

I'm seriously on heightened alert and feel as if he should rest till at least training camp starts before playing at full speed.

However, I am confident that Brent knows his body and the medical staff and coaching personnel are monitoring his condition daily in practice and that, my paranoia aside, this is basically the best thing for him by working out early and often and building tendon strength so that he'll be as close to 100% as he can get come September. I guess I just don't want him going too hard when the live bullets aren't flying. Let us all hope everything goes smooth sailing from here on out because he's pivotal to the Dolphins success this season.

Got my fingers crossed.
    Your not the only one. i feel the same way. Thats a pretty serious injury to come back right away like that. marino wasnt the same after his achillis injury. but peterson had pretty much the worst knee injury and then came back in beast mode. i dunno, i hope he takes it easy and is not running to hard
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by number1fin View Post

Got my fingers crossed.
    Yes and no. Depends on how it tore and how it was repaired. If it was a clean tear off the bone he should be good now as long as he doesn't go doing 500lb calf raises. If its a tear in the middle of the tendon then yes - I'm frightened.

I tore 75% of both insertion points of my pec tendon off my humerus bone and had surgery in Jan. Doc cleared me a month ago and said the is almost no chance for reinjury as long as I don't go benching 300 right away. I'm 32 and out of my prime - he is a 29 yr old nfl player & physical freak. I think he is fine and hope y'all rest a little more assured as well...

Every time I see a stupid post I remind myself we don't have this guy as a fan
    Quote Quote