Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a little help from the locals

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It seems Miami's hotels/motels are all gone? All of them turned into condo's.
    My wife and I drove down/south the beach highway from just south of Dania beach and saw nothing for rent last time we were down there. We ended up in a dumpy place in Miami beach. Turned out to be fun. Right on the beach just steps from our room. Was a real old place and it looked to be the only one. Just locals spending the weekend there it seemed.
    Seems these places to stay are long gone from the days of my youth?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedknee View Post
    My vote is the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. It puts you right in the middle of Fort Lauderdale nightlife, tons of places to eat, at the top of the Las Olas shopping district, and a short trolly ride right down Las Olas to the most popular part of Fort Lauderdale beach. More laid back, less crowded, and less expensive than South Beach or the Hard Rock. Pay the extra $10-$20 for a room in the executive tower. The rooms are much nicer.

The Hard Rock is very nice for a single night, but the room for a Saturday night will be twice the Riverside, and while you have a lot of shopping, gambling, and bars on site, you have 20 minute drive if you want to do anything off the reservation. Of you do stay there absolutely get a reservation for the brunch at Council Oak as soon as they open. Expensive, but I have to say the best pregame food I have ever eaten.
    take woundedknees advice.... Great spot in Fort Lauderdale. 30min to the stadium.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedknee View Post
    My vote is the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. It puts you right in the middle of Fort Lauderdale nightlife, tons of places to eat, at the top of the Las Olas shopping district, and a short trolly ride right down Las Olas to the most popular part of Fort Lauderdale beach. More laid back, less crowded, and less expensive than South Beach or the Hard Rock. Pay the extra $10-$20 for a room in the executive tower. The rooms are much nicer.

The Hard Rock is very nice for a single night, but the room for a Saturday night will be twice the Riverside, and while you have a lot of shopping, gambling, and bars on site, you have 20 minute drive if you want to do anything off the reservation. Of you do stay there absolutely get a reservation for the brunch at Council Oak as soon as they open. Expensive, but I have to say the best pregame food I have ever eaten.
    I was gonna say the riverside hotel too. Nice area, you can walk to all the bars and restaurants, rooms are nice and its a quick trolley ride to the beach. There's a bar right across the street from it that I see dolphin players all the time at.
    Quote Quote