Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84

Thread: Ps4 vs Xbox one

  1. -41
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,648
    vCash:
    1248
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

    Re: Ps4 vs Xbox one

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    I have always been a Ps man but was considering getting an xbox...all i play are sports games and I really like the pass thru mode as it would save me around 60 dollars a year(Cause direct charges 5$ a box) that matters to me and being able to switch back and fourth from tv is cool...But I really dont like the fact that xbox is putting stop to ppl buying used games...that upsets me as a consumer..
    They aren't putting a stop to it. They are only putting those limitations on Microsoft Studio games. So games like Halo and Gears of War. Third-party publishers will have the option to put limitations on their game but are not required to put limitations on their game. Sony has come out and said the same thing during their press conference.

    Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,637
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    They aren't putting a stop to it. They are only putting those limitations on Microsoft Studio games. So games like Halo and Gears of War. Third-party publishers will have the option to put limitations on their game but are not required to put limitations on their game. Sony has come out and said the same thing during their press conference.
    Never goto the Library without your shotgun.

    I have not read that anywhere?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,648
    vCash:
    1248
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

    Re: Ps4 vs Xbox one

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    I have not read that anywhere?
    Sorry, I was parked in the bank drive thru when I typed that.

    Sony is not going to block ANY games that are used. But if the developers want to restrict their games so they can't be resold then they can.

    http://kotaku.com/third-party-publis...game-512643240

    Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    trojanma's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,620
    vCash:
    3897
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    I think the press field day of PS3 > Xbox is overblown. Also it will simmer down by the release time.

    Ultimately the used game thing will be very small difference restricted to the Sony/Microsoft games.
    PS3 sided with the consumers but Xbox sided with game developers on this issue of used games. This issue is a long time coming in PC games and truly it only makes sense for consoles to align more with that. Just look at steam network and how that has changed gaming.

    The hardware differences are miniscule with a slight edge towards the PS3.
    The network is much more established and Microsoft has more infrastructure to support it. Edge Xbox.

    The difference boils down to do you wish to pay an extra hundred dollars for kinect.

    I believe that slowly the Kinect will go from an odd appendage designed to compete with the Wii phenomenon to a weapon. Xbox being tied to it and not optional will end up being an advantage not an albatross, because devs will know it is always there.

    I am invested in the Xbox ecosystem so I will continue it.
    I believe the systems will be similar and it is reasonable to choose either or both.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,001
    vCash:
    2608
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Ps4 vs Xbox one

    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    I think the press field day of PS3 > Xbox is overblown. Also it will simmer down by the release time.

    Ultimately the used game thing will be very small difference restricted to the Sony/Microsoft games.
    PS3 sided with the consumers but Xbox sided with game developers on this issue of used games. This issue is a long time coming in PC games and truly it only makes sense for consoles to align more with that. Just look at steam network and how that has changed gaming.

    The hardware differences are miniscule with a slight edge towards the PS3.
    The network is much more established and Microsoft has more infrastructure to support it. Edge Xbox.

    The difference boils down to do you wish to pay an extra hundred dollars for kinect.

    I believe that slowly the Kinect will go from an odd appendage designed to compete with the Wii phenomenon to a weapon. Xbox being tied to it and not optional will end up being an advantage not an albatross, because devs will know it is always there.

    I am invested in the Xbox ecosystem so I will continue it.
    I believe the systems will be similar and it is reasonable to choose either or both.
    It's not overblown. Microsoft got bitch slapped. Forcing me to pay $100 for some stupid Kinect product that I don't even want is absolute lunacy. If being able to wave me hand around to play a game was important to me I'd buy a Wii. They do it better anyways. Besides, Sony has the Move and the Eye, yet you don't see them forcing it down my throat.

    On top of that they take away my ability to buy and sell used games. They take away my ability to share games which is HUGE deal for me living in an Army barracks where everyone has a gaming console and shares games with each other.

    On top of that they force me to have Internet to play single player games. The Xbox One is completely useless to every one us in the military. Can't use it in the field. Can't use it on deployments. Useless to those in the Navy stuck on a ship with no Internet access.

    The Xbox One is garbage. Kudos to Sony for not falling into the DRM trap every developer seems to be doing these days.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Clipse; 06-12-2013 at 03:59 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,549
    vCash:
    11782
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Sorry, I was parked in the bank drive thru when I typed that.

    Sony is not going to block ANY games that are used. But if the developers want to restrict their games so they can't be resold then they can.

    http://kotaku.com/third-party-publis...game-512643240

    Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    A developer option is one thing. Microsoft makes it pretty clear where they stand by imposing it on their own games.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,648
    vCash:
    1248
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

    Re: Ps4 vs Xbox one

    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    A developer option is one thing. Microsoft makes it pretty clear where they stand by imposing it on their own games.
    Agreed. And to be honest I rarely buy used games. So in the end it barely effects me. But at the end of the day, Microsoft is being just plain arrogant. From the fact that you have to have the Kinect connected, to Microsoft games being restricted, to the XB1 always having to be connected. They are just expecting people to take it up the ass without yelling rape.

    I mean they came out yesterday and said, “Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,”. Now if that doesn't scream arrogant I don't know what does.

    I know because of that fact alone I will be jumping solely into the Sony boat. I'll still buy the XB1, but only because of Halo. And not for some time. I just hope by then I can afford internet at home.

    Here is the link to the 360 quote. He even goes as far to used the armed forces as an example.
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12...ays-microsoft?

    Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,001
    vCash:
    2608
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't buy many used games either, but I do sell all of my games eventually. So that's more money Microsoft takes out of my pocket. It's funny you bring up a quote regarding the military considering my last post details that point having not seen this quote yet. It's unfortunate we have to serve douchebags like this, but you take the good with the bad. "Buy an Xbox 360." Well, gee, thanks for the advice Don.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    AquaInferno's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    2,340
    vCash:
    2305
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Ps4 vs Xbox one

    For those of you fearing Sony and DRM I'm just going to state simple facts real quick. First of all DRM revolves around online. With Xbox One you need to be online to install a game. DRM right there. The every 24 hours connection is for their hardware's sake. They're doing dashboard checks (I know quite a bit about the 360 hack scene). Sony is just leaving the door open to developers via words only. The door is almost closed, the only way is if a game either says well the console must be connected to play this game. That's a stretch but slightly possible think about it not even evil Diablo 3 and it's always on DRM will require that since it will have offline play. Or online passes which EA claims they won't do anymore and besides them only THQ (bankrupt) and WB have used them as far as I'm aware if anyone knows any more please throw them out there.

    Another note: I was pissed about the Xbox One thing too and the always online yadda yadda. Then I looked at my Steam account and saw all those games with the Steam DRM and said I've already participated and can't be a hippocrite. Most people I know own a PC and have Steam games so those of us who do really shouldn't complain.

    I bought my consoles last night on Bestbuy.com and they made me pay up front which I'm ok with because now I've paid if I don't get my PS4 and Xbox One someone is getting the old school Sub Zero fatility done to them.

    I hope my long winded post helps some people with this DRM deal, I have Diablo 3 and Sim City and like toying with console exploits so I know a lot of the rhyme and reason MS is doing this stuff. I honestly don't blame them either they got whooped by console hacks. People thought PC game piracy is bad yea right they just had a blind eye to the console side. That's why Xbox One needs to be online every 24 hours so it knows it hasnt been hacked. The used game fee is what it is... a money grab.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,001
    vCash:
    2608
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Ps4 vs Xbox one

    Console piracy/hacking isn't in the same Galaxy as PC piracy/hacking. There's no rhyme or reason whatsoever to DRM which requires a connection. Just like on PC, hackers WILL find a way to bypass DRM causing the intrusive DRM to be nothing more than a hindrance to legit users only instead of the people in which the DRM is supposed to effect. Legit users getting ****ed without lube. That's gaming today.


    Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
  2. Xbox 360 - Gaming Lagoon - Free Xbox stuff...
    By QuenteK25 in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
  3. will the xbox 360 be able to play xbox games?
    By Doktor Ivel in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 03:11 PM
  4. xbox
    By nick1 in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-31-2004, 09:20 PM
  5. Any Xbox'ers in here??
    By Wakey in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 03:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •